Jerk businesses (just venting)

Whargoul

If I have to deliver a business late-er in the afternoon for whatever reason and they make a fuss I tell them I have till 5pm to deliver ground and if they need it sooner we provide NDA and NDA Saver service options, have a nice day!

wayfair

swollen member
Most of my customers know my delivery time pretty well. If they need to get stuff early, I've always let them know my first stop is at 9:15 and can meet me there.

rod

Retired 22 years
Most of my customers know my delivery time pretty well. If they need to get stuff early, I've always let them know my first stop is at 9:15 and can meet me there.

I always had a half a dozen people waiting at my first stop. Even more if it was Avon day or the day the new Beanie Babies came in. I hated Beanie Baby day.

rod

Retired 22 years
The trouble was the Beanie Baby zombies weren't the store owners--they were the ones who collected them. I had 3 or 4 stores that sold them and all these women would pester me about what time I would be at a certain store.

Dr.Brownz

1. Sign but note the visual damage in the remarks column.
2. If the visual damage is more than just a few creases in the box, open the box and allow them to briefly inspect the contents, noting the damage in the remarks column.

Wow superstar you just lve making up your own methods ad policies don't you? You never let a customer open the package before signing

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Wow superstar you just lve making up your own methods ad policies don't you? You never let a customer open the package before signing

If I am delivering to a regular customer and the package is trashed I will allow them to open the package and visually inspect the contents. I will note the package as "trashed" before they sign. They appreciate it and the comments in the remarks makes it easier if they need to file a claim.

TG43

If I have to deliver a business late-er in the afternoon for whatever reason and they make a fuss I tell them I have till 5pm to deliver ground and if they need it sooner we provide NDA and NDA Saver service options, have a nice day!

On this new run I covered, a lady literally yelled at me when I walked in to her business (garage behind her house). Actually I was exhausted and caught off guard...I kind of smiled...like..."you gotta be kidding me" sort of thing. It's the only time I've had a customer concern...because I "laughed right in her face" lol. A time after that she said to me "I always know when your delivering because your LATE".

I hate this fing job just thinking about this :censored2:.
I'm gonna go egg her house now.
(Haven't worked a day this week)

I break off now and try to get there around 1. I don't say a word. No Hi, Thanks, etc. It's awkward, but works.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

On this new run I covered, a lady literally yelled at me when I walked in to her business (garage behind her house). Actually I was exhausted and caught off guard...I kind of smiled...like..."you gotta be kidding me" sort of thing. It's the only time I've had a customer concern...because I "laughed right in her face" lol. A time after that she said to me "I always know when your delivering because your LATE".

I hate this fing job just thinking about this :censored2:.
I'm gonna go egg her house now.
(Haven't worked a day this week)

I break off now and try to get there around 1. I don't say a word. No Hi, Thanks, etc. It's awkward, but works.

Don't break off for that bitch.

wayfair

swollen member

Does she have posted hours on her business??

if not, she'd be the last delivery every time she got something

542thruNthru

Does she have posted hours on her business??

if not, she'd be the last delivery every time she got something

Posted hours or not doesn't matter. It's a house and UPS does not recognize a house as a business. I would make it the last stop of the day for a few days. A nice attitude adjustment.

wayfair

swollen member
Posted hours or not doesn't matter. It's a house and UPS does not recognize a house as a business. I would make it the last stop of the day for a few days. A nice attitude adjustment.

Had a dental lab that was out of a house. They were told by UPS to post hours if they wanted to be serviced as a business

542thruNthru

Had a dental lab that was out of a house. They were told by UPS to post hours if they wanted to be serviced as a business

That's interesting. I've had to deal with that a few times. My center manager always told me it doesn't matter. Some did it so they could get savers before 3. Others put up hours like 10-3pm so we would get there when they wanted.

Orion inc.

I like turtles

She would be my last stop and I would just DR garage. She's not a business stop. If it's at a residential address, she can bitch all she wants. You don't need a signature and that fixes having a confrontation with her.

Hell, I'd deliver everything on that street on purpose, passing her house numerous times. If she comes out complaining in a derogatory way some more, I'd leave all her stuff right at her front door without a word

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Exactly. Its zoned as residential and she lives on the property. When someone says I'm late I tell them that UPS guys are like wizards--We're never late. We always arrive precisely when we intend to.

hyena

359d0yp.gif

TG43

She was my 142nd stop of the day once last week. The computer said I'd be there at 16:55. lol

Sorry I'll let this go...just bored...sucks for me when someone is getting qualified, it takes hours from me.