Jan Brewer may be an old hag, but at least she knows when to use common sense!

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
Cathi Herrod is behind this, and a lot of the other crazy bills in Arizona. This is her organization:
http://www.azpolicy.org/

It is a 501c3 tax exempt organization, which is clearly a stretch. She also pulls down a hefty salary (is that taxable income?)

As Randy Newman once said "It's great to be an American'.

Overpaid Union Thug

Another ridiculous argument.

How would an unsuspecting customer know in "ADVANCE" what religious beliefs a business person had?

This is such a stupid concept its not even funny. How would a potential customer know what business owners dont agree with their lifestyles? Do you agree with me that large signs should be placed in windows and in advertisements spelling out the business owners religious beliefs?

As for forcing an issue, you have that all backwards my friend.

It was the photographer who "forced" the issue with the support and legal advice of the ADF and CAP. She refused service solely based upon the sexual orientation of a potential customer despite laws in new mexico preventing this from happening.

It was to be the "test case" for both the ADF and CAP.

Fortunately, they lost the case and have to pay thousands in fines, fees and damages. I applaud the decision from the high court.

As much as you want to make it about religious freedoms, its simple a tool for discrimination.

Sorry, your beloved bill is dead.

TOS.
No one suggested that the customers should know in advance what a vendor's religious views are. But once they figure it out they could just walk out and move on to the next vendor instead of trying to force their agenda on someone by violating their First Amendment rights.

MAKAVELI

No one suggested that the customers should know in advance what a vendor's religious views are. But once they figure it out they could just walk out and move on to the next vendor instead of trying to force their agenda on someone by violating their First Amendment rights.
Nowhere in the First Amendment does it state you have the right to discriminate.

island1fox

Well if you change it to that degree then it pretty much loses it's whole purpose, at least from the perspective of the folks who currently support it. It's really silly anyway, I mean if you don't want to take pictures at a gay wedding or whatever all you have to do is tell the people that you're overbooked or something.

Jones,

Sure ---Just lie !! That would be standing up for your beliefs !!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Protecting religious beliefs is not discrimination. Using the word discrimination in this issue is nothing more than a liberal bomb dropping tactic meant to distract from the real issue and is used to bypass the The First Amendment.

IF a muslim american denied service to a jew and held the belief that servicing the jew would violate his/her religious beliefs, would you support the muslim for doing so?

TOS.

Nimnim

The Nim
Well if you change it to that degree then it pretty much loses it's whole purpose, at least from the perspective of the folks who currently support it. It's really silly anyway, I mean if you don't want to take pictures at a gay wedding or whatever all you have to do is tell the people that you're overbooked or something.

Such a tactic would definitely open up the business to a discrimination lawsuit. It's much better for a law to be in place that allows a business to be honest and say they don't accept the situation on religious grounds. Might I add if anyone is going to be that adamant about their religious beliefs they'd also not be inclined to lie about it.

IF a muslim american denied service to a jew and held the belief that servicing the jew would violate his/her religious beliefs, would you support the muslim for doing so?

TOS.

Depending on the service certainly. Selling them a sandwich or a roll of toilet paper would hardly violate any religious beliefs though.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Such a tactic would definitely open up the business to a discrimination lawsuit. It's much better for a law to be in place that allows a business to be honest and say they don't accept the situation on religious grounds. Might I add if anyone is going to be that adamant about their religious beliefs they'd also not be inclined to lie about it.
Actually it's much better to not discriminate, but regardless I doubt they will be able to craft a law that both allows discrimination and will survive a court challenge.

wkmac

As a photographer, tell them the truth of your beliefs on a personal level but being polite and then explain you are reluctant to take the job because you might not do the best job. For example, what if you kiss one another and I wince and mess up the photo? I'd rather help you find another photographer locally who would do you a good job, here are some suggestions and I'll even call them for you right now so you can get this done without going to more time and trouble.

Your beliefs stay in tact while they get a photographer who want the job, etc. and just maybe everyone walks away feeling happy about the situation.

island1fox

Sometimes Common sense --is all that we need.

Like the years and years of fighting over "Marriage"

Their are Religious groups and Traditionalists that will never give up --this will go on for another 100 years.

Straight is Straight --with Marriage and an awful lot of Legal and Financial Benefits.

Gay is Gay --not better or worse than straight --Should definitely have all the right and financial benefits.

Gays should have a National Convention --Decide for themselves what their Unions should be called( excluding the word the Straight people have)
After deciding on the term -for example -Gayrriage--let the States place it on the next election Ballot --I would bet -it would pass in every State.

Much of this Hate and Pain on both sides would disappear.

I am sure there are Millions of American's who have no problem with Gay people or Gay Unions ---but do not like being forced to say --for better or worse --there is absolutely no differences --therefore we will force you to call them Straight ---I meant to say Marriage.:innocent:

Lets not delve into the differences --non differences --we have been there --Tony gets very Upset !!!

Gayrraige cakes and Marriage cakes for all ---look at all the alternative Businesses that will open !!

Common Sense ?? Compromise ?? Everyone gets almost everything what they want ??? No more controversy !!!:likeit:

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Sometimes Common sense --is all that we need.

Like the years and years of fighting over "Marriage"

Their are Religious groups and Traditionalists that will never give up --this will go on for another 100 years.

Straight is Straight --with Marriage and an awful lot of Legal and Financial Benefits.

Gay is Gay --not better or worse than straight --Should definitely have all the right and financial benefits.

Gays should have a National Convention --Decide for themselves what their Unions should be called( excluding the word the Straight people have)
After deciding on the term -for example -Gayrriage--let the States place it on the next election Ballot --I would bet -it would pass in every State.

Much of this Hate and Pain on both sides would disappear.

I am sure there are Millions of American's who have no problem with Gay people or Gay Unions ---but do not like being forced to say --for better or worse --there is absolutely no differences --therefore we will force you to call them Straight ---I meant to say Marriage.:innocent:

Lets not delve into the differences --non differences --we have been there --Tony gets very Upset !!!

Gayrraige cakes and Marriage cakes for all ---look at all the alternative Businesses that will open !!

Common Sense ?? Compromise ?? Everyone gets almost everything what they want ??? No more controversy !!!:likeit:

All this righteous talk about "traditional marriage" as IF this was a guarantee in this country. With 1 in 2 marriages ending in divorce in the USA, I would say the use of the word TRADITIONAL is OUTDATED and no longer applies.

Regardless of the reason, marriage in this country is SHORT TERMED and the days of Ward and June Cleaver and Ozzie and Harriet are gone.

To imply that straight marriage is better than a gay marriage is silly at best.

Maybe in a traditional marriage they could have an egg timer on the cake to symbolize the time that will be running out on the marriage?

They come in cute colors too!

TOS.

island1fox

??????

Hey more,

Fusion was very funny.

Shame there are always jerks who claim straight or gay --one is better than the other -Have not heard anyone "imply" that lately.--Also the very same Idiots would not know what compromise and fair solutions for all --even when staring straight at them.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Attention Gay people! You need to have a national convention and choose a name that doesn't offend some guy on the internet! If you're stumped the offended internet guy has some helpful suggestions!
Yeah, I'm sure they'll get right on that...

moreluck

golden ticket member
Why couldn't the title of this thread just be "Jan Brewer" ? Then if someone has anything to post dealing with Jan Brewer it would go there. When the thread title is an insult, people will start a new thread rather than put it here.

island1fox

Attention Gay people! You need to have a national convention and choose a name that doesn't offend some guy on the internet! If you're stumped the offended internet guy has some helpful suggestions!
Yeah, I'm sure they'll get right on that...
Jones,

That was a real thought out response.

Of course there is no problems, no court cases no hated and bitterness over the Gay Issue.

It is only one guy on the Internet.

Of course for any problem --there is never room for both sides to show a little COMMON SENSE and COMPROMISE !!