It's april...turn off the heat!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Long time lurker...I've been loading for 5 years. Up until two winters ago...our building would be nice n chilly during the winter, to the point where supervisors would stroll around in their coats, but we'd be comfortable cause we're actually working lol. The past five months, they've been blasting the heat so management doesn't freeze. To the point where a lot of us are wearing shorts to load year round. Oh it's snowing out? Well it's 80 degrees in the building, so i'm not wearing pants. Yesterday, my pt sup kept walking by n shutting my fan hhh off cuz he was cold...

laffter

Your building has heat? Only interior rooms have heat/ac vents in my building. Such as break room, my personal office (bathroom), and management's offices.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Double standards. Would tell them not to idle the furnace too long as they might show up on some kind of report.
I'm expected to sit in my package car during breaks when it is cold without the heater running.

kingOFchester

Double standards. Would tell them not to idle the furnace too long as they might show up on some kind of report.
I'm expected to sit in my package car during breaks when it is cold without the heater running.

Oh, that too has been addressed in the contract. Something along the lines of "Package Car and Feeder drivers will be allowed to idle their respective vehicles while on lunch and/or break when the outside temperature is below or near 32 degrees Fahrenheit."

What strong language......HA. At or NEAR????? Why not have an actual number?? My definition of near, may be different then yours, and more importantly different then UPS's definition.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The loader who loads one of the routes I run loaded it like COMPLETE CRAP Tuesday, and when I called him out on it Wednesday he said it was because he was cold.

He loads 3 trucks, 2 hogs and a trailer and he's all by himself on the PDC and he said that the first day of April the big wigs came around and decided he didn't need the heat, despite the fact that it was in the low 20's all morning.

I told him to make a call to OSHA, since nobody in management seemed to give a damn.

@ King of chester, everything at UPS is subjective. Take the 10 pt commentary..... When stopped in traffic, leave 1 carlength space. Well, a Smart car is about 8 foot long, where as a Ford Excursion would be about 26 feet, so which one is it?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The loader who loads one of the routes I run loaded it like COMPLETE CRAP Tuesday, and when I called him out on it Wednesday he said it was because he was cold.

He loads 3 trucks, 2 hogs and a trailer and he's all by himself on the PDC and he said that the first day of April the big wigs came around and decided he didn't need the heat, despite the fact that it was in the low 20's all morning.

I told him to make a call to OSHA, since nobody in management seemd to give a damn

He is way over worked. The 2 hogs is probably about all he should load. Maybe the trailer too.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
He is way over worked. The 2 hogs is probably about all he should load. Maybe the trailer too.

Na, he's just lazy. lol

The trailer is one that gets pulled and delivered completely to a major account (hell, the loader even has to scan the labels with a Diad while he loads it up)

I'm sure he can load all 3 perfectly if he really wanted to, but for what little he is paid and working all alone and being bored as hell, I'd probably slack a bit too

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Oh, that too has been addressed in the contract. Something along the lines of "Package Car and Feeder drivers will be allowed to idle their respective vehicles while on lunch and/or break when the outside temperature is below or near 32 degrees Fahrenheit."

What strong language......HA. At or NEAR????? Why not have an actual number?? My definition of near, may be different then yours, and more importantly different then UPS's definition.

Pretty sure my vehicle isn't equipped with a thermometer.

QKRSTKR

I always love when people say call OSHA because its cold. Some people work in freezers all day long, or unload refrigerated trailers at other companies. So next winter when it 10 degrees outside can I call OSHA and complain Mother Nature is causing me occupational safety and health hazard. Give me a break.