I've Been Working on the Railroad

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Think about it. The Railway Labor Act dates from 1934, when there was no such thing as "Express Carriers" or nationwide overnight delivery. Scheduled airlines were in their infancy, and most people traveled long-distance by train or bus. Packages and mail moved mostly by train, and there was a company called Railway Express Agency, which delivered packages that didn't go via the USPS.

What does a law from 1934, that dealt with Railroads and the REA have to do with FedEx? NOTHING, except that it provides a loophole for Fred S. FedEx was still 40 years in th future when this law was enacted. Applying it to FedEx operations is a true reach, but it hasn't stopped Smith. The "Express Carrier" exemption is especially problematic, because the only express carrier in 1934 was REA, and their service was dependent on trains, not airplanes.

How does Fred get away with it? By the way, somewhere in your station there is a copy of the RLA posted on the wall under glass. Read it sometime, and get back to me here.

Rainman

Its all good.
Think about it. The Railway Labor Act dates from 1934, when there was no such thing as "Express Carriers" or nationwide overnight delivery. Scheduled airlines were in their infancy, and most people traveled long-distance by train or bus. Packages and mail moved mostly by train, and there was a company called Railway Express Agency, which delivered packages that didn't go via the USPS.

What does a law from 1934, that dealt with Railroads and the REA have to do with FedEx? NOTHING, except that it provides a loophole for Fred S. FedEx was still 40 years in th future when this law was enacted. Applying it to FedEx operations is a true reach, but it hasn't stopped Smith. The "Express Carrier" exemption is especially problematic, because the only express carrier in 1934 was REA, and their service was dependent on trains, not airplanes.

How does Fred get away with it? By the way, somewhere in your station there is a copy of the RLA posted on the wall under glass. Read it sometime, and get back to me here.
Glad to see this. Too many people are afraid of speaking up. Thanks.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Rainman

Its all good.
It's easy while remaining anonymous.
If they want to find out who we are bad enough, they will. Especially for the people who post often. People with money will find a way. And brown and purple have plenty of money.

Sent using BrownCafe App

FedExRookie

It's easy while remaining anonymous.

Let me see some video of MFE outside his station/ramp/hub or corporate advocating for all these changes he wants.

Won't happen. This forum is good to talk, to get information (misinformation as well), but it does no good if people aren't willing to act.

MFE's post on here, without DIRECT actions, are as good as online petitions.

Lead from the FRONT not from the rear. I know MFE has been talking about this for a while, and he's been right on many fronts, but you can't expect to win a race if you aren't willing to run in it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Let me see some video of MFE outside his station/ramp/hub or corporate advocating for all these changes he wants.

Won't happen. This forum is good to talk, to get information (misinformation as well), but it does no good if people aren't willing to act.

Lead from the FRONT not from the rear. I know MFE has been talking about this for a while, and he's been right on many fronts, but you can't expect to win a race if you aren't willing to run in it.

Direct actions at FedEx get you fired, and if I all of a sudden "came out" as MFE, what do you think would happen?

I don't provide misinformation...I tell the truth. And the truth is always a valid defense to company men like bbsam, who will say or do anything to keep their little scam alive. Get me a Teamster lawyer, and I'll gladly step in front of the camera any day. Fred S makes very sure that employees who speak out get snuffed-out....truth.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rainman

Its all good.

You first.

Sometimes you have to go by indirect means. Look at the resistance fighters in Europe during WW2.

Sent using BrownCafe App

FedExRookie

What a little weasel you are. Direct actions at FedEx get you fired, and if I all of a sudden "came out" as MFE, what do you think would happen? Jesus, little purple suck-ups like you are what allow FedEx to get away with murder every day.

I don't provide misinformation...I tell the truth. And the truth is always a valid defense to company men like bbsam, who will say or do anything to keep their little scam alive. Get me a Teamster lawyer, and I'll gladly step in front of the camera any day. Fred S makes very sure that employees who speak out get snuffed-out....truth.

I love how offended you are. I said the FORUM is a place to get information as well as misinformation, hahahah your butt hurt is amusing especially since that part wasn't directed at you.

You are allowed to voice your opinion, I am not aware of a policy that states you will be terminated if you express your freedom of speech. You could start an organization outside of work, that pushes for the RLA to repeal it's stance on express.

Or are you saying that if you put your name out there that Corporate will target you? Once again, you can't win a race if you aren't willing to run in it.

Suck up? No. As I've said, my tenure at Express is coming to an end as soon as I graduate, I have a job in my profession with the company that I am currently interning at. So while I agree some change needs to happen, I'm not persuaded to act, nor am I the person always calling for action... *cough* you *cough*

FedExRookie

You first.

Sometimes you have to go by indirect means. Look at the resistance fighters in Europe during WW2.

Sent using BrownCafe App

haha, exactly my point. None of you are willing to run in the race, you're willing to organize is anonymously (forum), but none of you are willing to run in it.

Read my post to MFE above this as to why I am not acting first. I have a handful of months left at express.

bbsam

Staff member
What a little weasel you are. Direct actions at FedEx get you fired, and if I all of a sudden "came out" as MFE, what do you think would happen? Jesus, little purple suck-ups like you are what allow FedEx to get away with murder every day.

So your job that you deplore is not so bad that you are willing to lose it. That means there are fates worse than your's. It seems to me that you're the little weasel, not rookie.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I love how offended you are. I said the FORUM is a place to get information as well as misinformation, hahahah your butt hurt is amusing especially since that part wasn't directed at you.

You are allowed to voice your opinion, I am not aware of a policy that states you will be terminated if you express your freedom of speech. You could start an organization outside of work, that pushes for the RLA to repeal it's stance on express.

Or are you saying that if you put your name out there that Corporate will target you? Once again, you can't win a race if you aren't willing to run in it.

Suck up? No. As I've said, my tenure at Express is coming to an end as soon as I graduate, I have a job in my profession with the company that I am currently interning at. So while I agree some change needs to happen, I'm not persuaded to act, nor am I the person always calling for action... *cough* you *cough*

FedEx has a Social Media policy. Goof for you on getting out, but you can talk a lot tougher when you've already got your new career in the bag. Corporate would definitely target me. They already monitor this site and dispatch shills.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
So your job that you deplore is not so bad that you are willing to lose it. That means there are fates worse than your's. It seems to me that you're the little weasel, not rookie.

OK, Mr. Company Man. The real weasels are the Fred clones who screw Ground drivers as part of his scam. Take a look in the mirror and see your fur glisten...weasel. Fred might even give you a Purple Weasel (thanks, Route 66) for being his new tool.

Rainman

Its all good.
haha, exactly my point. None of you are willing to run in the race, you're willing to organize is anonymously (forum), but none of you are willing to run in it.

Read my post to MFE above this as to why I am not acting first. I have a handful of months left at express.
Sometimes to act directly is suicide, and that's foolish. How do you think big corporations get where the are? A lot of indirect means. Sometimes things need to be said, and the only choice is to do it indirectly to avoid putting your head on a chopping block. Don't know who Mr FE is, don't care. I bet he has a family that depends on him, and in that case it's not all about you. That's the real world. It's always easy to criticize, try walking a mile in someone else's shows first. Your opinion may change.

Sent using BrownCafe App

bbsam

Staff member
OK, Mr. Company Man. The real weasels are the Fred clones who screw Ground drivers as part of his scam. Take a look in the mirror and see your fur glisten...weasel. Fred might even give you a Purple Weasel (thanks, Route 66) for being his new tool.
Extreme yawn.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Extreme yawn.

You've really been carrying Fred's water for him lately...good lackey. Now, it appears as though he's delaying raises until October, a move that will save him a full year. I guess he hopes nobody noticed. What do you think of someone who plays games like that? A "good businessman", or a chiseling rat bastard? I'll go with the latter. My guess is that you're admiring his tactics.