Jail and UPS

Rawrzxor

So, my uncle just got out of jail. He lost everything, basically. He would have been homeless if my parents wouldn't have let him stay with us. You can see how jail twisted him, how the loss is implanted in his eyes, the lack of any sense nearing joy. I've seen broken men, but I've never seen a man that broken...Anyway, he lost his job when he went to jail--he was a truck driver, the 16 wheelers for a company that wasn't UPS. So, my question is, "If a driver goes to jail, will the union fight for his job? Or is there a stipulation like, 'Oh, you shouldn't have done something to go to jail, so we're firing you.'? I'm thinking that if he would have worked for UPS, he would still have his job, but I don't know.

Incidentally, does the UPS hub seem like a jail to anyone? You've got the buzzer going off every 10 minutes, the sups patrolling and basically yelling, "back to work, cons!" Except we only have a 10 minute break *sometimes*, and no lunch break. xD My first day, back in January, I asked the full time sup who was giving us a tour, "when can we go to the restroom," he responded with a disbelieving face, "this isn't a prison. You can go whenever you want. Oh, well, you should ask your sup when you can go." I laughed and responded "haha, right, right." At that moment, I thought, "Wow. This really seems like a sort of prison." rofl.

To those who take this too seriously, I'm not saying UPS actually is a prison. I'm just saying it has some less severe similarities to prison. Well, without the shanking (I think?) and the not being able to leave ever thing.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
image.jpg

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Jail for one night for a DUI yeah you'll still have a job.

Jail long enough to become a broken man. No you :censored2:ed up and deserve to lose everything so hopefully you understand not to do it again.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
So, my uncle just got out of jail. He lost everything, basically. He would have been homeless if my parents wouldn't have let him stay with us. You can see how jail twisted him, how the loss is implanted in his eyes, the lack of any sense nearing joy. I've seen broken men, but I've never seen a man that broken...Anyway, he lost his job when he went to jail--he was a truck driver, the 16 wheelers for a company that wasn't UPS. So, my question is, "If a driver goes to jail, will the union fight for his job? Or is there a stipulation like, 'Oh, you shouldn't have done something to go to jail, so we're firing you.'? I'm thinking that if he would have worked for UPS, he would still have his job, but I don't know.

Incidentally, does the UPS hub seem like a jail to anyone? You've got the buzzer going off every 10 minutes, the sups patrolling and basically yelling, "back to work, cons!" Except we only have a 10 minute break *sometimes*, and no lunch break. xD My first day, back in January, I asked the full time sup who was giving us a tour, "when can we go to the restroom," he responded with a disbelieving face, "this isn't a prison. You can go whenever you want. Oh, well, you should ask your sup when you can go." I laughed and responded "haha, right, right." At that moment, I thought, "Wow. This really seems like a sort of prison." rofl.

To those who take this too seriously, I'm not saying UPS actually is a prison. I'm just saying it has some less severe similarities to prison. Well, without the shanking (I think?) and the not being able to leave ever thing.

JWGutV7.gif

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
If I need to use the restroom...I tell my sup I'm going to use the bathroom..I don't ask. The same applies when I take my break. We are adults, not children...I don't need permission to pee. However, you should not leave your work area without informing your PT sup first. That way...if your center manager asks the sup where so and so is..he can give an answer.