Jane Union - special treatment

Do women receive special treatment at your workplace?

• Total voters

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I've seen preferential treatment given to far more than I'd like to admit. Gender isn't the defining condition even if it's sometimes the case. It's more who that level of supervision likes more, some will favor women, others will favor the bros they get along with best.

Now getting into PT supervision is a different story. It's possible that some women have been overlooked for PT sup, but it's certainly not been the "pretty ones." Though at the same time the people who usually apply for PT sup these days are the people who can't perform their job as an hourly anyways, male or female be damned.
Oh boy, I was a pt sup, and when promoted I had never loaded the truck. :whiteflag:

HBGPreloader

I load a female package car driver.
The number of pieces she gets is typically double or more of the other 2 cars I load. Today, I think she was forecast for ~650 pieces, including sure-post. Her car is almost always packed full. The other 2 drivers had, maybe, 625 combined.
The drivers definitely hold their own.
In other positions, yes, women are given preferential treatment. But, some do load - and quite well too. The others who don't make the cut either get transferred to an easy position or quit.

Johnny Paycheck

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
All the females I see in Load/unload get babied all the way through training. Trainers give them frequent breaks and lift the heavier packages for them. They never last more than 1 or 2 months.

OPTION3

we've got 4 women in our center…….All are on the safety committee …with less than 10 years COMBINED….they work half days 4 days a week doing "safety" observations. Consequently those four drivers probably make up 25 % of the centers accidents, and 50 percent of the injuries….thanks for the safety tips though

Orthello

I am a woman full time package car driver for 27 years... No... Never..have I had special treatment. I care about my "brothers". They care about me..."we" help each other!!!! Work together people!!!

Rainman

Its all good.
TFS Seniority is seniority.

Are the women allowed to bump a guy off a route? There ya go.
Where i am we are equal opportunity offenders. We bump anybody junior, male or female. Nobody complains about it, they just accept it. At least they know it's fair.