I've done it now....

The Milkman

Sent the retirement package in today, monday I will be an ExUPS driver. With just 21+ a few months, the money isn't that great but I had no future as a driver anyway. The Doc's don't have much hope if fixing my back to return.
The way I have it figured, at my age, I wasn't going to make 30 anyway. At least I am getting out before it's wheel chair time.

You said it.. Before wheelchair time.. I retired 1-08 and I to left before wheelchair time. At least you get a pension. Think of all the people that just live on Social Security. On this Thanksgiving Day I am thankfull for our pension as many do not get one at their jobs nowadays. I left at 55 with 25 and you will be able to handle your aches and pains better now that you can take it easy and call the shots when and if you need to sit and take a break daily. Good luck and enjoy life:happy2:

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
TRPL I feel bad for your situation and hope for the best for you. I do hope you had a good lawyer & will be companseted well for your injury.I can't believe some smart ass comments here .This thread dosn't warrant that type of replies. I do hope you stay active on The B.C. Like Over 9.5 said your still one of us.Please keep us informed of your health & future !!!! Good luck & enjoy life.....Cove

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
You're doing the right thing, don't ever look back. The minute I can walk out this hole I'll be right there with ya.
I have 25 but 8 pt sooo I will Lord willing be here awhile yet. Im happy for you, you will survive, enjoy it you deserve it!
Your health is more important. I have a feeling you're bright enough to find something to amuse you.:happy-very:

Good luck and best wishs.
Ditto
As far as censoring the word for butt, it is an automatic, not done by us. The mainframe must be down for a holiday break:smart:

A

anonymous6

Have a comfortable retirement . I have minor back problems and love sitting in a jacuzzi. driving feeder actually helps as it loosens up my lower back.

there is a part in the movie North Dallas Forty when BA berates Nick Nolte for not being more of a "team player" ( typical manger } and Nolte gives a great speach about " I left parts of Myself all over these football fields" or something close.

you have given parts of youself to this company ( as we all have ) and that is why you deserve a happy and long retirement.

D

Dis-organized Labor

Try an inversion table for loosening up your back. I hear they work pretty well. Since you're retiring, you'll just be "Hanging Around" anyway..

705red

Browncafe Steward
Trp I wish you the best in life, and we are all so sorry to hear that its a work related reason. I hope you still plan on stopping in and saying good bye to your customers. Knowing you the way many of us do on this site, we know that your customers would like to say good bye.

iowa boy

Good Luck Trp,

Just kick back, relax, and spend as much time as you can with the Missus. Screw the money, your health is more important.

:peaceful:

How overweight are you and do you exercise? My guess is that you didn`t take care of yourself!? :doctor:
I'm about 15 pounds overweight and do some exercises regularly, nothing like going to a gym but no where near being sedentary.
Guess all ya want bigboy, makes me no difference. I could make a few guesses about you if I was a mind too, but I see no use it that.

Thanks for the even kinder words guys and gals. It's true that I probably should have taken better care of my self and I would have if I had thought I would live this long. I do know that most of y'all, including Raw, probably have at least one bulging disc. In fact I read somewhere in the last few months that most men and many women have bulging discs by the time they are 45-50 years old, regardless of the condition they are in. Not all disc problems are even noticed until something goes wrong.

705Red, There are a few of the customers that I will contact in the next month or so. Being a cover driver I didn't make that many friends on the areas but I did a few. Thanks for that suggestion.

Dis...Try an inversion table for loosening up your back. I hear they work pretty well. Since you're retiring, you'll just be "Hanging Around" anyway..

Now that's funny, I don't care who ya are.

reydluap

trp,

First off, enjoy your retirement!

I've been off work since April with a back injury myself wresling an over weight package. So I really know what you are talking about. I have found that getting into a swimming pool and water walking really helps ease the spasms. I was blessed with the chance to attend the University of Iowa Spinal Rehab Clinic this past two weeks. I highly recommend you to contact Dr. Joseph Chen, MD and discuss your issues. This clinic is the best in the world! The pain will never go away, but they teach you how to adjust to the spasms and the proper exercises to do to strenghten your back. Personally, I'm in the pool for an hour, exercise for an hour, walk a few miles every day and exercise on an exercise ball every day,7 days a week. I'm still in pain, but it's mind over matter and work through the pain.

I hope the information I shared can help you out.

Paul