Its back .........

GolfCart

Thats cool with me if you need the OT , but others do not ! I was forced to go help a driver because he was on list and I was not . So my good day turned into a horrible day . After that , I got on the list , then it was smooth sailing .

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Most days I dont care, but as a steady diet, it leaves little time for home life. But I just sometimes want to be home by 8. It has not let up since last Christmas............And since this Christmas its been 10.5 every day. I signed the list, but have not filed so I only have myself to blame.

GolfCart

talked with boss today , he looked at my numbers for last week and said after today it would get better . He agreed with me , He said " You had to many stops last week each day " We will see.......

badpal.

avoiding brown kool-aid
The guy who had my route before me had a 10hr day (without lunch) on average and didn't opt in but was the first to b*tch about it. Since I "won" this route my average day is 9hrs (with a lunch) and the usual 10hr Monday (UPS store and other heavy pickups).

screamin chicken

Well Im glad it works for some of us, I need a more stable union , I have been on the over 9.5 list going on my second year, I file on the violation and it does nothing for me, my local does nothing for me but to tell me that I have to work as instructed. My normal day starts at 165 and goes to 190 every day, Im not in the red ever, I file, i make the corp. hotline phone calls, example me 183 no helper I tell my sup. my helper is a no show, twenty mins. later he instructs me to take 20 off another driver that has a helper, I end up with 210 I file and the next morning i have my sup sign the griev and he refuses and tells me I have to work as instructed and I have no case. this is Jan. and im still at 160-190 this is starting to be a safety issue and they do not care.

GolfCart

Well Im glad it works for some of us, I need a more stable union , I have been on the over 9.5 list going on my second year, I file on the violation and it does nothing for me, my local does nothing for me but to tell me that I have to work as instructed. My normal day starts at 165 and goes to 190 every day, Im not in the red ever, I file, i make the corp. hotline phone calls, example me 183 no helper I tell my sup. my helper is a no show, twenty mins. later he instructs me to take 20 off another driver that has a helper, I end up with 210 I file and the next morning i have my sup sign the griev and he refuses and tells me I have to work as instructed and I have no case. this is Jan. and im still at 160-190 this is starting to be a safety issue and they do not care.

If you file once that gets you nothing . Work 3 in one week , file , 3 the next week , file , then the 3rd week they owe you 3x the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ IF you have 3 the 3rd week . My distric manager knew my name after the 2nd time . They were pulling work off ME every day !!! Sad thing was if I was off a day or week , cover driver got HAMMERED again . Call your union hall , someone can help you !! If you really want to have better days and less money . My boss ONLY got mad at me , because I did NOT talk to hime 1 on 1 first. So Monday I did talk to him . I said " Its coming !" I have to much work every day ! He said " Thanks for coming to me 1st " I said " This is your ONLY talk yo about over 9.5s " Next I am filing . When you make the 2 nd list it only last like 4-5 months ( I think ) You need to CALL someone !! It worked for me !!!

menotyou

bella amicizia
If you write a letter to your local union and cc a copy to your state union council, your local will start paying attention. Make sure they understand you expect them to work as directed, also. As directed by your contract and your state and federal laws.

NYdriver

If you file once that gets you nothing . Work 3 in one week , file , 3 the next week , file , then the 3rd week they owe you 3x the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ IF you have 3 the 3rd week . My distric manager knew my name after the 2nd time . They were pulling work off ME every day !!! Sad thing was if I was off a day or week , cover driver got HAMMERED again . Call your union hall , someone can help you !! If you really want to have better days and less money . My boss ONLY got mad at me , because I did NOT talk to hime 1 on 1 first. So Monday I did talk to him . I said " Its coming !" I have to much work every day ! He said " Thanks for coming to me 1st " I said " This is your ONLY talk yo about over 9.5s " Next I am filing . When you make the 2 nd list it only last like 4-5 months ( I think ) You need to CALL someone !! It worked for me !!!

I'm all for a fair days work for a fair days pay, but that being said, if you keep on filing you can guarantee your on-car is following you with a video camera every day waiting for that one slip up. They make your life a living hell...in my center anyhow.

yeldarb

I have no problem with people being on the 9.5 list, but I dont think people should be pressured into getting on the list. If people like the long hours, that should be their call and should not be questioned by others. I like long days and volunteer to help drivers around me if its needed, but if the long day isnt available, I come in. I dont necessarily need the cash, but I do like to max out my 401k and have a nice vacation with my family when I am off. Sacrifice can have rewards as long as the priorities are still in order.

danlin

And now my take on the filing 9.5..First of all the company is always preaching and slamming safety down our throats, which is good, but being safe mentally and physically requires total concentration ALL of the time. That total concentration can and does dwindle after 8 hours of the type of effort we have to put out there everyday, not to mention most routes are designed on purpose so that you can't take an hour break.(i.e. later starter times,earlier air pulls etc..) So how can working past 9.5 hours or 10 or 11 be safe? How can you get enough rest in and proper nutrition which they are now trying to preach? In that respect I see the company as being total hypocrites which I loathe.
Secondly I work in a 5 driver satellite center where 4 of the 5 drivers who start at ten a.m. were constantly being bombarded with hours, so you can do the math and figure out what time they were getting in. One of them cajoned (sic) up last year and filed and the other 3 followed suit. The one that filed was either getting dumped on by the 5th driver who had to be back to the main center with air, or on the days management would cut a route he would always have to work at least 12 hrs. So now the "mother" center has to send an additional driver almost on a daily basis and never cuts routes. You do have a good contract with good language especially if your business agent and stewards all enforce and stand behind it..
Finally I try to present a scenario to all the drivers that are "on the fence about filing but want to" and it goes like this; If everyone that wants to file would do it then that would surely create more jobs and more jobs mean more drivers and what do new drivers do.... They buy houses and vehicles and gadgets, thereby stimulating this economy making companies do better, making stocks go up, making 401ks go up and....well you get the picture..

GolfCart

Its also rough walking up to a house with NO lights on , and going to ft door . I am afraid !!!!!!!!! of dogs being out , crazy people with guns , lots could go wrong after 7:00 . No one should be forced to work late hrs with people being so gun happy these days .
UPS !!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT SHOOT !!!!!!!