Jarret S*ck's!!!

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
How about that one part of the race where the "on-board camera" showed drivers flying by Jarrett. The race announcer says and here's Jarret being passed and on the left and the right...and the middle!!

rushfan

The long haired dude looks like Steve Perry of Journey fame.

The #1 reason why I'm going to feeders-It's not because less stress on the knees and back...It's because I'm tired of my customers telling me UPS racing sucks! I'll still give the old geezer a couple of races to see what happens.

trickpony1

Jarrett doesn't have to win.
He just has to look good driving in circles and on the front of the soda pop machine.
What do you want for 64+ million dollars?

8Years2Go

I really think that they went with Jarrett and not someone else, because with all the hype with Toyota, they thought they'd get alot more airtime. Only problem is, he only has 4 more Past Champ Provisions (Already used 2 in 2 races) and then he'll be staying home if he can't qualify on speed. DJ went with MWR for one reason and one reason only $$$$$$.

8Years2Go

Make that 3 more past champ provisions! He had to use annother one today in Vegas. If he can't stay in the top 35 in points by the time he uses his last PCP (Which will be in 3 more races) them he'll be packing it up like his team owner has done the last two races. Mikey had to go home again!
Sorry UPS! But I don't think this move to the Mickey Wlatrip's Toyota's was a smart business move. Should have stayed with RYR!!!!!!!!!!!

Steelheader

The Fishing UPS Guy
I think you all are missing the point. We finally have stuff we can buy that looks halfway decent (not that crap from spirit of UPS). :laugh:

Thankfully, my customers don't whine about how bad the UPS team is (since I'm in a part of the country that NASCAR isn't that popular). BUT, I've had TONS of customers truely wanting to know when I'd be getting a flame painted car. I actually like the idea, but couldn't get it to fly when they put the new logos on it a few months back. :wink:

OldManAllowance

A very bad move going with Toyota, nothing like being associated with LOSERS...hey Dale, race the truck, you might have a better chance than last place. Is this what they mean by "redeployment"?

rushfan

Ok, Now I'm tired of the crap. I've given him 2 chances to make it in a race without using a provisional. Maybe we should have dropped jarrett (I like jarrett as a person) ,stayed with RYR or went with Rouch.

Also throwing it away in the NHRA (although that makes em the "Official Package Handler of the NHRA).

Vandergriff finished 14th last yr. Qualified well a week ago in Pomona and even won a round but don't look for any stellar perfomances.

By the way, how come I can get a 30% discount shipping UPS because I am a member of the NHRA but because I'm an EMPLOYEE, I don't get squat?

I bet Vandergriff`s sponsorship is minimal,under 500k easy. I`d rather spend it on him as he is a personable driver,I spoke to him here at Joliet and he was quite happy to have employees talk to him asking what building they worked at and how long they were with the company. Jarret made an appearance at the Cach the first year of the sponsorship and was a complete tool,even to managment. This on your sponsors property no less. When his time was up he bolted for the door. I remember my mgr at the time rolling his eyes and saying "that went well".

raceanoncr

I bet Vandergriff`s sponsorship is minimal,under 500k easy. I`d rather spend it on him as he is a personable driver,I spoke to him here at Joliet and he was quite happy to have employees talk to him asking what building they worked at and how long they were with the company. Jarret made an appearance at the Cach the first year of the sponsorship and was a complete tool,even to managment. This on your sponsors property no less. When his time was up he bolted for the door. I remember my mgr at the time rolling his eyes and saying "that went well".

Totally agree, Cach. Drag racing is a more "people oriented" motorsport, in that, as you know, allows spectators in the pits to actually witness the crews, drivers, sponsors, etc. doing their thing.

Never met Jarrett but a, now retired, friend of mine won a trip to Daytona (from UPS...you believe that?), along with other UPSers from around the country. They were sposed to have a sit-down with Jarrett, a chit-chat, the works. It boiled down to a room full of chairs in a row with a desk in front (like a classroom). They all sat...waiting...waiting...waiting, til finally he came in with an entourage. Talked for a little bit, then vanished out the side door. No questions, no interaction, no nuttin.

He may be camera friendly but doesn't appear to have fan appeal.

We had a show car come in for the first oval race at Joliet an the UPS managment people were so desperate to get people to come and pose for pics they were telling us to go do it on the clock during our day. Even then they couldn`t get anyone to go.
On a similar subject I have always been offended that any "function" at the track was only for certain folks and not all employees. Nothing like walking up to a tent or gathering that says "Welcome UPS Employees" on a sign and having a PR person stop you and say it doesn`t mean you.

8Years2Go

What a waste of money! Oh Yeah! And my time.
Good news is, he was the highest finishing Toyota. :thumbup1:
I forgot, only two qualified and the good one crashed out.
Go Dale Go!

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
Again DJ's leading the pack from the rear! Can't see why anybody would want to invest in a driver thats obviously content to do nothing.

Leftinbuilding

I could be way out in left field, but I believe our embarrassing lack of success in NASCAR was a contributing factor in the recent Fortune magazine "Most Admired" poll. Perception is reality. Our NASCAR impression is one of being old, and tired and not really with it. An "also ran". A loser. In contrast, Fedex appears agressive and dynamic with a hot young driver. Its time we got out of it. You won't be considered such a loser if you didn't even run. Sad!