Jimmy Carter Pulls the Race Card

over9five

Staff member
Gawd, he's soooo irrelevent.

Yet another liberal saying anyone who disagrees with Obama must be a racist.

Carter Labels Wilson a Racist

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Plains, GA and he should stay there.

Not really - keep up the work on building Habitat houses.
I respect him greatly for his work with Habitat.

Thats about all that I respect him for, I have helped build a couple of Habitat houses myself. He is otherwise a disgrace to my state in my opinion.

fact check

Gawd, he's soooo irrelevent.

Yet another liberal saying anyone who disagrees with Obama must be a racist.

Carter Labels Wilson a Racist
The linked article does not mention President Carter. It does talk about Rep. Joe Wilson. The same Joe Wilson that praised an avowed segregationist as a patriot on the floor of the Congress. The same Joe Wilson that fought to keep the Confederate flag flying over the capital in South Carolina.

Never mind that Wilson was the one lying (maybe he didn't read the bill).

This is not the first time Wilson has had to make public apologies for inaccurate things he's said, and probably not the last.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Wilson spoke his mind and gets beaten upon.
Unlike when as a group the Dems booed Bush during his speech.
............................................................................................
Now an ex-president ,who was the worst at his job, says something that is totally bonkers and untrue.
And no one sees that this is just another WH smoke screen. barry's failing at his job, so any way he can deflect people away from watching him is a plus.

tieguy

Banned
You may not agree, but it may be educational to read this diary at Daily Kos:

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2009/9/18/770228/-Racism-without-Racists:-The-Color-Blind-Code

It certainly brings up some discussion worthy points.

I couldn't find a dairy or a diary.

what I did find is another liberal effort to promote racism. Liberals are and allways have been the biggest racists out there.

If we did not have the liberal telling people of color to hate and mistrust the white race then we would probably all get along a lot better.

This article provides more proof of and demonstrates this liberal mindset.

fact check

what I did find is another liberal effort to promote racism. Liberals are and allways have been the biggest racists out there.

If we did not have the liberal telling people of color to hate and mistrust the white race then we would probably all get along a lot better.

Pretty much the expected response. One could almost believe it was a conditioned response.

From the diary:

Eduardo Bonilla-Silva, the leading and award-winning scholar on color-blind racism has a large body of work devoted to deciphering these new racial codes.What follows are what he describes as the central ideological frames that support the new racism

• ABSTRACT LIBERALISM – appeals politically to "equal opportunity" and economic individualism and "merit" (e.g. In the United States, success is primarily the result of individual merit and hard work; Regardless of race, class, gender or sexual orientation, all have equal opportunities to excel)

• NATURALIZATION – explains social phenomena as natural occurrences(e.g. Racial and economic segregation in neighborhoods and schools is natural and nothing to be concerned about; If my friends are of the same race as me it is simply because I find more in common with them)

• CULTURAL RACISM – reliance on cultural explanations for racial inequality (e.g. People of color could have more success if they had a better work ethic; People of color would have more success if they would try to speak standard English)

• MINIMIZATION OF RACISM – argument that discrimination no longer has a major impact on the life chances of people of color (e.g. Racial discrimination is no longer a major problem; People of color need to stop "playing the race card" whenever something goes wrong for them; Racism is the result of prejudiced individuals)

diesel96

This "Buds" for you Tieguy.....

Where are the white women at?

Now settled down, don't want your blood pressure going thru the roof...:happy-very:

tieguy

Banned
Pretty much the expected response. One could almost believe it was a conditioned response.

From the diary:

Eduardo Bonilla-Silva, the leading and award-winning scholar on color-blind racism has a large body of work devoted to deciphering these new racial codes.What follows are what he describes as the central ideological frames that support the new racism

• ABSTRACT LIBERALISM – appeals politically to "equal opportunity" and economic individualism and "merit" (e.g. In the United States, success is primarily the result of individual merit and hard work; Regardless of race, class, gender or sexual orientation, all have equal opportunities to excel)

• NATURALIZATION – explains social phenomena as natural occurrences(e.g. Racial and economic segregation in neighborhoods and schools is natural and nothing to be concerned about; If my friends are of the same race as me it is simply because I find more in common with them)

• CULTURAL RACISM – reliance on cultural explanations for racial inequality (e.g. People of color could have more success if they had a better work ethic; People of color would have more success if they would try to speak standard English)

• MINIMIZATION OF RACISM – argument that discrimination no longer has a major impact on the life chances of people of color (e.g. Racial discrimination is no longer a major problem; People of color need to stop "playing the race card" whenever something goes wrong for them; Racism is the result of prejudiced individuals)

Thats not a diary thats a desperate liberal trying to hold onto the racist card.

bbsam

Staff member
So racism either does still exist, or it does not still exist. I have heard noone yet suggest that it does not still exist, so assume for the sake of argument that it does. Then why would it be taboo to state that this racism is what is motivating some of the ridiculous claims that have percolated and now boil over into the evening news? Why is the "birther's" claim that Obama is not a citizen even considered after the Chief Justice of the United States Supreme Court swore him in not once, but twice? Who ever thought for a moment about asking to see any other president's birth certificate? Why would we? Not because he's a democrat. We've had those before. Not because his mom was from Kansas. That's one of our states. I'm straining a reason that does not suggest racism.

President Carter may have overstated the case. I believe racism has a part to do with this debate, but it is not worth the time or effort to try to change peoples minds about it. I will note however, that the liberals for the most part have disavowed themselves of Carter's statements. When is the RNC going to stop supporting the crazy statements made by it's extremists?

bbsam

Staff member
How do we get to the point when there is no "race card" to play? Maybe first we have to stop seeing politics as a game. Probably have to wait to have racism bred out of us. What a shame.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Racism exists. It will always exist. It's not just black & white........

RE: the president, it's his policy that I disagree with and speak against because he's stupid, not because he's black.

I hate it when Dems. won't talk about policy and immediately respond "you're a racist" as an answer to a legitimate question. I'm too old and too heavy to be walking on eggshells anymore. I will not be forced to be P.C. I am your worst nightmare....the exact opposite of Jeanine Garafolo!!

I will even walk into a public school and whisper a Hail Mary!! :wink2: