its finally over

#1angelfan

our heaviest day was thursday with over 110,000 pieces scanned.we got a ton of air friday. we are forcasted at 86,000 monday. wednesday forcasted 27,000. hope everyone has a Merry Christmas.:happy2:

disneyworld

Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor ? JB

I remember some nightmare weeks after peak ended. Everyone got layed off, rentals dissapeared, and routes were combined until volume started picking up again. And I'd actual had to walk to the front door of my residentials...God did I miss my helper. I admit, I get spoiled easy...

under the radar

A Trained Professional
The last two weeks were the worst I've experienced at peak in the last ten years or so. Our center manager told me he is being micromanaged from above (told how many loads/helpers to use etc.). He is a straight shooter and not one to make excuses so I know he was being on the up and up. I wish they would trust their people and then hold them accountable if they don't get the job done.

Johney

The last two weeks were the worst I've experienced at peak in the last ten years or so. Our center manager told me he is being micromanaged from above (told how many loads/helpers to use etc.). He is a straight shooter and not one to make excuses so I know he was being on the up and up. I wish they would trust their people and then hold them accountable if they don't get the job done.
Unfortunetly they get micromanaged and still get reamed when it doesn't go right:disgusted:.

over9five

Staff member
It's over for me. Don't have to work tomorrow. I'm thinking of going to package and volunteering..........

.........................NOT!

old levi's

blank space

General Patton said--- Don't tell someone how to do something; tell them what you want done. They will amaze you with their creativity.

W

westsideworma

General Patton said--- Don't tell someone how to do something; tell them what you want done. They will amaze you with their creativity.

well said, I find when I run my area my way things get done and people aren't ready to kill each other (and more willing to help each other as a result haha). At the very least they don't want to kill our manager haha. Oh well, I'm taking all my guys out to breakfast tomorrow to celebrate a PEAK well done, great work everyone, we made it through another year :happy2:

W

westsideworma

It's over for me. Don't have to work tomorrow. I'm thinking of going to package and volunteering..........

.........................NOT!

I could use an extra loader on my line 9/5 :devil3:

least you'd come on a good day, I'm taking them out to breakfast

W

westsideworma

"...I'm taking them out to breakfast"

You are the best! Where ya goin, Flynns? (Haha, j/k. I stopped there today)

actually the place across the street (diannas) they have really good food (and its close haha). I was told by a couple of my more senior loaders that supes used to take them all there after peak. I figured they're not going to get much recognition anywhere else, so I'll treat them. They went all out for me, its the least I can do.

W

westsideworma

Dude,we previously pointed out you have no hope of advancement managing in this manor. Now your pushing to be on unemployment by New Years. But i do think your a nice guy,that and $5 will get you a frapachino.

LOL I'm using them for school (at this point), if I don't advance then so be it...besides, 80 hr work weeks on 40 hours salary arent too enticing :smart:

Least thats what I hear from FTimers anyway haha

However I haven't been to brainwashing school (hub school) yet, so we'll see there may be hope for advancement yet lol

upsgrunt

I just want to say "nice touch" Westside! It's the little things like what you are going to do that mean the most to me. Call me a sucker, but a meal or a t-shirt goes pretty far with me. At the risk of beating it into the ground, just to be thought of in a favorable way and then being let known that is a great thing! I'd like to work for you.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
well said, I find when I run my area my way things get done and people aren't ready to kill each other (and more willing to help each other as a result haha). At the very least they don't want to kill our manager haha. Oh well, I'm taking all my guys out to breakfast tomorrow to celebrate a PEAK well done, great work everyone, we made it through another year :happy2:
West..........we'd love to have you move to az.!!!!!!!!!!!!:smart: