Janitor caught stealing packages...

The Chosen 1

God, Family, UPSer
At my center last Friday one of the janitors that cleans the outside debris in the yard was arrested for stealing packages.
Apparently while cleaning he would walk the yard and grab any package that fell on the ground off the feeder trailers and put it in a separate bag from the actual trash. He would then take the trash to the dumpster but put the trash bag full of packages in his car. There were about five cop cars pulling multiple trash bags out his car Friday. Are these janitors UPS employees or are they contracted with an outside company?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
At my center last Friday one of the janitors that cleans the outside debris in the yard was arrested for stealing packages.
Apparently while cleaning he would walk the yard and grab any package that fell on the ground off the feeder trailers and put it in a separate bag from the actual trash. He would then take the trash to the dumpster but put the trash bag full of packages in his car. There were about five cop cars pulling multiple trash bags out his car Friday. Are these janitors UPS employees or are they contracted with an outside company?
What does it matter?

Stealing is stealing. I used to find all kinds of things in the trailers when sweeping them out before taking it to a customer. We were supposed to throw it in the trash if it came from a broke open box. If the box was still there or unopened , we turned it in.

No matter if the guy was union or an outside contractor , this is going to follow him forever. It's not worth it.

Johney

Huh????

The Chosen 1

God, Family, UPSer
What does it matter?

Stealing is stealing. I used to find all kinds of things in the trailers when sweeping them out before taking it to a customer. We were supposed to throw it in the trash if it came from a broke open box. If the box was still there or unopened , we turned it in.

No matter if the guy was union or an outside contractor , this is going to follow him forever. It's not worth it.
It doesn't matter... I don't give a :censored2: I still have my job... It's funny because all the packages that were found were undamaged and in pristine condition. It will follow him forever but at the end of the day we all have choices and that was a stupid one...

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
My avatar is a picture of The Most High, Christ, the creator himself. I'm a Hebrew Israelite. What's with your avatar??
IMG_0531.GIF

FYI...Jesus was white.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
How do packages fall off a trailer?
It happens all the time when someone pulls the trailer off the load door and either they didn't shut the door inside the building or the driver did not close the swing doors.

It used to happen at our hub a couple times a night. During peak it happens quite a bit because people are too much in a hurry or off the street peak drivers don't have a clue.