It's been 18 days after my job offer and haven't heard anything.... help

Northwest

June 1st I got a call from a sales supervisor to offer me the job I interviewed for, and he told me he would complete my background check and contact me when he got the results as well as send out my hiring packet. I have not gotten a phone call, anything in the mail, and he did not leave me with a number to contact him. I wouldn't be so worried about this but my start date is mid July, and I am moving across the country for this position. It would be nice to get information such as the address to the location I will be working so I can find a place to live within reasonable distance, and to do all of this in one months time is cutting it short.

I will not post my position, state location, or any names, but if you PM me and can help, I will disclose more information.

If anyone can offer any advice it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Northwest

Sounds like u failed the background check...

That is not possible. I have absolutely no criminal background, nothing what so ever. I don't owe any money to collections or anything like that. I got a negligent 2 driving violation 3 years ago, but that's just a traffic violation, not even a misdemeanor.

If I can pass a background check to get my concealed carry permit (which I have), there is no reason I wouldn't pass an employer background check.

S

splozi

If I can pass a background check to get my concealed carry permit (which I have), there is no reason I wouldn't pass an employer background check.

There's your answer! Management doesn't want you shooting them in the face when they piss you the eff off. :funny:

Buck Fifty

When you didn't ask for a contact,number, address ,etc they probably decided you weren't the right person for a sales rep job. Just Saying. Good Luck !

Northwest

When you didn't ask for a contact,number, address ,etc they probably decided you weren't the right person for a sales rep job. Just Saying. Good Luck !

I don't think so. I asked for an address of where I would be working but since the facility is still being built the training will be done in a different location (which is the address I didn't get). Also, he said they would be contacting me after my background check went through, so I didn't ask for a contact. Thinking back, yes I should have. But, I highly doubt since I didn't ask for a phone number they would revoke the job offer after doing multiple interviews and such.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I would say in stead of asking us why you didn't get hired yet you should be picking up the phone and following up with your possible employer.

Northwest

Northwest - You are not setup to receive PM's, PM me. I may not be able to help, but can point you in the right direction.

I tried to click on your username but it doesn't give me the option to PM you at all, I don't know why I can't PM. I couldn't figure out how to activate it in my settings either. Not sure what to do?

Northwest

Well, I called HR on Wednesday and was told to go online and summit a inquiry about my situation and someone will contact me. Still haven't heard anything back, starting to get real worried.

UPSGUY72

June 1st I got a call from a sales supervisor to offer me the job I interviewed for, and he told me he would complete my background check and contact me when he got the results as well as send out my hiring packet. I have not gotten a phone call, anything in the mail, and he did not leave me with a number to contact him. I wouldn't be so worried about this but my start date is mid July, and I am moving across the country for this position. It would be nice to get information such as the address to the location I will be working so I can find a place to live within reasonable distance, and to do all of this in one months time is cutting it short.

I will not post my position, state location, or any names, but if you PM me and can help, I will disclose more information.

If anyone can offer any advice it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

UPS doesn't due the back ground check some other company does....

Cementups

Box Monkey
Well, I called HR on Wednesday and was told to go online and summit a inquiry about my situation and someone will contact me. Still haven't heard anything back, starting to get real worried.

This is part of the online world that drives me bonkers. No body wants to talk to any body. All email. How about we start emailing them their packages and see how they like that.

Northwest

Yeah man it was a pain in the ass to get a hold of an actual person.

But, all is well. I guess there was a snag with the background check and the courts were taking their sweet time. But it finally (26 days later) came back clean and I got my offer letter in the mail.

Start later this month. w00t

Returntosender

Yeah man it was a pain in the ass to get a hold of an actual person.

But, all is well. I guess there was a snag with the background check and the courts were taking their sweet time. But it finally (26 days later) came back clean and I got my offer letter in the mail.

Start later this month. w00t
After couple of weeks on the job. You might quit cause the physcial work/ and work enviroment is too much for you? All the pre=employement tasks you did along with the all stress/hope you put yourself through will be for waste if you quit within a couple of weeks of employment. But it be a good life experience for you.