It's OFFICIAL...He got his job back!!!

Braveheart

Ms Spoken-
excellent advice!
Most management have real short attention spans and will move on to something/someone else if they don't get their "fix" from this driver.

I would also suggest this driver keep a logbook at home with dates, times, witnesses and what was said by whom. It may prove worthwhile further down the road.
Great advice about log book. Those who keep dates, times, witnesses and harassment usually win lawsuits!!!!!

Braveheart

Sorry - I don't agree with you on the marriage thing. If you have a strong marriage it will pass all tests. People who's marriages fail look to find blame somewhere. Look to yourself.

Marriage is your responsibility and your spouse's responsibility - PERIOD!
Sorry to disagree with you but the numbers are telling. If UPS is not the cause it is definitely a major part of the problem. I know at least 12-15 guys that are divorced and they all said their wives were fed up with the UPS BS. Sure there were other issues, but the unfexable, stressful, NO transfer rules, and late nights were all factors.

rod

Retired 22 years
On Friday's I hand paycheck to wife. The later I work, the bigger the paycheck I hand to wife. She seems OK with the system. BM

I used to cash the check on route and then give my wife a wad of cash that evening when I got home. She liked that -(plus I got to keep what I needed for myself). At the beginning of my career she would meet me for breakfast on fridays and I would give her the check. Then her own mother chewed her out and said "let your husband cash his own check- he worked hard for that money and he should to be able to enjoy it for at least a day." I've always liked my mother-in-law.:happy2:

trickpony1

Tell your husband this is a common tactic used by the company.
Management will "tag team" your husband with passive aggressive, antagonistic, subtle harassment until he "loses his cool", "flies off the hook", "goes off" and punches the perpetrators out of frustration.
As another poster described, management will "push your husbands buttons" until he takes a swing at one of them. Then it's all over.
I've seen this occur to two PC drivers. They are no longer employed.
They tried it on me but I just stood there smiling and acting stupid. I guess feeder drivers aren't strung as tight as PC drivers.
Tell hubby to really try to avoid being in a room alone with one or more management people because it will be their word against his and we all know management doesn't lie :laughing:

UPS Lifer

Sorry to disagree with you but the numbers are telling. If UPS is not the cause it is definitely a major part of the problem. I know at least 12-15 guys that are divorced and they all said their wives were fed up with the UPS BS. Sure there were other issues, but the unfexable, stressful, NO transfer rules, and late nights were all factors.

I can only speak for myself.... If my marriage was suffering to the point of divorce because of UPS, I would have changed my work to save my marriage. I would do everything in my power to keep my marriage together. It is easy to put blame on someone or something else. My marriage is 36 years strong because it is the priority in my life. ... if it (God forbid) fails at some future point, I have only myself and my wife to hold accountable for the dissolution.

Take responsibility!!!

This is like the lady who sued McDonalds because the coffee was to hot and it scolded her when she spilled it on herself. She blamed McDonalds not her own stupidity!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I can only speak for myself.... If my marriage was suffering to the point of divorce because of UPS, I would have changed my work to save my marriage. I would do everything in my power to keep my marriage together. It is easy to put blame on someone or something else. My marriage is 36 years strong because it is the priority in my life. ... if it (God forbid) fails at some future point, I have only myself and my wife to hold accountable for the dissolution.

Take responsibility!!!

This is like the lady who sued McDonalds because the coffee was to hot and it scolded her when she spilled it on herself. She blamed McDonalds not her own stupidity!
https://web.archive.org/web/20100523132229/http://lawandhelp.com/q298-2.htm
Lifer pls read the above before judging the women who stupidly burned herself. There was alot more to the lawsuit than what meets the eye.

I agree with you on the marriage thing. It is much easier to blame than to accept responsibility.

UPS Lifer

Again - Look to who is responsible for making the marriage work. The two people in it.

Apparently those 12-15 folks were not willing to put their marriage before UPS. They can tell you different, but the fact remains that they cut ties with their wife before cutting ties with UPS.

Granted UPS, money, infidelity, laziness, drugs, alcohol, etc., etc. are all strains on a marriage. But it takes two to decide what is the most important thing in your life. If you say your marriage then you must work on the things that are causing those strains.

If UPS was ruining my marriage, I would leave UPS to save my marriage. ...
end of story!

Saying anything else is a cope out!

It is much easier to blame something or someone else rather than taking the responsibility to take the effort to solve the problem.

If you actually take the time to put your marriage and family first than you will probably be successful. But remember it always takes two people to make this happen.

If either the husband or wife don't want to be married anymore than nothing will fix the marriage ... and again pointing fingers is much easier than looking inwardly at yourself.

Marriage is harder work than UPS - I really believe that! I have 35 plus years doing both! LOL!

UPS Lifer

https://web.archive.org/web/20100523132229/http://lawandhelp.com/q298-2.htm
Lifer pls read the above before judging the women who stupidly burned herself. There was alot more to the lawsuit than what meets the eye.

I agree with you on the marriage thing. It is much easier to blame than to accept responsibility.

Thanks for sharing the additional info on the Mickey D Coffee lawsuit. It is not as cut and dry as I made it sound. McDonalds has a responsibility to lower the temp of the coffee to keep from scalding anyone who spills it.