It's peak what time did you punch out???

7:02 last night. I hate to say it but it looks like my center manager is going to be the master of peak for the forth year in a row. Some just don't get it but this guy gets it every year.

AKCoverMan

Well first full week after Thanksgiving in the books.. I came in at 59.98 hours. Our center missed like 500 pcs on Thursday sounds like Friday was worse.. this weekend we are getting a bit of a mid winter thaw with wind and freezing rain so roads will be a complete mess on Monday. Seems like The Plan has been built based on woefully low estimates of the volume that we would be seeing. Read a lot of news items talking about how all the big online sellers were having 20 to 50 pct gains year over year and all of that has to go to us, brand X, or the PO.

tranham

Worked 59+ hours last week. We had many driver bring back boxes everyday, hundreds of missed packages. Some customers have not had a delivery in 4 days. All on road sups are running routes. They ran out of feeder drivers one day and started using tow trucks to move loads across the state!

Even on peak day in all the years past I have never seen missed packages. IMO UPS has really dropped the ball here, During the summer they could not even cover vacations because of driver shortages. We needed 9 more drivers for our center last week just to break even. They are not getting rental trucks, no drivers to use them. The aisles are not filled with package cars being loaded with rollers from the boxlines as in past years. There are empty spaces in between the trucks. They just cram our trucks full and shuttle the rest. Shame on UPS for not planning ahead and making the customer suffer.

They moved our start time to 9AM on Monday. Preload can't get down and we have left the building as late as 9:25. Nothing like beating on peoples door past 9PM!

But thanks for the XMAS bonuses!!!!

Robert

Last edited:

9.5 everyday

on 11/30/11, clocked in at 8:40,..... clocked out at 21:30.... sup came and took 40. Still had missed pcs. What happened to not working past 9.5 with helper!!!!! 11 hrs OT first week of peak. $$$

tranham

One other item. I pulled the SLAP label off a couple of my missed packages on Friday. We are not allowed to sheet them as missed anymore, they scan them at the hub. Checked the tracking number and got this:

Nashville, TN, United States 12/02/2011 9:28 P.M. Pkg delay-add'l security check by gov't or other agency- beyond UPS control.
12/02/2011 6:26 A.M. Out For Delivery
12/02/2011 3:06 A.M. Arrival Scan
Knoxville, TN, United States 12/01/2011 9:54 P.M. Departure Scan
12/01/2011 7:41 P.M. Origin Scan
United States 12/01/2011 4:06 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

"Pkg delay-add'l security check by gov't or other agency- beyond UPS control." Don't want the customer to be able to get a refund??? I thought integrity was something UPS prided itself on.

kingOFchester

One other item. I pulled the SLAP label off a couple of my missed packages on Friday. We are not allowed to sheet them as missed anymore, they scan them at the hub. Checked the tracking number and got this:

Nashville, TN, United States 12/02/2011 9:28 P.M. Pkg delay-add'l security check by gov't or other agency- beyond UPS control.

"Pkg delay-add'l security check by gov't or other agency- beyond UPS control." Don't want the customer to be able to get a refund??? I thought integrity was something UPS prided itself on.
If you truly care, call the 800 line and report it.

Last Monday we rolled over 400 stops in our center and of course that lead to a snowball effect for the rest of the week. Monday thru Thursday we had a 8:00 pm curfew,but not one on Friday. Guess that's their plan. But not sure exactly how they're sheeting the packages. Either way,it's money in our pockets so that works for me.

union4life

We had a few drivers running out of hours. I ran out on Friday at 21:00. We haven't had sups running packages yet but our preload operation is in a "feeding frenzy" busy filing grievances on their part-time sups working.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
You know its peak when you clock out at 7:45 at night and feel sorta guilty because everyone else in your loop is still out delivering.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

UPS does not pride itself on integrity, UPS prides itself on screwing both its customers and its employees out of as much money as possble in order to benefit its shareholders.

You need to call the 1-800 number. You also need to file an Article 37 grievance. You are being instructed to falsify delivery records, which is a form of coercion, which is a contract violation. Even if the grievance doesnt ultimately prevail, it will have the effect of exposing what your management is doing. Not only are our customers being defrauded out of the refunds that they are entitled to, but the absence of "missed" packages on the report enables your area management to pretend that the "plan" is working....which means that the same thing will happen again next year. The "plan" must be exposed for the failure that it is, which wont happen as long as your management continues hiding the truth.