Jobs making good money?

eiknx

From what I now right now with high school diploma you can:
Dispatch semi trucks, for big companies: make from $800-$1,000 a week if you can cover 12-13 semi trucks daily.
Work at Fedex Ground (where I work right now): make $750 a week.
Restaurant servers: double shifts, some weeks ****, some weeks up to $900 in 5 days 40 hours!

Put your reply of what you know! I think this would give all of us wider idea of whats out there!
or if you are studying what you going for!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We talking net or gross income here.

Last paycheck was almost $2200 cleared about $1400.

Lineman 100k a year. Under water welder around 100k. It's late I'm tired but the list goes on and on.

ocnewguy

Loading boxes- $150 a week :happy-very:

I'm studying for my accounting degree personally...what I plan on doing with it I'm not sure. I DO know that i have no intention of going big-4. Those guys get used, abused, and used some more fresh out of school. All for 50-60k, no bennies no holidays nothing. I'd like to stay small-business, maybe a local bank.

eiknx

Its a week total with taxes. Im interested in studying accounting too maybe even cpa. Economy either good or bad they will still need their data. Will see.

barnyard

KTM rider
Engineer for 1 of the big 5 railroads, working on the extra board = $125k/year

Off shore oilrig welder is in the same ballpark.

UPSGUY72

You need to account for benefits in those jobs that make "good money" most jobs you pay for your benefits if you get any at all.

bumped

Exotic dancers...no high school diploma needed. Your pay is determined by how attractive you are and what you are willing to do.

bluehdmc

Exotic dancers...no high school diploma needed. Your pay is determined by how attractive you are and what you are willing to do.

I guess this one is out for me, I'm ugly, willing to do most anything though. Hey, it's only kinky the first time :devil3:

Besides, I don't think any dancing "skills" are needed.

moreluck

golden ticket member
From Dept. of Labor '09

Surgeons $219,770
Anesthesiologists $211,750
Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons $210,710
Orthodontists $206,190
Obstetricians & Gynecologists $204,470
Internists - General $183,990
Physicians & Surgeons, Other $173,860
Family & General Practitioners $168,550
Chief Executives $167,280

Gee, some dockworkers make more than surgeons!!!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
From Dept. of Labor '09

Surgeons $219,770
Anesthesiologists $211,750
Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons $210,710
Orthodontists $206,190
Obstetricians & Gynecologists $204,470
Internists - General $183,990
Physicians & Surgeons, Other $173,860
Family & General Practitioners $168,550
Chief Executives $167,280

Gee, some dockworkers make more than surgeons!!!

One more year and my wife will be in category #2. Many of her classmates husbands are lawyers and engineers and such. They have no idea how we afford what we do since I'm only a ups driver.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
One more year and my wife will be in category #2. Many of her classmates husbands are lawyers and engineers and such. They have no idea how we afford what we do since I'm only a ups driver.

I know 2 anesthesiologists and they both make over $500,000 per year (before they pay for their malpractice insurance).

Let us know in a couple years how you like being a "kept" man.

gingerkat

Loading boxes- $150 a week :happy-very:

I'm studying for my accounting degree personally...what I plan on doing with it I'm not sure. I DO know that i have no intention of going big-4. Those guys get used, abused, and used some more fresh out of school. All for 50-60k, no bennies no holidays nothing. I'd like to stay small-business, maybe a local bank.
I hate to tell you this, but all firms big and small are going to work you like a dog, especially when you are studying for exams. In a smaller firm you usually work harder/more hours. In the big 4, they often designate you to a specific area and you stick to it or you choose to do taxation from the get go whereas smaller or midrange firms will have you do audits in the day and then make you work taxes at night. I don't know where you plan on getting $50-60 out of school, even with a masters it's much lower to start.

Just sayin'