James P. Hoffa & Kenn Hall will Never Lead a Strike!

Stratocaster

If hall even negotiates $0.09 for our health care, I am done with him and Hoffa. (boy does the apple fall far away from the tree) These guys seemed to be missing what Ron Carey had, which was heart and determination. How does a company that makes record profit, wants the union to give back?! WE MAKE THE ENGINE RUN. If it aint right, strike.

stink219

If hall even negotiates $0.09 for our health care, I am done with him and Hoffa. (boy does the apple fall far away from the tree) These guys seemed to be missing what Ron Carey had, which was heart and determination. How does a company that makes record profit, wants the union to give back?! WE MAKE THE ENGINE RUN. If it aint right, strike.
Ask GM?

EasyTrucker

This is my first post here, been reading for a little while even before I registered. Finding out now that not all full time Teamsters are in Teamster plans and some are in UPS plans. When we were presented this $30/$60/$90 deal at the rally, they clearly said it was what UPS wanted employees to pay that were in UPS plans. Does this mean those of us already in Teamster plans wouldn't have to pay $30/$60/$90 and are being misled? Just something I noticed and pointed out to others at the rally.

A

anonymous6

of course there is gonna be concessions. every contract negotiated by every major company in the world has concessions on both sides.

the best contract is a WIN_WIN one. both sides walk away happy. that did NOT happen in 97. we got too much. the co. has been trying to even the score since then.

result: unhappy employees. on everyone here knows what an unhappy employee does. they know 100 ways to "get even" which cost the co money in " leakage". it averages out to 3-5%. this goes on worldwide with every employee in any industry. you know what i mean.

a happy employee has very little reason to milk the clock or earn extra money or satisfaction in those 100 ways. the co wins and the employee wins. if the co. wants a 3% increase in profits right out of the gate, make their employees happy. It is one of natures laws.

my suggestion to the co and the teamsters would be to negotiate a FAIR contract. don't try to WIN. just be fair. it is possible.

everyone should read the essay "Compensation" to understand what i am trying to say.

A

anonymous6

of course there is gonna be concessions. every contract negotiated by every major company in the world has concessions on both sides.

the best contract is a WIN_WIN one. both sides walk away happy. that did NOT happen in 97. we got too much. the co. has been trying to even the score since then.

result: unhappy employees. on everyone here knows what an unhappy employee does. they know 100 ways to "get even" which cost the co money in " leakage". it averages out to 3-5%. this goes on worldwide with every employee in any industry. you know what i mean.

a happy employee has very little reason to milk the clock or earn extra money or satisfaction in those 100 ways. the co wins and the employee wins. if the co. wants a 3% increase in profits right out of the gate, make their employees happy. It is one of natures laws.

my suggestion to the co and the teamsters would be to negotiate a FAIR contract. don't try to WIN. just be fair. it is possible.

everyone should read the essay "Compensation" to understand what i am trying to say. ( Ralph Waldo Emerson )