Job Summit -- Obama is Funny !!

island1fox

:happy2:In a very "Hostile" business environment Obama lectures business leaders of surviving and "shrinking" to the economy.
Informs them that He cannot continue to make government jobs because the money has run out.
With all Business --Large -Mid and Small facing growing tax rates,higher benefit expense,cap and trade and card check --He would like to know their ideas on increasing Jobs in the "private" sector.
He left the meeting -told them to split into small groups and he would come back to hear the solutions.
He continues to show he is an empty suit--no leadership skills,lacks all business acumen and sadly acts like a clown with a good telepromter!!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
:happy2:In a very "Hostile" business environment Obama lectures business leaders of surviving and "shrinking" to the economy.
Informs them that He cannot continue to make government jobs because the money has run out.
With all Business --Large -Mid and Small facing growing tax rates,higher benefit expense,cap and trade and card check --He would like to know their ideas on increasing Jobs in the "private" sector.
He left the meeting -told them to split into small groups and he would come back to hear the solutions.
He continues to show he is an empty suit--no leadership skills,lacks all business acumen and sadly acts like a clown with a good telepromter!!

ISLAND,

another FAUX "word for word" recreation of events. Too bad its not true.

I saw this same "text" repeated on FAUX this morning. Sad that you and the other FAUX robots continue to show your an "empty brain" and have to solely listen to "pre-concieved" distortions to convince yourself that you are informed.

Try actually reading about the summit and its realities.

:peaceful:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Continue to make jobs ??

Continue to make jobs ??

Continue to make jobs ??

Continue to make jobs ??

What? Where? Not even Vinnie can get a job !!

island1fox

Moreluck,
Did you mean Klein cannot get a job ?:wink2:

P.S. All the hype in the news this morning over less jobs lost in November.
Wake up --like the 50,000 UPS hired in November preparing for Peak ----they will all be gone in Jan +++ others.
The only employment increase in Nov is seasonal for the Holiday period.

diesel96

Buy your reporting that November's job loss rate as just "Hype"....How is a decrease in job loss, a bad thing ? Are you upset over positive news ? Is it a speedbump or a hiccup towards Obama's road to failure ?....You see, the average person feels 700,000 jobs lost per month when Obama took over from republicans to November's numbers is a significant gain, or maybe you just can't bring yourself to this realization ? Who's the hostile one here ?

Job Losses Beat Estimates, ‘U6’ Falls to 17.2

by Meteor Blades

Fri Dec 04, 2009 at 06:23:08 AM PST

With one possible exception, nobody came close to correctly predicting the surprisingly low job losses for November reported by the Bureau of Labor Statistics today. The non-farm payroll fell just 11,000, the best results in 22 months, and the official "U3" rate fell to 10% from last month’s 10.2%. Experts had predicted the rate would hold steady and that anywhere from 50,000 to 150,000 jobs would be lost. The ‘U6’ unemployment rate, an alternative BLS measure that includes discouraged workers and part-time workers who want full-time jobs, fell 3 points to 17.2 percent.

In the run-up to Friday’s announcement, economists and other analysts caught a case of the heebie-jeebies because, statistically speaking, it was another mixed week for the economy.
On the one hand, auto sales were at 10.93 million, the best performance since October 2008. The four-week running average for unemployment benefits fell to 481,000, the best results in a year. The Federal Reserve Board reported in its beige book that economic activity had "improved modestly" in all 12 Federal Reserve districts since its previous report. The ISM manufacturing employment index clocked in at 50.8, down 2.3 percentage points from October, but still in positive territory.
On the other hand, those car sales were still were extremely low. The much-watched ISM report on services slipped to 48.7, suggesting that the non-manufacturing sector had contracted last month, after two months of expansion. Employment in non-manufacturing fell for the 22nd time in 23 months, the ISM report stated. Goldman-Sachs predicted that the unemployment peak would not occur until mid-2011. The ADP report, a private assessment of job loss, came in at 169,000 for the month. And Paul Krugman warned of a growing possibility of a "W"-shaped recession, the much-feared "double-dip."
Given all this, many analysts said that worries about today’s BLS report was what drove the Dow down Thursday.
The BLS report also noted:
• In a much-watched calculation indicative of improvement, the average workweek for production and non-supervisory workers rose to 33.2 hours.
• The number of long-term jobless (27 weeks or longer) rose 293,000 to 5.9 million, some 38.3% of the total who are unemployed
• The U3 rate by gender: men – 10.5%; women – 7.9%. By race: whites – 9.3%; Asian Americans – 7.3%; African Americans – 15.6%; Latinos – 12.7%. The teenage rate (aged 16-19): 26.7%
• Hiring of temporary seasonal workers increased by 52,000.
• September job losses were revised from 219,000 to 139,000, and the losses for November were revised from 190,000 to 111,000.
• The Labor force participation rate sank to 65% in November. The employment to population ratio remained steady at 58.5%.
EmploymentPercentJobLossesNov.jpg

Click for larger version of this Calculated Risk graphic.
Today’s BLS report suggests the possibility that December could show a net positive in job growth, which would be the first such gain in two years. Welcome news to the 8 million who have lost jobs during that period. But without another stimulus, most analysts believe overall job growth will remain tepid throughout most or all of 2010.

tieguy

Banned
Buy your reporting that November's job loss rate as just "Hype"....How is a decrease in job loss, a bad thing ? Are you upset over positive news ? Is it a speedbump or a hiccup towards Obama's road to failure .

Market was all over the board today as there are apparently many skeptics.

Applying your previous argument I would assume that you're giving Bush the credit for any positive news since you've decided to blame him for the negative items for the next four years?:peaceful:

island1fox

ISLAND,

another FAUX "word for word" recreation of events. Too bad its not true.

I saw this same "text" repeated on FAUX this morning. Sad that you and the other FAUX robots continue to show your an "empty brain" and have to solely listen to "pre-concieved" distortions to convince yourself that you are informed.

Try actually reading about the summit and its realities.

:peaceful:

Hey Other side,
What planet are you on? I listened to Obama directly. His words came out of his mouth as he read his telepromter.
"Empty brain" --thats real mature --you sound like another Liberal rocket scientist .

tieguy

Banned
Expect a second stimulus package coming under the guise of job creation. Cost estimated at 70 billion dollars. Paid for with money paid back from banks. The level at which the Obama administration throws money around on useless government programs is ungodly.

diesel96

Market was all over the board today as there are apparently many skeptics.

Applying your previous argument I would assume that you're giving Bush the credit for any positive news since you've decided to blame him for the negative items for the next four years?:peaceful:

Apparently, realizing Reagon-nomics, de-regulation and greed was a formula for failure, Bush, on his last limp leg, felt very guilty and dirty upon introducing TARP bailouts, but he and his cronies knew, that's what had to be done, realizing if they were to adhere to their fake base principles of fiscal spending and not resuscitate the financial markets, a great depression of epic proportions was eminent. I'll give Bush credit for that, however both Bush and Obama should have foreseen bonuses for failures was being abused with tax payers monies.

Diesel96,
Do you know the difference ----a hostile person vs---a hostile business environment ?

Islandfox, for a so called Independent, your hostilities (personal and politically) have been so over the top anti-Obama/Dem policies and your hostilities towards the right has been as soft as fluffy down pillows.
It's ok, just admit it like a man.
I admit it, I'm hostile towards the previous Adm, Fox News, Conservative Talk Radio, and the far right in general. In fact, the moderators would cencor the heck out of me if I posted what I really thought of them.
So, the answer is yes, I know the difference when somebody calls the President a Clown in an Empty suit is personably hostile. And IMO when making questionable unfounded claims about raising taxes and benefit cost among small business is hostile toward policies dealing with the business enviroment.
Sorry, but contorting mis-information 99% of the time from republican talking heads that's obvisously purely specuclative arguements and echoing them as facts on this board will be challenged and shall be deemed as a hostile acts towards anyone questioning Conservative idealogy.
Nothing personal, I enjoy the bantor. Hope you do too. :peaceful:
In fact, I learn a great deal in Current Events, checking and verifying facts and claims, and keeping up with contemporary events.

Over a year since the election and now he cares about unemployment? What a joke.

Here's another joke, the party of "NO" continusly fillerbustering and intentionally attempting to bogged down Gov't progress and bi-partisanship for political purposes, hurting the general public simply to re-gain power positions in 2010 and 2012...
Jobs loss has made significant gain losses from 700,000 in Feb to Nov as the chart shows. What's the joke ? It's positive baby steps forward, not backward. You just can't allow yourself to give credit where credit is due. I choose to go thru life as a optimist, not a pessimist. Is the glass is half full :happy2: or half empty :dissapointed: for you ?

tieguy

Banned
Apparently, realizing Reagon-nomics, de-regulation and greed was a formula for failure, Bush, on his last limp leg, felt very guilty and dirty upon introducing TARP bailouts, but he and his cronies knew, that's what had to be done, realizing if they were to adhere to their fake base principles of fiscal spending and not resuscitate the financial markets, a great depression of epic proportions was eminent. I'll give Bush credit for that, however both Bush and Obama should have foreseen bonuses for failures was being abused with tax payers monies.

Using your logic Obama is cleaning up clintons mess and Bush is no longer in the equation.

Apparently, realizing Reagon-nomics, de-regulation and greed was a formula for failure,
In 1992 you needed a minimum down payment on a house that you could not borrow (from a bank or a relative) In 1999 you could borrow the down payment and finance up 125% of the value. I don't think you can blame Reagan for that.
Bush, on his last limp leg, felt very guilty and dirty upon introducing TARP bailouts, but he and his cronies knew, that's what had to be done, realizing if they were to adhere to their fake base principles of fiscal spending and not resuscitate the financial markets, a great depression of epic proportions was eminent. I'll give Bush credit for that, however both Bush and Obama should have foreseen bonuses for failures was being abused with tax payers monies.

This spending argument "look what Reagan did, or look what Bush did" is getting quit old and childish.

Islandfox, for a so called Independent, your hostilities (personal and politically) have been so over the top anti-Obama/Dem policies and your hostilities towards the right has been as soft as fluffy down pillows.
It's ok, just admit it like a man.
I admit it, I'm hostile towards the previous Adm, Fox News, Conservative Talk Radio, and the far right in general. In fact, the moderators would cencor the heck out of me if I posted what I really thought of them.
So, the answer is yes, I know the difference when somebody calls the President a Clown in an Empty suit is personably hostile. And IMO when making questionable unfounded claims about raising taxes So we won't see any tax increases? and benefit cost among small business is hostile toward policies dealing with the business enviroment.
Sorry, but contorting mis-information 99% of the time from republican talking heads that's obvisously purely specuclative arguements and echoing them as facts on this board will be challenged and shall be deemed as a hostile acts towards anyone questioning Conservative idealogy.
Nothing personal, I enjoy the bantor. Hope you do too. :peaceful:
In fact, I learn a great deal in Current Events, checking and verifying facts and claims, and keeping up with contemporary events.

Here's another joke, the party of "NO" continusly fillerbustering and intentionally attempting to bogged down Gov't progress (This is your opinion not fact) and bi-partisanship for political purposes, hurting the general public simply to re-gain power positions in 2010 and 2012...
Jobs loss has made significant gain losses from 700,000 in Feb to Nov as the chart shows. What's the joke ? It's positive baby steps forward, not backward. You just can't allow yourself to give credit where credit is due. I choose to go thru life as a optimist, not a pessimist. Is the glass is half full :happy2: or half empty :dissapointed: for you ?

You are a fool if you don't think Obama helped in the shedding of jobs. Coming out basically saying the sky was falling. Just where do you see job growth? (not just less bad losses) I will give credit when we see job gains. As of now, my only hope for gains comes from businesses overshooting layoffs as the maket overshot it's lows.

tieguy

Banned

This issue has a little mirth material with it too. Obama came in with all kinds of ideas on how he was going to create jobs. When the numbers got worse he then held a job summit to get ideas on how to create jobs. He then went back on the campaign trail and held another one of the many endless townhall meetings to tell people in Allentown that he was fixing to fix the jobs issue. Is it me or does it look like Obama acts like he is still on the campaign trail. Someone should tell him to he has won and can now stop all the BS townhall meetings.

The whole concept of government creating non-government jobs is hilarious. The only thing he can reasonably do is reduce the regulatory and tax burdens on business and then get out of the way.

The good news is he kept 30,000 troops from being added to the list of the unemployed. :rofl:

mitt romney said on cnn today that we have more people unemployed today than we did during the great depression....Is that true ol' great one diesel?

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Percentage wise Mitt would be way off with 25% unemployed during the Great Depression and 10% currently.

Pure numbers wise Mitt would be correct as there are currently 15.4 million people unemployed now and a peak of 13.5 million during the depression.:peaceful:

BLS

diesel96

You are a fool if you don't think Obama helped in the shedding of jobs. Coming out basically saying the sky was falling. Just where do you see job growth? (not just less bad losses) I will give credit when we see job gains. As of now, my only hope for gains comes from businesses overshooting layoffs as the maket overshot it's lows.

mitt romney said on cnn today that we have more people unemployed today than we did during the great depression....Is that true ol' great one diesel?

Percentage wise Mitt would be way off with 25% unemployed during the Great Depression and 10% currently.

1989...Only a fool would post this figure when you compare cencus figures of the early thirties to today as Tony is expressing to you.

Now, instead of acknowledging, as leading economists and the independent CBO have, that the President's Recovery Act rescued this country's economy from the brink of disaster and has already saved or created 1.6 million jobs, Republican leaders like Mitt Romney and Eric Cantor are now offering plans that are nothing more than a dirty laundry list of the failed Bush-era economic policies that nearly destroyed our economy in the first place. Mitt Romney's allegiance to Bush economics is one policy position he'd do well to flip-flop on.
Keep perscribing that the smartest guys in the room are the guys who got us in this economic mess.