Job-setup, work for free

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I never was jumped by a manager for doing that--and for the most part they knew. Actually I think it saved them the B.S. of having to put in the paperwork or make the phone call to payroll. I was always overallowed anyway so what's another 20 minutes.
I was always overallowed too for 25 years. and it wasn't intentional. I just used the methods and worked safe.

they didn't like it very much but as I pointed out time after time " no accidents or injuries in all these years. how can you argue with that?" and the real funny thing is the center manager tried to talk me out of retirement. ha ha

I am very proud of the fact that I did not compromise safety or my principles.

retired and happy , happy , happy.

Dr.Brownz

Troll thread. This guy has made this same thread several times and seems to comeback with more statements every time. Troll

Last edited by a moderator:

arice11

Troll thread. This guy has made this same thread several times and seems to comeback with more statements every time. Troll
Such blatant ignorance. I'm a real person asking for help in a real situation that no union-steward or supervisor cares about in my building. Not being paid for my time worked is not some frivolous topic. I simply reach out to learn from people who have experience.
It seems because I had a crush on a co-worker, suddenly everything I say regarding this job is irrelevant, that is not true. I am sincerely asking for help in keeping things safe, legal and drama-free, but then there are people like you who feel its better to project their own insecurities through cyber-bullying instead of lending a hand in my situation.
This SUP's idea of a PCM is telling us that we're all trespassing on his land and we should work for free. That is not how a UPS employee should act, and his behavior needs to be stopped. Just cause some driver sitting up on his high-horse thinks he's the bomb, doesn't mean that you demean the voice of someone who is legitimately asking for help.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
Such blatant ignorance. I'm a real person asking for help in a real situation that no union-steward or supervisor cares about in my building. Not being paid for my time worked is not some frivolous topic. I simply reach out to learn from people who have experience.
It seems because I had a crush on a co-worker, suddenly everything I say regarding this job is irrelevant, that is not true. I am sincerely asking for help in keeping things safe, legal and drama-free, but then there are people like you who feel its better to project their own insecurities through cyber-bullying instead of lending a hand in my situation.
This SUP's idea of a PCM is telling us that we're all trespassing on his land and we should work for free. That is not how a UPS employee should act, and his behavior needs to be stopped. Just cause some driver sitting up on his high-horse thinks he's the bomb, doesn't mean that you demean the voice of someone who is legitimately asking for help.

Don't ever work for free.

Do you still have a crush for sweetie?
Any movement on that front?

T

Turdferguson

giphy.gif

Sorry I am honor bound to post this after that last post

arice11

giphy.gif

Sorry I am honor bound to post this after that last post

Just proved my point that y'all are sociopaths with no common decency...well, at least a small sense of humor.
But I'm pretty sure if you were not paid for the hours you worked every week, you would not be very happy.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Just proved my point that y'all are sociopaths with no common decency...well, at least a small sense of humor.
But I'm pretty sure if you were not paid for the hours you worked every week, you would not be very happy.

The difference being none of us would have done it for more than one day before demanding that we be paid from the moment we start working.

T

Turdferguson

I said sorry first, doesn't that count?

arice11

The difference being none of us would have done it for more than one day before demanding that we be paid from the moment we start working.
You're right, but I'm not the only one in my building who has complained about it. But no matter how many times I approach someone in authority about it, the same thing happens they say "oh we will fix it for you"
then it never happens.
Which is why I'm honestly asking for advice on how to bring this nonsense to a closure. That's all I'm asking, yo

arice11

My advice to you and the other sheep in your herd is to collectively grow a set and stand up for yourselves.
Agreed!
So the question is...what action of testicular fortitude should I take?
the union-steward won't help, the SUP's lie and push us aside.
Shouldn't there be a watch-dog like group I could go to when a UPS hub has become so corrupt that it won't pay employees for time worked?

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
You're right, but I'm not the only one in my building who has complained about it. But no matter how many times I approach someone in authority about it, the same thing happens they say "oh we will fix it for you"
then it never happens.
Which is why I'm honestly asking for advice on how to bring this nonsense to a closure. That's all I'm asking, yo

Try not working before your start time.

How hard is that to understand?

arice11

Try not working before your start time.

How hard is that to understand?

Its not hard to understand. I maneuver around their games, this time it was my fellow employees who were being bullied into showing up extra early and not being paid. I see their confusion and disdain for such orders. But they still show up and work, technically for free. They shouldn't be pressured into doing that. Its not legal its not safe. Maybe I am trying too hard. I should just let the others work for free, but it nags at my conscious...we're suppose to be a union god-damnit. Not a chinese sweat shop.

PT Car Washer

Agreed!
So the question is...what action of testicular fortitude should I take?
the union-steward won't help, the SUP's lie and push us aside.
Shouldn't there be a watch-dog like group I could go to when a UPS hub has become so corrupt that it won't pay employees for time worked?
Go to your Union Business agent. He works for us and it is amazing what he can do with a couple phone calls when you are in the right. Get your co workers to call also and tell him about the Steward who thinks this is alright.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Its not hard to understand. I maneuver around their games, this time it was my fellow employees who were being bullied into showing up extra early and not being paid. I see their confusion and disdain for such orders. But they still show up and work, technically for free. They shouldn't be pressured into doing that. Its not legal its not safe. Maybe I am trying too hard. I should just let the others work for free, but it nags at my conscious...we're suppose to be a union god-damnit. Not a chinese sweat shop.
I mean this with all seriousness and absolutely no sarcasm....

You have complained about your lack of effective union representation. Have you called your local Union hall to voice your concerns? And would you consider becoming a shop steward yourself? It sounds like you have the willingness to stand up for yourself, as well as a genuine concern for the well-being of your co-workers. That's 90% of what it takes to be an effective steward right there.

clean hairy

Original post states you are required to report 15 minutes ahead of start time and work, or sometihng to effect.
So, if you show up 5 min before start time, will you marked as late?
Each time you do not show up 15 min early and are marked as late is another grievance.
Enough grievances and they might get the message.