its just a job........

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
i chuckled as well. not because he died either. although i really had a hard time dealing with the feelings i did have.

as for the light, thanks!

just back in the cooking mode again. and the surgery on the knee again did cloud things a bit. will get off the pain meads tomorrow when i pull the pain pump out of the knee.

pretty cool actually if you have never seen one done. almost 2 feet of really thin hose inside your knee that you just keep pulling and pulling.........

anyway, back to cooking. two more turkeys, four pot roasts, a pot of red cabbage like mom used to make, not to mention green bean casserole and fruit salad. feeding a planed 100+ tomorrow night at the church. it seems we have adopted the girls at the womens shelter.

shame at this time of the year to see the suffering so many are going through. maybe i can spread some christmas cheer.........

d

That is very noble of you, d. My wife skipped my last race, on Thanksgiving day, to feed the homeless. She came home happy to have done so. She dragged my grumpy 19 year old out of bed and she also said it was well worth losing sleep.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
That is very noble of you, d

to the contrary.

but by the grace of God, there go i.

heard it from the people at the salvation army. in years past, many people have given over and over again. each year. some of those very same people are now on the other end, and are needing help instead of giving.

i find that in giving, you get more of a blessing than you can ever hope. giving not only in money, which so many can do. but of yourself.

kinda like tooner with her buddy. the more you reach out, the more you get this feeling........well its hard to put into words. when you reach out past self, you really begin to live.

d

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
Back on topic - and not necessarily UPS...

If your position, pay, rewards, and status are based strictly on the time served and mandated in a little book, and not on performance, it is a job. Or prison.

Last edited:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Back on topic - and not necessarily UPS...

If your position, pay, rewards, and status are based strictly on the time served and mandated in a little book, and not on performance, it is a job. Or prison.

However, if your pay, rewards and status are based strictly upon your ability to kiss ass, manipulate statistics and people, and excel at office politics....it is a management job. Or prison.