Its all a dream. You got nothing

bbsam

Staff member
Don't like the model? Change the law. In my opinion, that's the only way the model can be defeated. It's no just X. Wall Street loves this stuff. It pads the bottom line of thousands of companies with billions of dollars. That's what you're truly up against.

bacha29

First up dmac, the general rule is that a contractor can only operate 30 % of the total number of routes at a given terminal. Secondly this contractor scam should have gone in front of a federal grand jury. The charge? Willful tax fraud. While they have announced a preliminary settlement for the 20 state multi-district class action, there are more out there. Last the same federal judge who in 2010 ruled that Ground contractors were not employees certified as a class action a nation wide suit under the Employee Income Retirement Act, better known as ERISA. Not much heard about it since.

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
I come here daily to brush up on knowledge. I saw my Terminal Mgr canned this week. I hear you all bitch. I try to enjoy my new position of doing nothing.
None of you make me comfortable about ISP.
*doh*

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
First up dmac, the general rule is that a contractor can only operate 30 % of the total number of routes at a given terminal.

Ok tell me about a contractor having 70 routes between 3 family members.. one of which hasn't been to kindergarten? Hell of a BC, yes?

It will be fine

Ok tell me about a contractor having 70 routes between 3 family members.. one of which hasn't been to kindergarten? Hell of a BC, yes?
They grandfather the giant contractors that would be way over scale. Eventually they will be split up between all the new buildings that are going up. In some ways they can screw the biggest guys the hardest because they have so much invested and can survive deeper cuts.

bacha29

My only advice for the ISP's and CSP's that remain . Hope for the best but plan for the worst. When X saw multi route operations being sold for a million bucks or more they knew the reason for bringing those prices were because they were in the minds of X excessively profitable and they've set out to change that. Remember this industry's overall net operating margin is around 6% Rest assured that they are determined to keep in that range or even lower if they can get it there and get away with it.

Bounty

My only advice for the ISP's and CSP's that remain . Hope for the best but plan for the worst. When X saw multi route operations being sold for a million bucks or more they knew the reason for bringing those prices were because they were in the minds of X excessively profitable and they've set out to change that. Remember this industry's overall net operating margin is around 6% Rest assured that they are determined to keep in that range or even lower if they can get it there and get away with it.
Nice company to contract for, force you to buy routes and then purposely de-value them.

dmac1

Nice company to contract for, force you to buy routes and then purposely de-value them.
Those routes were never worth what some clowns may have paid simply because of the uncertainty fedex built into the contract. How anyone could spend a million bucks when the contract itself gave fedex the right to cancel at any time with little to no recourse for the contractor proves that fools are born every day.

Exec32

Last I looked FedEx enjoyed about 18-20% return according to their annual

Exec32

Contracting is not against the law in this industry. It could work, but not with 95% of the contractors they currently have. I watch some of them as they sit in these meetings, unable to make a decision and practically begging for management to help them make it, or better yet listen to all the directives from the TM and go do everything they ask without hesitation,(PUPPETS!,) regardless of the cost to their own company, and I use that word lightly.
In other words you have to be entrepreneurial, a leader with balls, remain professional and demand respect. Believe it or not that is the only way to succeed.
FedEx knows what they got, and they know we are not prepared for the future, to compete with UPS, with technology and increasing demands from shippers and customers, that's a big reason they control us, keep us on leashes, they are truly frightened of what they have.
In the mean time they will fill their pockets, you guys will just exists, and they will change everything at a moment's notice.

bacha29

Indeed, I saw a lot of it in my 23 years of it. As 32 pointed out, half the time the contractors does whatever they are told to do out of the false hope that they will gain economically in the future. The other half of the time they do it because they do not have enough contract language on their side to mount any objection. Given that little contract language exists that favors the contractor and rest assured they'll see to it that there won't be any in the future all any contractor can do is the VERY LEAST that is required of them. By the way the 4th quarter operating results and end of the year summary comes out at 5 PM EDST.

Exec32

Indeed, I saw a lot of it in my 23 years of it. As 32 pointed out, half the time the contractors does whatever they are told to do out of the false hope that they will gain economically in the future. The other half of the time they do it because they do not have enough contract language on their side to mount any objection. Given that little contract language exists that favors the contractor and rest assured they'll see to it that there won't be any in the future all any contractor can do is the VERY LEAST that is required of them. By the way the 4th quarter operating results and end of the year summary comes out at 5 PM EDST.
That is exactly what I told my guys, THE LEAST POSSIBLE, got it in my policy procedure manual, not proud of it, just gotta look out for my shareholder and reduce uncompensated cost!

bacha29

Well ground guys I looked up X's 8 K filing for the just ended 2106 fiscal year and here are the numbers year over year..... Revenue: 16.574 Billion.
UP 28% . Net operating income (profit) . 2.172 Billion UP 5%. Net operating margin: 13.7% Now that's down slightly because they are on a spending spree building new terminals and hubs which will slow down in the next few years. Package volume expect to continue to go up. Company expects its market share to increase from 31% to 51% within 5 years. E-Commerce to continue to grow at a 15% annual rate for the foreseeable future