Its UPSPAC time PARTNERS!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
There really ought to be a white-collar union for low and mid-level management, or at the very least some sort of professional organization that would allow all of you to speak to Atlanta with a united voice. Working conditions for all UPS'ers would improve if we could adopt a management culture of innovation and empowerment versus a paranoid, metrics-obsessed culture of fear and blind obedience.

Puppets make lousy managers. So do lemmings.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Imagine if 10,000 "partners" all signed a petition pledging to donate the same percentage of their salaries to UPSPAC and United Way that our CEO does. Or, to tie the level of contributions directly to the increase or decrease in MIP bonuses paid out. Maybe you guys could take out an ad to that effect in the Wall Street Journal to in order to put a little public pressure on Atlanta to make some changes in how the "partners" are rewarded for their efforts. Just a thought.....

beentheredonethat

Imagine if 10,000 "partners" all signed a petition pledging to donate the same percentage of their salaries to UPSPAC and United Way that our CEO does. Or, to tie the level of contributions directly to the increase or decrease in MIP bonuses paid out. Maybe you guys could take out an ad to that effect in the Wall Street Journal to in order to put a little public pressure on Atlanta to make some changes in how the "partners" are rewarded for their efforts. Just a thought.....

Although parts of me like the idea. So long as UPS continues to make profits, Wall street is fine (and probably even happy) if the company can pay us less and therefore have higher profits. Their attitude (and maybe rightly so) is that the less we pay, the more profits UPS can make. In the short term they are absolutely right. In the long term, I think there is a lot of problems with that thought.

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
We have this idea that we're giving to UPSPAC and put to work by UPS employees. Are they really? For example, according to opensecrets.org UPSPAC is the largest contributor to the 13th Colony Leadership PAC, a Republican PAC that receives no material contributions from individual donors. They get their contributions from a broad group of business donors. Much UPSPAC money is handed to other PACs. Some of their $ are in turn given to other PACs. Is it possible to monitor the spending of all the PACs that are getting our money?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Sounds like an extraordinary project for someone with a lot of time on their hands and doesn't mind being broke for a few years. A genius with endless supply of mountain Dew and doritos. Accountability and transparency does not seem to be something that is promoted, at least within the political sector of the business community.

What do I know, someone could probably just pull up a link on google for it. lol

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
Sounds like an extraordinary project for someone with a lot of time on their hands and doesn't mind being broke for a few years. A genius with endless supply of mountain Dew and doritos. Accountability and transparency does not seem to be something that is promoted, at least within the political sector of the business community.

What do I know, someone could probably just pull up a link on google for it. lol
Agreed. open secrets.org summarizes the FEC data but makes no conclusions about how the dollars are spent. That needs to be done by said person with much time and Mountain Dew.

There really ought to be a white-collar union for low and mid-level management, or at the very least some sort of professional organization that would allow all of you to speak to Atlanta with a united voice. Working conditions for all UPS'ers would improve if we could adopt a management culture of innovation and empowerment versus a paranoid, metrics-obsessed culture of fear and blind obedience.

Puppets make lousy managers. So do lemmings.
I think it is only a matter of time....though I would claim that we are kind of in a catch-22. Want to do right for the company, but there is only so much a person can put up with. I think there are many people above my pay grade that have forgotten that lower level management are employees also....tough to have blind faith in our "leaders" when we continue to get :censored2: on more and more everyday. Hell, I want to be able to embrace ORION, but we implemented it before all the kinks were worked out. I still think it is a good thing, but would be better able to sell it if I knew the total # of pkgs at each stop... not just air and have to return later for ground. Just one little thing, but I do see the day when there will be some type of group (union) that will represent sups and perhaps managers.

Yankfan

I think it is only a matter of time....though I would claim that we are kind of in a catch-22. Want to do right for the company, but there is only so much a person can put up with. I think there are many people above my pay grade that have forgotten that lower level management are employees also....tough to have blind faith in our "leaders" when we continue to get :censored2: on more and more everyday. Hell, I want to be able to embrace ORION, but we implemented it before all the kinks were worked out. I still think it is a good thing, but would be better able to sell it if I knew the total # of pkgs at each stop... not just air and have to return later for ground. Just one little thing, but I do see the day when there will be some type of group (union) that will represent sups and perhaps managers.

I think the majority of low/mid level manangement would seriously think about it if presented with the option. Maybe it should be a question on the employee engagement survey

Black_6_Leader

The UPSPAC files with the Federal Elections Commission .... go here http://www.fec.gov/finance/disclosure/candcmte_info.shtml?tabIndex=1 their file is C00064766... You learn all the goodies, like that David Abney gives $208 dollars a month in 2014 and that Scott Davis, well his first name isn't Scott, its really Darrell and that his last contribution to UPSPAC was $2225 back on 08-26-2013.... any questions? Oh by the way all contributions of more than $250 in a year have to be recorded by the FEC. And that if you look at the whole contribution pie, from 01-01-2013 to 06-30-2014, $587,667 came from folks giving amounts above the reporting limit (called Itemized Individual Contributions) , and $2,380,778 came from the little folks (Unitemized Individual Contributions).

And by the way you can search for ANYONE in the FEC web site... If they gave more than $250 in a year to a single campaign for Federal office or PAC, its there.

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
The UPSPAC files with the Federal Elections Commission .... go here http://www.fec.gov/finance/disclosure/candcmte_info.shtml?tabIndex=1 their file is C00064766... You learn all the goodies, like that David Abney gives $208 dollars a month in 2014 and that Scott Davis, well his first name isn't Scott, its really Darrell and that his last contribution to UPSPAC was $2225 back on 08-26-2013.... any questions? Oh by the way all contributions of more than $250 in a year have to be recorded by the FEC. And that if you look at the whole contribution pie, from 01-01-2013 to 06-30-2014, $587,667 came from folks giving amounts above the reporting limit (called Itemized Individual Contributions) , and $2,380,778 came from the little folks (Unitemized Individual Contributions).

And by the way you can search for ANYONE in the FEC web site... If they gave more than $250 in a year to a single campaign for Federal office or PAC, its there.
So if I give $250 to UPSPAC and then UPSPAC gives it to another PAC and then that PAC gives to ... and they all have administrative expenses. How do I know who ultimately received my money, and what accountability is there? Do we have control of it when it goes to other PACs? FEC reporting isn't enough to follow my contribution to it's final resting place.