Its time to get rid of the bone-us

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
At my age I am no runner-gunner. Make between 5 and 8 hours bonus a week on my rural route and I always take my full lunch and breaks. Drivers that run my route blind while I am on vacation, make me look bad, typically making 10+ hours a week bonus. The route I had before this one I was typically 1 to 1 1/2 hours over allowed on a daily basis. That amounts to about a three hour swing in allowances in adjacent areas. How they measure productivity is any ones guess on this forum but the difference between the two areas I have had in the last six years is glaring.
I'll take their bonus as long as they are willing to pay it to me, working safely and following their methods.

P.S. One of my proposals at the last union meeting was to get rid of Article 19 Section 10 of the Central States Supplement which would abolish the bonus plan in my local.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
At my age I am no runner-gunner. Make between 5 and 8 hours bonus a week on my rural route and I always take my full lunch and breaks. Drivers that run my route blind while I am on vacation, make me look bad, typically making 10+ hours a week bonus. The route I had before this one I was typically 1 to 1 1/2 hours over allowed on a daily basis. That amounts to about a three hour swing in allowances in adjacent areas. How they measure productivity is any ones guess on this forum but the difference between the two areas I have had in the last six years is glaring.
I'll take their bonus as long as they are willing to pay it to me, working safely and following their methods.

P.S. One of my proposals at the last union meeting was to get rid of Article 19 Section 10 of the Central States Supplement which would abolish the bonus plan in my local.

We used to have a few routes like that but no more, we had a round of time studies about 6-7 years ago that put an end to all our big bonus routes. I hope they leave yours alone and let you ride that gravy train all the way out the door.

jaker

trolling
So because you get a bonus makes you a runner that bull crap

I work 37 hours make about 250 bonus a week , I don't run , I don't park on the wrong side of the street and I used the methods

What I don't do is talk to everybody I see and I skip my lunch , now this might be different because I am a satellite hub so are time is coded different , but even when I come back to hub for Christmas I still make because of the miles

So I will take it as long as they are giving it

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Yawn. I made 6 plus hours bonus last week. 300 in my pocket. Bonus has made me a rich man and not once did I run and gun. To each his own. I've always been a fast worker, long before I came to UPS.

Correction; the company saw fit to give you bonus, you didnt "make" it.

Consider yourself fortunate that you have a route where "bonus" is even possible without committing gross safety/methods violations or working off of the clock in the first place. Few drivers have this luxury, and you may very well show up to work one day and find that your ability to make "bonus" has vanished. I for one would never want to develop a sense of entitlement around a "bonus" that could arbitrarily and instantly be taken away with nothing more than a few keystokes on a computer by an IE person from another time zone.

article22

Banned

I work 37 hours make about 250 bonus a week , I don't run , I don't park on the wrong side of the street and I used the methods

What I don't do is talk to everybody I see and I skip my lunch , now this might be different because I am a satellite hub so are time is coded different , but even when I come back to hub for Christmas I still make because of the miles

well u my friend are just that model employee that UPS loves!! Why dont u just put your letter in?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

Just dont get used to it. You arent entitled to it, and they can (and will) take it away from you any time they want to.

jaker

trolling
well u my friend are just that model employee that UPS loves!! Why dont u just put your letter in?
I am no model employee at all , I am known for being a a-hole and b!tching when I get over dispatch , I call out sick a lot

If you would have the whole post i said its has to to with being in a satilitte hub and my family is more important then ups , so I go to work get done and go home to my family I don't want to spend anymore time working then I feel the need

If that is how you think a mangment person should be then well sign me up

stink219

As far as time studies, we are being graded on a system that we know nothing about. The allowances can and are manipulated, we have proven that. The only bonus I care about is my time bonus. For all you runners, that's when you work over 10 hours in one day. Show some respect for your union. Some drivers are such p@ssies these days. Makes me sick. Sorting off the clock and working through your lunch? Are you friend'n kidding me. You guys should have your union card revoked.

jaker

trolling
As far as time studies, we are being graded on a system that we know nothing about. The allowances can and are manipulated, we have proven that. The only bonus I care about is my time bonus. For all you runners, that's when you work over 10 hours in one day. Show some respect for your union. Some drivers are such p@ssies these days. Makes me sick. Sorting off the clock and working through your lunch? Are you friend'n kidding me. You guys should have your union card revoked.

Why are you putting the runners are the guys who bonus , where does that come from just because you are a runner does not make you a bonus guy

A bonus route is just that route
i start my day at 9 and for the most part off by 4:15 , so what's wrong with that I am home more able to spend time with my family more and sometime have a life outside of the company during the week

In some people lives family comes first

stink219

Well in my building, we work from 830am to 930pm. Everyone was just about scratch at one point. And by the push of a few buttons, they changed the time allowances for every commercial building. Everyone in one day became paid over. Fair? And don't mistake what I'm saying. There is a difference between a runner and a fast worker. A runner works of the clock to hinder his union brothers from being treated all equal. As far as family first, I made over 90k last year without a scratch bonus. Family does come first for me also. Your interpretation of it may be different then mine. Yours is time spent with, mine maybe financially driver. Cliffnote version, runners are :censored2:s!!!

article22

Banned
My last year i also made 90 without a penny bone-us!!
In my center over 80% of the drivers are "runners" there are a couple types
#1 the weasel who sneaks into the building at 630 am a half hour before the sups
his common quote is "it makes my day go smooth if i set up my trip stop for stop"
#2 the liar who tells all the other drivers that he takes his lunch... Yet you do a trip accross the street from his and you never in 10 years saw him stop the truck to eat!!
#3 the idiot "golden boy" who does 400 stops at xmas time and pounds his chest when he comes back to the building and brags about it at the next morning pcm!! (yet this driver is bff with the dispatch sup and picks and chooses what streets he will take... Leaving apartments and cods for the other driver)
i got smart and took an article 22 job
only do 40 hours and go home
there is so much more to life than ups and package car driving
only problem i have with the new job is i have to join a gym because i dont do much work at brown!!!
Keep running you 80%

Coldworld

60 months and counting

This is the whole problem...right here two different routes in the general same area having.g that much difference in time. Im sure the driver was using the same methods at the same speed..so why the difference.

Johney

My last year i also made 90 without a penny bone-us!!
In my center over 80% of the drivers are "runners" there are a couple types
#1 the weasel who sneaks into the building at 630 am a half hour before the sups
his common quote is "it makes my day go smooth if i set up my trip stop for stop"
#2 the liar who tells all the other drivers that he takes his lunch... Yet you do a trip accross the street from his and you never in 10 years saw him stop the truck to eat!!
#3 the idiot "golden boy" who does 400 stops at xmas time and pounds his chest when he comes back to the building and brags about it at the next morning pcm!! (yet this driver is bff with the dispatch sup and picks and chooses what streets he will take... Leaving apartments and cods for the other driver)
i got smart and took an article 22 job
only do 40 hours and go home
there is so much more to life than ups and package car driving
only problem i have with the new job is i have to join a gym because i dont do much work at brown!!!
Keep running you 80%
Sorry I gotta ask, How the hell did you only work 40 hours a week on a 22.3 job and make 90 grand?

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
We used to have a few routes like that but no more, we had a round of time studies about 6-7 years ago that put an end to all our big bonus routes. I hope they leave yours alone and let you ride that gravy train all the way out the door.
Had a virtual time study about 1 1/2 years ago. Assumed they would take some allowance off at that time because it was easy to run about an hour bonus a day. To my surprise they added about 20 minutes a day. Go figure. I realize that they can take the bonus away at any time of their choosing but as long as they are going to pay it I'm putting it away into a retirement fund.