Jane Union - special treatment

Do women receive special treatment at your workplace?

• Total voters

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
In the 27 years that I have been driving, I have not seen any favoritism given to the female drivers in our building. Nor have I seen any of our women expecting preferential treatment.
I can't speak for female drivers....we've had 2 in ten years...and one was fired. Actually, one of the things I slightly enjoy about ups is I get treated the same as everyone else. We are drones, last names on pieces of paper. My expected PPH is the same as the 20 year old guys who work alongside me. I don't want any special treatment, nor would I receive it if I did.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Not to be sexist but maybe some tighter pants and a shake of the booty now and then and maybe I could see you getting $1.15.

Wait............I guess that was sexist. :P
I still shake that booty, but its much easier in the heat to get help:peaceful:. I will run that 1.15 across the table at my next safety meeting. I am sure they will agree.

rod

Retired 22 years
I would like to see a truly honest test where a UPS guy and a UPS gal are sent into a business with a heaping arm load of packages and see what the ratio of women getting the door held for them and other help with the packages would be. From my own observations and from actual stories from customers and female UPS employees I would bet a paycheck (if I got one) that the gals were helped way more. I realize this is not "special treatment" by the company but it would show proof that women ARE treated different. I once had a female center manager who when riding with me would have doors held for her even though she wasn't carrying anything while I would have to open the same door with one finger and my foot while carrying an arm load. (NO- I didn't want her to help and always warned her about her feeble attempts to speed things up). I've even had customers tell me how rude it was that I didn't hold the door for her.

P.S. I always open the doors for the ladies and even found it awkward NOT to for my female center manager. That's just the way I was raised.

upscat

speaking of cute and cuddly we had a cute driver that never had to work hard on her route. customers would be breaking their necks to load her car with their pickup pieces.

Indecisi0n

I would like to see a truly honest test where a UPS guy and a UPS gal are sent into a business with a heaping arm load of packages and see what the ratio of women getting the door held for them and other help with the packages would be. From my own observations and from actual stories from customers and female UPS employees I would bet a paycheck (if I got one) that the gals were helped way more. I realize this is not "special treatment" by the company but it would show proof that women ARE treated different. I once had a female center manager who when riding with me would have doors held for her even though she wasn't carrying anything while I would have to open the same door with one finger and my foot while carrying an arm load. (NO- I didn't want her to help and always warned her about her feeble attempts to speed things up). I've even had customers tell me how rude it was that I didn't hold the door for her.

P.S. I always open the doors for the ladies and even found it awkward NOT to for my female center manager. That's just the way I was raised.
If I wear my super tight shorts I get both girls and guys opening doors for me.

Pretty much all the guys I've come across who bitch about women getting treated better at work are guys who have issues with women in general anyway. They also tend to be the guys are just constantly bitching about everything.
You want to know something funny. This one woman in my center is tougher that every driver in my building and there's 185 of US. The runs the best numbers. Takes three weeks paid out on her vacation the. Takes four weeks off and goes to her job at the army reserves. She as once bit by a pit bull on her route and went to the doctor got it cleaned out stitched up and still ran 1:80 early. Pound for pound she is the toughest driver I've ever seen.

Indecisi0n

You want to know something funny. This one woman in my center is tougher that every driver in my building and there's 185 of US. The runs the best numbers. Takes three weeks paid out on her vacation the. Takes four weeks off and goes to her job at the army reserves. She as once bit by a pit bull on her route and went to the doctor got it cleaned out stitched up and still ran 1:80 early. Pound for pound she is the toughest driver I've ever seen.
She hot?