It's crazy...

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
image-9-jpg.68594
DAMNNN GINA!!!

El Correcto

god is dead
I love this company though, beats the hell out of being management at some clothing store or something boring like that. Still making less, not having the same benefits or perks. I was offered a discount from Dodge yesterday just because I'm a UPSer.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I love this company though, beats the hell out of being management at some clothing store or something boring like that. Still making less, not having the same benefits or perks. I was offered a discount from Dodge yesterday just because I'm a UPSer.

Go to upsers.com to see if the discount offered there is better than the one that you were offered at the dealership.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I copied and pasted the link but realized that it has my full name at the top of the page so I deleted it.

You can find it under Employee Discounts, Automotive, Chrysler/Dodge. The discount is 1% below factory invoice.

El Correcto

god is dead
This company is worth all the bull :censored2: it can cause though. I don't have any previous job experience or college. I make double what my mom makes and she has been working for the same company 20 years now.

rod

Retired 22 years
I'll look into right now, if you happen to have link handy that'd be useful.
I'm looking at hopping into one of these by the end of the month.
b286d091dcbf142332134ec704c06d92x.jpg

Nevermind I found link https://ep.ups.com/upsers/myportal/portalhome/Company/Employee-Discounts/employee+discounts

For your own good----save some money too (as much as you can). Don't blow all your new found wealth on toys. There will be time for that later. Unless you can REALLY afford it a brand new vehicle is the worst possible purchase you can make.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
For your own good----save some money too (as much as you can). Don't blow all your new found wealth on toys. There will be time for that later. Unless you can REALLY afford it a brand new vehicle is the worst possible purchase you can make.

Very wise advice, I tell all our new drivers this. Don't be so eager to put "The Golden Handcuffs" on, meaning don't go into a lot of debt that will be hard to get out of. New cars are probably the worst investment you will ever make. I feel sorry for a lot of people when I walk through our employee parking lot. A lot of people blow money on cars and don't think about investing for retirement.

Last edited:

Rack em

Made the Podium
I agree. As long as you have a dependable vehicle that can get you around, then you dont need a new fancy one...

Theres one driver at our center that gets a brand new truck every few years. His last truck was a 2015 GMC denali and it was over 70k!!! Such a waste of money

rod

Retired 22 years
I agree. As long as you have a dependable vehicle that can get you around, then you dont need a new fancy one...

Theres one driver at our center that gets a brand new truck every few years. His last truck was a 2015 GMC denali and it was over 70k!!! Such a waste of money

I actually have nothing against someone buying a new vehicle--if they can truly afford it but too many do it just to keep up with the Joneses. And I agree new trucks are outrageous---I know---- I've been pricing them out. I pull a decent size toy hauler camper and have been looking to upgrade to a 3/4 ton.