It sucks to be me...

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The next four weeks are, historically, the hottest weeks of the year.:anxious:

The next four weeks are also, however, the ones that I picked for my vacation.:cool-very:

I'm going to feel pretty guilty a week or two from now when its 100 outside and the heat waves are broiling off of the pavement, and I look out the window of my air-conditioned house and see some poor schmuck sweating his ass off in a package car.

Well, maybe I will only feel a little guilty. And once that guilty feeling fades away, I will just turn the AC down another couple of degrees and curl up under my blanket and take a nap.

klein

Für Meno :)
Apparently not working for 52 weeks doesn't either.

Actually, I want to make that probably 70 or maybe 90 weeks or more.
Wanna go to the German Octoberfest in September.

I got enough money to last me for a while.
OH, And not government.... !!!

If you can save over $1000 per month, (sacrificing things neighbors have and you don't), it's neat that you can take a break when needed.

klein

I would prefer to work during the heat wave and take my vacation so that I can enjoy it.

If I ever had a driver job again, I would take my vacation mid in winter. Trust me , it's too brutal to work here... and just fly to Mexico for the time being or Florida.

bigbrownhen

I always take a week in August, just to get a break. It is usually the hottest week of the year and the one that most schools get their books delivered for the new year. Its a great week to take off. I learned that trick from an older driver I used to cover for. Delivering 40 boxes of books to several schools is not much fun in 100 degree heat.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
The next four weeks are, historically, the hottest weeks of the year.:anxious:

The next four weeks are also, however, the ones that I picked for my vacation.:cool-very:

I'm going to feel pretty guilty a week or two from now when its 100 outside and the heat waves are broiling off of the pavement, and I look out the window of my air-conditioned house and see some poor schmuck sweating his ass off in a package car.

Well, maybe I will only feel a little guilty. And once that guilty feeling fades away, I will just turn the AC down another couple of degrees and curl up under my blanket and take a nap.
Bastard.

klein

I always take a week in August, just to get a break. It is usually the hottest week of the year and the one that most schools get their books delivered for the new year. Its a great week to take off. I learned that trick from an older driver I used to cover for. Delivering 40 boxes of books to several schools is not much fun in 100 degree heat.

I remember those darn books to schools..... gee and half the time they sent them too early, schools are still closed ! Back and forth we go.. with all of them :(

jimstud

Banned
i couldn't take 4 in a row , i would never go back. so now i take my 5 weeks by working 1 week and then taking 1 week off that way i only work 3 weeks in the summer.

JustTired

free at last.......
i couldn't take 4 in a row , i would never go back. so now i take my 5 weeks by working 1 week and then taking 1 week off that way i only work 3 weeks in the summer.

Heck, if I took 2 weeks off in a row...I could hardly go back.

Ahhhh retirement. Never thought I'd make it. It's been a nice couple of years.

And yes, I still feel bad when I see one of my old workmates out on the road(especially at 6:30-7:00p.m.). Hot or not!

NHDRVR

I am on week 3 of 4 in a row... It's awesome (2 more in the winter)

This fall though, for the 1st time in 8 years, BOTH of my daughters, 8 and 6, will be in school full time and a day off will actually be a day off. You parents know of what I speak. I am thinking of the Staples commercial with the Andy Williams song, "The Most Wonderful Time", where the dad is smiling putting school supplies in the carriage as his 2 kids drag their feet behind him. Very funny....

browndevil

Welcome to the 21 century. One of the schools I deliver to will now have their students download the books to their personal laptops. I guess kind of like a Kindle and keep a few hardcopies in the classroom. No more lugging hantrucks of text books across the campus any more for me