January Frontline - December's Peak Disaster

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
It comes as no surprise on this month's Frontline the coverage of the probably the worst peak season FedEx has ever known is blurred and twisted by blaming the weather for the whole problem.

Of course we all know better. Peak was a disaster because Fred and his henchmen are way too greedy to properly service existing customers and insist on taking on way too much freight and not having enough bodies to do the job properly.

And as expected there was no mention of any action plan to prevent this scenario from ever happening again. Instead what do we get? MT3 begging for sales leads?? I guess he wants a bigger and badder cluster next peak.

Well good luck with this new flat-rate box service because it'll mean that Fred gets richer while the freight will be later and later. He couldn't care less about any purple promise or any kind of quality service.

What a joke.

FedExRookie

If you look at all the parcel services, everyone was behind, so it was either. 1. The Weather 2. Everyone is too greedy to properly service existing customers 3. Huge influx of online orders or 4. A combination of the aforementioned.

The sales lead thing is ridiculous, stop begging like children, the stock is over 2x what it was 4 years ago... Why? Because like many other corporations, the higher ups are holding onto money instead of giving our raises, bonuses, and benefits. I'm a strong believer in capitalism, so I can't really complain, but they shouldn't expect the employees to be going above and beyond.

STFXG

If you look at all the parcel services, everyone was behind, so it was either. 1. The Weather 2. Everyone is too greedy to properly service existing customers 3. Huge influx of online orders or 4. A combination of the aforementioned.

The sales lead thing is ridiculous, stop begging like children, the stock is over 2x what it was 4 years ago... Why? Because like many other corporations, the higher ups are holding onto money instead of giving our raises, bonuses, and benefits. I'm a strong believer in capitalism, so I can't really complain, but they shouldn't expect the employees to be going above and beyond.

Holding on to money? How are you coming up with that?

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Once upon a time in a company far far away there used to be this little thing called "profit sharing" in which twice a year said company would divvy up a percentage of it's take with all the little people.

Back in those days there actually WAS some incentive to go above and beyond by doing such things as turning in sales leads, dim weighting oversize packages, pushing the safety limit, giving the customer that extra 2 minutes you really don't have and what not.

But just as I no longer am expecting a profit sharing check every 6 months, yet am expecting a continuance in the never ending erosion of my benefits, getting (delayed) meager laughable 2% raises, neither should Fredward expect any sort of outstanding effort on my part.

Fair enuff, Fred?

Good

Cactus

Once upon a time in a company far far away there used to be this little thing called "profit sharing" in which twice a year said company would divvy up a percentage of it's take with all the little people.

Back in those days there actually WAS some incentive to go above and beyond by doing such things as turning in sales leads, dim weighting oversize packages, pushing the safety limit, giving the customer that extra 2 minutes you really don't have and what not.

But just as I no longer am expecting a profit sharing check every 6 months, yet am expecting a continuance in the never ending erosion of my benefits, getting (delayed) meager laughable 2% raises, neither should Fredward expect any sort of outstanding effort on my part.

Fair enuff, Fred?

Good
Sounds fair to me and feel free to do even less. I'm fine with that.

Screw you Smith!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Sounds fair to me and feel free to do even less. I'm fine with that.

Screw you Smith!

Amen, brother!! Let Mr. Smith reap what he sows...a crop of disillusioned, low-effort employees who really no longer care. Each day, he adds to his harvest. This is what being a cheap :censored2: gets you. :censored2:, Mr. Smith.

Last edited by a moderator:

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

5. Some large national shippers provided us with forecasts for their outbound shipments so we could make sure to have the people and space on trucks and planes to handle volume. Then they ship out as much as twice that predicted volume in some areas.

Cactus

5. Some large national shippers provided us with forecasts for their outbound shipments so we could make sure to have the people and space on trucks and planes to handle volume. Then they ship out as much as twice that predicted volume in some areas.
We could have said no but all your idol Fred sees is $$$ signs.

MAKAVELI

That's right, keep making the same sorry ass excuses. It won't change only get worse. I guess it's all good as long as that stock price keeps going up and the executives cash in.

DontThrowPackages

It comes as no surprise on this month's Frontline the coverage of the probably the worst peak season FedEx has ever known is blurred and twisted by blaming the weather for the whole problem.

Of course we all know better. Peak was a disaster because Fred and his henchmen are way too greedy to properly service existing customers and insist on taking on way too much freight and not having enough bodies to do the job properly.

And as expected there was no mention of any action plan to prevent this scenario from ever happening again. Instead what do we get? MT3 begging for sales leads?? I guess he wants a bigger and badder cluster next peak.

Well good luck with this new flat-rate box service because it'll mean that Fred gets richer while the freight will be later and later. He couldn't care less about any purple promise or any kind of quality service.

What a joke.
Why turn in Leads just so they can be used for ground? Might as well go to the smallest shipper and get a lead from them just to get the leads manager off your back. turn in small leads and the sales people won't waste their time.

FedExRookie

Holding on to money? How are you coming up with that?

It's simple, how do they pay dividends and invest in capital? Cash

What do raises, bonuses, etc need to be paid out? Cash

They less they spend on the bottom line, employees, the more cash they have to play with. Not really that hard, it's the main reason average employee salary is low, but the stock market is at Record levels. As a person who believes in capitalism, I can't complain without being a hypocrite, but the desire to to drive up share prices and dividend payouts cost the bottom line people.

bbsam

Staff member
I never give sales leads. In fact, I find it hard to believe that they don't know where the potential customers are which makes me wonder why they ask for them. Is it to target non-team players?

59 Dano

That's right, keep making the same sorry ass excuses.

My bad. There were NO issues, none at all, with any large national shippers whose own projections were completely off the mark. There is no way that that could conceivably happen under any circumstance.

59 Dano

But just as I no longer am expecting a profit sharing check every 6 months,

You still get it. It's called the Frontline Performance Payout. Same thing, different name.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
You still get it. It's called the Frontline Performance Payout. Same thing, different name.

You're joking, right? Seriously, how can you even form those words to type them? As if FPP even comes remotely close to Profit Sharing. FPP will buy you lunch at Mickey D's for maybe a few days. Profit Sharing on the other hand was NOT the joke FPP is.

59 Dano

You're joking, right? Seriously, how can you even form those words to type them? As if FPP even comes remotely close to Profit Sharing. FPP will buy you lunch at Mickey D's for maybe a few days. Profit Sharing on the other hand was NOT the joke FPP is.

So how much were your last 2 profit sharing payments in the last year that you got them?