Jane Union - special treatment

Do women receive special treatment at your workplace?

• Total voters

blkmamba

When I was at UPS, we had a woman who rarely showed up an when she did was late. She was a loader who averaged around 150 pph. She was an awful worker, but because she had big "assets" she was never fired.

However, she did at one point join the safety committee and when they did their little pre-sort demonstrations participation increased among the employees walking in.

some1else

We have 80ish routes now still about 15 in p800/p1000 eithout power steering. We have 7 female drivers and not one of them has ever driven a 800 or 1000 without ps in the 10 years ive been there....

To the point that an old p1000 id the "substitute" truck when your is in the shop you drive it. The female drivers truck is in the shop and a newer p1000 will be pulled from another driver so the woman can drive it and the man gets the old one.

I think 70c/1$ (if it was true its definently not here) would be generous

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I drove the old p800 and 500s with the wooden doors, shelves, no power anything for 15 yrs. I really want to know in what bubble of goodness women get this treatment. I sure have never ever seen it. I went out after being on vaca,( coz some guy wrecked my truck ) in POS that you needed a football field to maneuver. For a month, just last summer. No one worried about it, including me. And it had the high step. And since I show up and muscle trucks around just like the guys, in extreme heat, extreme cold, snow up to my earballs, and dont call off when my wife has a doctors appointment,or when I have the sniffles, or when Im tired or sore.......or overworked..... I think I should get 130 to 1$ instead of 70.

upschuck

When I was at UPS, we had a woman who rarely showed up an when she did was late. She was a loader who averaged around 150 pph. She was an awful worker, but because she had big "assets" she was never fired.
Had that same woman here who pealed the top of her PC during qualifying, and still qualified. Didn't know if it was a gender thing, or that she was friends with the DM.

FilingBluesFL

I've seen plenty of preferential treatment around here.

The women are either the button pressers (those that apply PAL labels in the morning), Clerks, Small Sort, or car Loaders.

There's one chick... that... you know... She was out of work for a while, it was rumored that she was getting "preferential treatment" from a supervisor in another building in his office, and they got caught. She gets all kinds of special treatment in our building.

Our on-road gals seem to be able to get it done, but there are times where they get "preference" over the dudes.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Out of about 300 drivers in my building, 1 is a woman. And there are only two female preloaders who don't work in small sort, and I'm the other one. If there's special treatment for women, I sure as hell haven't been privy to it.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Out of about 300 drivers in my building, 1 is a woman. And there are only two female preloaders who don't work in small sort, and I'm the other one. If there's special treatment for women, I sure as hell haven't been privy to it.
In order to see all this preferential treatment that's going on you need to wear a special pair of "woman hater" goggles. They're on the shelf right next to the "bitter, lonely, frustrated guy" goggles. In fact they might even be interchangeable :wink-very:

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
In order to see all this preferential treatment that's going on you need to wear a special pair of "woman hater" goggles. They're on the shelf right next to the "bitter, lonely, frustrated guy" goggles. In fact they might even be interchangeable :wink-very:
ohhh....do they sell these particular goggles in say...upstate NY? lol

oldngray

nowhere special
Most women are treated the same but there are definitely a few that did get special treatment. Others got abused more than average but that happened less frequently.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Most women are treated the same but there are definitely a few that did get special treatment. Others got abused more than average but that happened less frequently.
Replace "women" with "men" in that statement and it would be just as true. Or you could just use "people" and cover all your bases.