jobs that pays 28$an hr!!!!

Overpaid Union Thug

Calling someone a donkey is light hearted humor.
There are plenty of viscous words that could have been used instead. If I was really trying to be uncivil.

Yeah.....right. So I should probably be able to call our dispatch sup a donkey next time EDD has jacked because it is only "light hearted humor"????? LOL!

Overpaid Union Thug

:scared:Donkey is not a bad word ....could have used much stronger names BC (not Burro Chaser)

It's not the degee of name calling that's the issue. It's the fact that VT seems to think he can tell others what they should think or believe. How does he know people aren't going to vote no because of the money? He doesn't. Consider that and you can see why it's rediculous to call someone a donkey based on his own personal opinion about the proposed contract....no matter how light hearted the tone. Myself....the money isn't a big deal since we are already paid pretty well but I'm not going to act like that belief is scripture and hound other that want more.

Overpaid Union Thug

I tend to call mine the stupidest son of a buddy* on the planet. It's my pet name for him.

For the most part ours is pretty kick ass. Except on Fridays. I guess that explains why preloaders tend to put out crappier loads on fridays. If the dispatch sup takes friday off (even though he is at work) then why shouldn't they follow his lead? lol

mittam

I tend to call mine the stupidest son of a buddy* on the planet. It's my pet name for him.

We go by the Forrest Gump line "stupid is as stupid does" when it comes to dispatch. They really don't like it at all. Matter of fact we were told it is slanderous and not to say it anymore.

blue efficacy

This thread makes a good point. There aren't a lot of similar jobs that pay $28 bucks an hour. But many full timers still want more, and don't care if Part Timers get less than they've ever had, adjusted for inflation.

Be grateful you make as good a wage as you do, and be grateful your gravy wages are subsidized by underpaid new hires working hard for close to minimum wage!

705red

Browncafe Steward
My god...there is nothing wrong with the GPS Language.

If your not breaking from policy. You will not get in trouble.
We have fought for years to keep discipline from technology out and this is the first step to eliminate it. If management has a problem with what we are doing have them do some research and run the route, but this allows them to sit in the office and use it to terminate someone.

Damok

We have fought for years to keep discipline from technology out and this is the first step to eliminate it. If management has a problem with what we are doing have them do some research and run the route, but this allows them to sit in the office and use it to terminate someone.

I understand you're being "pre-emptive" not wanting the language in but wouldn't abuses of the language, which is what I assume you're worried about, be "grieveable"?

satellitedriver

Red,
How is it different that technology shows a driver is miles off his route and parked somewhere after taking their lunch/break and being disciplined for it, or having a sup "run upon" the driver doing the exact same thing?
Since the company is paying their salary, the company has the right to know what the employee is doing and where they are doing it.
It is the same in all business's. In factories, you have floor walkers. On the dock, you have the boss looking out the window, ect....
Technology should be encouraged. That way a driver could point out the flaws of a route to their sup.
PAX

tieguy

Banned

The terms for using this technology are limited. What it does is provide us a means to use technology when someone is doing something dishonest. Those who go out and honestly run their route have nothing to worry about.

The terms for using this technology are limited. What it does is provide us a means to use technology when someone is doing something dishonest. Those who go out and honestly run their route have nothing to worry about.

true

I don't trust GPS technology. I can be delivering to correct add and GPS in DIAD is beeping that I am at the wrong address. That is one reason why company should not be able to dicispline based on GPS information. Language needs removed or improved!

govols019

You smell that?
I had 22 stops in a row last Wednesday that said I was at the wrong location.

I called my on-car and he said not to worry about it. It has happened to several other drivers as well.

So yeah, the language in the contract bothers me.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Red,
How is it different that technology shows a driver is miles off his route and parked somewhere after taking their lunch/break and being disciplined for it, or having a sup "run upon" the driver doing the exact same thing?
Since the company is paying their salary, the company has the right to know what the employee is doing and where they are doing it.
It is the same in all business's. In factories, you have floor walkers. On the dock, you have the boss looking out the window, ect....
Technology should be encouraged. That way a driver could point out the flaws of a route to their sup.
PAX
Satelite, comparing us to other employment is a little unfair. We being union members are just cause employees as most of who you speak of are at will. If someone is stealing than so be it, fire them but using technology as the sole proof as unthinkable. Now management can sit back and never leave the office in order to terminate, if your willing to cost someone their lively hood at least have the stones to investiagte and see it with your own eyes.