Jimmy Hoffa is hitting the campaign trail hard and being received very well.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You are beating a dead horse. I wish Hoffa/hall had negotiated a better pension for me, they have failed. We get $3900 a month in these parts. While I can retire this moment if I wish, I choose to make twice that by still enjoying my gravy route. I am continuing to research retirement options, I will go when I feel the time is right.

At what point do the milestone Years of Service awards stop?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Hoffa was in your city yesterday with one of your business agents. Could i possibly pm you the proof with a picture?

If you say he was here yesterday then I will take your word for it. I get text messages from Local 728 and they didn't mention his visit. I would like to see who he met with, I know my Local's leadership well. The President and BA's all come over to talk to me when they are in the building. We have a strong Local, I have known them for decades.

LeadBelly

Banned
If you say he was here yesterday then I will take your word for it. I get text messages from Local 728 and they didn't mention his visit. I would like to see who he met with, I know my Local's leadership well. The President and BA's all come over to talk to me when they are in the building. We have a strong Local, I have known them for decades.
Pm on the way

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

With 42 years in you are probably dealing with some of their children.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
They were at a UPS facility

We have four Hubs around Atlanta. The first one was where I started that is located off Fulton Industrial Blvd. Pleasantdale is the largest and located on the Northside. Roswell is near Corporate and thats where the new technology is tested. I work out of Forest Park below the airport. We also have a Gateway at the airport.

Last edited:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Pm on the way

Thanks for the pic, I know Eric. He is a Business Agent and Political Director for 728. He used to run the Local's website and he knows I mod Brown Cafe. I couldn't figure out which facility they were at. The last time I saw him at my Hub he was signing people up for DRIVE.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
At what point do the milestone Years of Service awards stop?

I don't know nor do I care. I'm not interested in breaking Marty Peter's 63 year record! I have access on UPS.com's milestone ordering link, I never look at it. We have several guys walking around with 30 year Circle of Honor patches and I saw a picture of a 50 year Circle of Honor patch. I didn't even get the cardboard plaque when I started 42 last week. Not much incentive from the company's part since the '97 strike. We used to get some nice prizes at one time.

LeadBelly

Banned
Thanks for the pic, I know Eric. He is a Business Agent and Political Director for 728. He used to run the Local's website and he knows I mod Brown Cafe. I couldn't figure out which facility they were at. The last time I saw him at my Hub he was signing people up for DRIVE.
I've had the pleasure of visiting your local for three days last year. You have some very dynamic speakers there. Very good guys that know how to find very good barbecue. They taught me a lot about right to work. Your local is huge and will go heavily for Hoffa.

LeadBelly

Banned
I don't know nor do I care. I'm not interested in breaking Marty Peter's 63 year record! I have access on UPS.com's milestone ordering link, I never look at it. We have several guys walking around with 30 year Circle of Honor patches and I saw a picture of a 50 year Circle of Honor patch. I didn't even get the cardboard plaque when I started 42 last week. Not much incentive from the company's part since the '97 strike. We used to get some nice prizes at one time.
You have 42 years safe driving.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I've had the pleasure of visiting your local for three days last year. You have some very dynamic speakers there. Very good guys that know how to find very good barbecue. They taught me a lot about right to work. Your local is huge and will go heavily for Hoffa.

I wish I had known you were in town, I could have shown you some even better BBQ spots! Randy our president used to drive in my Center. Jimmy H is amazing and I hope he gets the top spot one day.