January...blah

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Just like every holiday should be on a Friday or Monday so we can all have long weekends with no friend'd up weird work day gaps, every month should be changed to 30 days! This 30 some months, 31 others & February's bizarreness is just blatant stupidity!

What we would do with the "30 days hath September..." poem?

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Not that many stops, but other than that, you're speaking my language. Even before I started at Brown, I considered January the worst month of the year. It might be December now though due to peak. I love the $, but it's difficult to get excited for Christmas due to late start times, exhaustion, & missing evening meals. January seems to take forever to push through. February sometimes too, then usually some optimism, thawing, & new energy creep in as we head into March & more daylight.
Thats why i always take the 3rd week in February off. Its almost always guaranteed to snow in feb and starts getting pretty cold over here on the eastern shore. I take off 3rd week of feb then work 3 weeks then off again the 3rd week in march for the start of the NCAA TOURNAMENT. Usually try n steal a mon off here n there in january for a 3 day weekend or 2 to hold me over til vacation in Feb. Always have to have a strategy when placing them vacations and trying to steal a 3 day weekend lol.

S

selfcancelsignal

Thats why i always take the 3rd week in February off. Its almost always guaranteed to snow in feb and starts getting pretty cold over here on the eastern shore. I take off 3rd week of feb then work 3 weeks then off again the 3rd week in march for the start of the NCAA TOURNAMENT. Usually try n steal a mon off here n there in january for a 3 day weekend or 2 to hold me over til vacation in Feb. Always have to have a strategy when placing them vacations and trying to steal a 3 day weekend lol.
You have much more seniority than I do, Amigo. 3 weeks for this cat for 5 more years, I think. I can forget about the week March Madness kicks off. Very popular week for the senior drivers to take off in my center.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Any month that I'm healthy making 2grand a week ain't to bad in the overall picture of life.
image.jpg
True that. Cheers my brother

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
You have much more seniority than I do, Amigo. 3 weeks for this cat for 5 more years, I think. I can forget about the week March Madness kicks off. Very popular week for the senior drivers to take off in my center.
Bid out your sick and optional days for 2 extra weeks of vacation. Ive been doing that for at least 5 years now for 6 weeks. I never hardly ever call in. I always schedule stuff around my vacations. Ill steal a day here n there unpaid before i burn a sick or optional day. If your full scale you can afford to have a 4 day paycheck, no biggee really. I take off the same weeks every year. I go Feb, March, June, Sept, Oct, and Nov.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Bid out your sick and optional days for 2 extra weeks of vacation. Ive been doing that for at least 5 years now for 6 weeks. I never hardly ever call in. I always schedule stuff around my vacations. Ill steal a day here n there unpaid before i burn a sick or optional day. If your full scale you can afford to have a 4 day paycheck, no biggee really. I take off the same weeks every year. I go Feb, March, June, Sept, Oct, and Nov.
Got a week in February. My kids spring break week last week of March. Week in mid June. 4th of July week.,the Last week of July and the first week in august.....not 2 shabby........

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Got a week in February. My kids spring break week last week of March. Week in mid June. 4th of July week.,the Last week of July and the first week in august.....not 2 shabby........
Not bad, i like to get that down time late in the year before peak, get a little rest up. My weeks in march( ncaa tournament) june( nba finals) sept( 1st week of nfl) then oct n nov lol.

S

selfcancelsignal

Full scale ahead... April.

rod

Retired 22 years
I always hated January & Feb. ----You never knew what surprises would be loaded in your truck.