Its really HOT.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
True,
There is a neighborhood in Lakeland, FL that is famous for "ups man attacks."
There is a stop sign that has houses on all 4 sides and in the summer the kids lie in wait for the ups truck. When it gets there, it is a 4 way water hose attack on the truck. Some drivers now carry water guns to shoot back!

I would retaliate with an cache of water balloons!!

mis_load

No lie, its been the hottest this year, I thought after Katrina it was hot. But this year is worst. One thing that I have found that helps, in your drug stores they sell Flordia water. Mix it with ice water and it will cool you down, be careful, it can cool quitckly. Try putting the towel around the base of your neck to help cool you off. And just think our hottest time has yet to come, August and September, already over 100 and heat index up to 115 and 120. Hope this helps

satellitedriver

Don`t we get a variation of this topic about once every couple weeks!! :sad:
How about this variation.
When people ask you,"Is it hot enough for ya?".
Say," No, let's kick it up another 10 degrees and weed out the wimps.".
When a customer looks at you and say's,"You look hot."
Say, "Thanks, you are looking pretty hot yourself."
This has been one of the coolest summers in Texas in my UPS career. 90 to 95 degrees and only 85% humidity. It hasn't hit 100 yet and that is uncommon. It also has rained here for the last two months.
PAX

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
This has been one of the coolest summers in Texas in my UPS career. 90 to 95 degrees and only 85% humidity. It hasn't hit 100 yet and that is uncommon. It also has rained here for the last two months.
PAX

Have ya exported the heat to other parts of the country, Satellite? lol. Denver is hovering around the 100 mark for tomorrow, I think.

I was in Texas in late April, right before this wave of rain started. Must be nice to see some serious green shrubbery! -Rocky

bugman74

I guess I should not complain too much, but I drive a 24 footer and I deliver to a mall that hangs over the beach. I park my convection oven right on the beach and go in and all day long. I wish it had two doors to get some air through while I sort. The lovely ladies in the mall always offer me water, so its not all bad.

diadlover

What's with all the complaining? The summer is great cuz it gives you a chance to work on your "UPS man tan":

tan.jpg

area43

As we all know, the standards go out the door when a winter storm hits in January. What I suggest to UPS is that they adjust the standards for the heat. It makes sense folks. Its like a race car. When temps are cooler the engine runs faster.( by the way upsdude, nice pic of that racing engine). Anyhow, I believe it's the same with the human body. I run for exercise on the weekends( I am careful). I 've notice my times are faster when its cooler, than when it is hot. ( :

Sammie

Cute picture. I love the summer time because the women wear close to nothing!!

Better than that, Go To Work Naked!

Besides solving the problem of keeping cool, you could also kill
a few other birds with a single stone -

Your boss is always yelling, "I wanna see your @ss in here by 8:00!"

"I'd love to chip in, but I left my wallet in my pants."

Stop those creepy sups and mgrs from looking down your shirt.

You want to see if it's anything like The Dream.

With a little help from your radio, you could add "Exotic Dancer" to your resume.

People won't steal your pens after they've seen where you keep them.

No one would steal your chair (or your package car or your tractor...)

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Better than that, Go To Work Naked!

Besides solving the problem of keeping cool, you could also kill
a few other birds with a single stone -

Your boss is always yelling, "I wanna see your @ss in here by 8:00!"

"I'd love to chip in, but I left my wallet in my pants."

Stop those creepy sups and mgrs from looking down your shirt.

You want to see if it's anything like The Dream.

With a little help from your radio, you could add "Exotic Dancer" to your resume.

People won't steal your pens after they've seen where you keep them.

No one would steal your chair (or your package car or your tractor...)
I vote for you!!!

In some cases we might get more help, get in sooner, and be less hot.
In other cases people may lock their doors. And bring back a truck full. I think tank tops at least would help.
I dont care if they look down my shirt, use it or lose it. And running in and out of AC, would definetely help:lol: