Job Transfering

mlgsavestheday

I am currently employed with UPS as a part-time package handler, and have been for about 3 years. I desperately need a full-time job, and there are none offered at my location unless you are a driver (which takes a long time to become one). I really want to stay at UPS, but only if I could work full-time. Today I saw a job posting on UPS.com for a full-time warehouse associate position at a different location (since they do not offer this position at my location). I was wondering if it is difficult to get transfered from a part-time package handler to a full-time warehouse associate? Can anyone help with answers?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You've been at your center 3 years. You should know a few people well enough to ask around. Being here 3 years u should know the answer though too.

mlgsavestheday

I'm going to ask. Just seems like everytime I ask them something they never know the answer, or take weeks to figure it out (by that point the position could be gone) so I thought I'd ask on here to see if anyone has had a similar experience. Also, I don't know the answer because nobody I have worked with has tried to leave for another UPS position from part-time to full-time, and the supervisors don't really share this information with us because it never comes up.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
If it's supply chain solutions, everything is different. It's not under the same contracts as ours if they're even union at all...not sure about that. I do know it's a different ballgame though. Good luck!

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
You really need to contact HR. If it's a full-time inside job like yours, it earns the same top rate as the drivers ($32/hr, roughly)... and will likely end up going to somebody who's been with the company for many, many years. There are few of these jobs remaining, and they're very competitive. If it's a job within a different aspect of UPS, you need to speak with HR about making a change (if they'll let you do it).

My suggestion: get a second job & stick it out, or quit and find work elsewhere.