Its Monday morning....

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
A buddy of mine always takes six weeks off in a row right around this time to do Sturgis. He says by the time he's finished his vaca, he's ready and refreshed to do the UPS thing again. I guess it's good for some and not so much for others.

DS

Fenderbender
If you find the time,please write a short story.
You choose the topic.I love the way you write.
Either way, story or not,relax man,you deserve it.

Johney

Enjoy! I have never taken more than a week at a time, but let me ask this, do they pay all three weeks in one check? If so do you get jacked in taxes?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I only get 5 days but take them all one Monday at a time.

Has any tried doing that with 2 or 3 weeks worth of vacation days? Will they even let you? 3-4 months of three day weekends sounds pretty sweet.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I never did understand why people do more than 1 week at a time unless its like a business thing or like a trip you know. Me personally my rule of thumb is after like 12 to 16 weeks you start getting burned out and are ready for a week off. Thats just me personally, does anyone else feel this is a good rule of thumb after the 12 to 16 weeks?

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I'm jealous. I couldn't get a single week in the summer months this year, nevermind multiple ones. For the first time in my life my family is away on vacation at the cottage we rent every summer right now without me while I'm working and coming home to an empty house. I know the people with seniority have earned it and I have to put in my time but we have guys with over a decade in who can't get a summer week because of the way we select vacations.

S

serenity now

I never did understand why people do more than 1 week at a time unless its like a business thing or like a trip you know. Me personally my rule of thumb is after like 12 to 16 weeks you start getting burned out and are ready for a week off. Thats just me personally, does anyone else feel this is a good rule of thumb after the 12 to 16 weeks?

I take two weeks together in August just to get out of the heat.

I do the same thing you do. I like to spread out my vacations. I think the guys who take multiple weeks off in a row are a lot more senior than me and get lots of time off during the rest of the year anyway. We had one guy in our center who would take the entire month of August off every year. As the number two man in seniority, he never had trouble getting time off during the rest of the year.

S

serenity now

Enjoy! I have never taken more than a week at a time, but let me ask this, do they pay all three weeks in one check? If so do you get jacked in taxes?

No, you get multiple checks 2 paydays in advance of your 1st vacation week.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
1st time in 13 years i couldnt get a week off either in the summer. Thats freakin bs dude. Bad enough i couldnt get a week off and cant even get a day off on mon when they bust out my route. Ive bout had enough of their bs game of not having enough people. They need to bring the temp drivers in on mon to work. were so short, today we had 4 or 5 callouts and the driver supes had to run routes.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
How do you take 5 in a row? We can only take so many summer weeks, the rest we have to take in the winter.