it sucks that you have to shave your beard to drive.

rod

Retired 22 years
Come on guys----you all know you look so stylish if you just grow your little Hitler mustaches like the company allows.

Pickles

What about tattoos? At my hub you have to cover it up. I was putting my trailer to a door in Omaha this summer and looked over and the guy next to me had sleeves and his legs were completely covered in ink. I thought I'd see him in the bathroom and ask him where he was from but I never saw him again.

Rawrzxor

"You can grow one when you retire (In 30 years)" It's :censored2:ed up and weird that they decide how much hair is on your body. At the very least, there should be a mandatory 'styled, clean' beard. As in, it shouldn't be all wiry and jungley; but they shouldn't have the power to say you can't grow hair.

However, they let you have a mustache? What does that even mean? "You can have facial hair, but only above your upper lip." What? I don't see the difference. How is a mustache more 'professional'? I think beards are more sophisticated. I don't know about other people, but when I see someone with a mustache, I think 'creepy' or 'sex crazed maniac'. No offense to people with mustaches. >_>

Oh, well. Ultimately, the pay is well enough to deal with it, eh? Now, if they made package handlers clean cut, I'd be pissed. But when I become a driver, I won't mind shaving for all the benefits and pay.

Indecisi0n

20izbs5.jpg

Xexys

Retired and Happy
When I worked at the Customer Counter (Center) the building I worked at wasn't big enough to incorporate the counter at the main building. We had our own building that was combined with the shop. We are still supposed to keep our face clean as we are dealing with the public.

Since we were separated from the main building I decided to see how long it would take before they noticed my goatee. Yes, it was two colors, grey and dirty blond. I kept it looking good and trimmed it every 2-3 weeks. Bosses would come in from time to time and never did they say anything to me about it, not once. I kept it almost to the day of retirement, a good year and a half. I got many compliments on it too. I was always a rebel but a great employee and I think that probably helped.

Did the company doctor have to sign off on the notes?

I would love to have the option of growing a beard. I'm not talking Duck Dynasty----a neatly trimmed goatee would be fine.
The ones I have talked to did not go to see a company doctor. They went to their own doctor for the notes. And I do give them all credit: every one of their beards is neatly trimmed. No duck dynasty look alikes.

Abs kz

So sad you guys deliver boxes and you think you need smart appearances ? WTF loooool anyone can knock on a door and say package for mr smith you don't need to look like a banker to do so. Clean shave what a joke!!!!! Fed ex all the way no discrimination at all

JL 0513

So sad you guys deliver boxes and you think you need smart appearances ? WTF loooool anyone can knock on a door and say package for mr smith you don't need to look like a banker to do so. Clean shave what a joke!!!!! Fed ex all the way no discrimination at all

You think that's what the job entails? LOL. Yeah, we get $33/hr because it's so easy and anyone can do it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Of course not. But it's hard enough that only a small portion of the population is even capable of doing it. Otherwise it would be a minimum wage job, yet it pays over 4 times minimum wage. It's not just handing people boxes as the above troll suggested.

FedEx Ground has shown that the job can be performed in an adequate manner for 1/3-1/2 the wage.

Rainman

Its all good.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1403315761.629246.jpg

Fed ex box soaked by rain, at least 1/2 inch of water puddled on top of it. UPS package on bag. Which do you think is adequate?

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Enjoy your goatee..,and your $17 an hour paycut...lol