job given away while on vacation

Hatch76

hi all,

so, i go on vacation and my "job" gets posted with different days off. no call from mgmt about this. i havent ca'led mgmt to inquire since im on vacation, glad i got a heads up from a co worker. several ppl bid on it, so im sure someone will take it. thoughts?

Purplepackage

hi all,

so, i go on vacation and my "job" gets posted with different days off. no call from mgmt about this. i havent ca'led mgmt to inquire since im on vacation, glad i got a heads up from a co worker. several ppl bid on it, so im sure someone will take it. thoughts?

Well a couple questions I assume your express and not ground?

But basically they can't do this, new policy states that only after 45 days out can they post your route for bid. I'd get on the phone with HR asap

Hatch76

thats the plan, but my offer letter is for a route that i ran 6 years ago, i have been moved to 3 different routes since then without them being bid

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Man, I've heard of lots of cheesy crap getting pulled at this outfit, but this one really rises to the top - or should I say - sinks to the bottom....

I would be raising hell.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Sounds like some spineless chickensh1t move by some manager who doesn't like you. Bad managers like that think everybody is a swing driver and they want people to do the job without the extra pay.

I'd get on the phone with HR soon as possible and send an email to the district manager if HR starts a song and dance about it.

hypo hanna

Sounds like some spineless chickensh1t move by some manager who doesn't like you. Bad managers like that think everybody is a swing driver and they want people to do the job without the extra pay.

I'd get on the phone with HR soon as possible and send an email to the district manager if HR starts a song and dance about it.
That's whit I was thinking. "Default swing driver".

ManInBrown

There is a driver in my center I have never met. Been out over 3 and half years on disability. His route is waiting for him when he returns

MAKAVELI

There is a driver in my center I have never met. Been out over 3 and half years on disability. His route is waiting for him when he returns
That almost never happens at Express. The company policy is now 45 days out and you lose your route. 90 days out and you are displaced.

barnyard

KTM rider

I covered a route for 3 years while the route holder was on comp. He eventually received a permanent restriction and his route was put up for bid. Sad day for me.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
yeah thats how ive been treated there for the longest. i've always felt like i was a oncall swing

Your story is ironic, because Express is supposed to be consistent in terms of policy. You are seeing first-hand how one station does it one way, and the station 20 miles away does it differently. Technically, P&P is the "Bible" on this, but since HR will almost always back management, they might be able to pull the "operational necessity" card and say that trumps notification policies.

You never know what they will do next. Best to find another job.

dezguy

That almost never happens at Express. The company policy is now 45 days out and you lose your route. 90 days out and you are displaced.
Depends on who you are. I've known people who have been out for over a year, one guy close to two years, who had their routes waiting for them when they came back. Others have to come back early, or before they're ready in order to not lose their route and end up being displaced.

There is rampant favouritism at this place.