it's that time of year

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by underworked1, Feb 19, 2016.

1. underworked1

underworked1 Active Member

Just like peak comes every year we have Jan - March when they will follow everyone around and fire as many as they can to set an example. I've heard of a few being fired this week. Follow the methods.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  2. joeboodog

joeboodog good people drink good beer

After peak it's nitpick season and the return of the flavor of the week.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

The terminations that we have had thus far this year have all been justified.
  4. Billy Ray

Billy Ray God, help us all.....

Only 7 weeks into the year at a small center....

How many terminations have there been?
  5. UpstateNYUPSer

3. 1 guy tore up a yard and didn't call it in. He came back after spending a week or so at home. The other 2 were alcohol related (off duty) and it will be a while before either one of them comes back.
  6. jaker

jaker trolling

The first guy I can see , how do you get fired for alcohol when you are of the clock
  7. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Eva Mendez Has A Nice (_!_)

Fired for what exactly? There are a buttload of methods. We can't follow them all 100%. We aren't robots. They have to prove blatant and continuous disregard for methods. Nitpicking isn't going to cut it.
  8. RonBurgandy??????????

RonBurgandy?????????? God is Great, beer is good , People are crazy.

DUI, dwi
  9. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. upschuck

upschuck Well-Known Member

They have learned not to nitpick me, because I will over exaggerate everything they nitpick about.
  11. Really?
  12. upschuck

only 2 times in my UPS career.
  13. UpstateNYUPSer

14. upschuck

You don't get fired for DWI, here. You work inside for a set amount of time, then return to driving.
  15. UpstateNYUPSer

That is for the first one. Both of the drivers were fired for their second one.
  16. Grey

Grey Active Member

The only term I've heard about here was a guy that had alcohol on his breath when he came in the morning. I don't know why you'd even think about coming in under the influence (or even a few hours removed from drinking)... Yeesh.
  17. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

We've had guys on their second but when brought back they have to agree to random piss test. Most of them don't make it past a few randoms.
  18. RonBurgandy??????????

RonBurgandy?????????? God is Great, beer is good , People are crazy.

Depends if u already had one previously and signed the "last chance agreement ".....
  19. rod

rod retired and happy

I'm sure after some of our "Thirsty Thursday" nights out 3/4 of our center could have been fired the next morning if they had given a breath test----that goes for our management too. (I know----it's not like that anymore)
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  20. olroadbeech

olroadbeech Happy Verified UPSer

price of being owned.