Jobs

moreluck

golden ticket member
sack.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
Weekly jobless claims RISE by 10,000 !!! The summer of recovery continues on ??? (Borders closing......Goldman Sachs to lay off 0f 1000....someone else announced a 10,000 person layoff, forget who)

Babagounj

Strength through joy
[h=2]Coal Mine Operator Ronnie Bryant Goes Galt[/h]
“My name’s Ronnie Bryant, and I’m a mine operator…. I’ve been issued a [state] permit in the recent past for [waste water] discharge, and after standing in this room today listening to the comments being made by the people…. [pause] Nearly every day without fail — I have a different perspective — men stream to these [mining] operations looking for work in Walker County [Alabama].
They can’t pay their mortgage.
They can’t pay their car note.
They can’t feed their families.
They don’t have health insurance.
And as I stand here today, I just … you know … what’s the use?
I got a permit to open up an underground coal mine that would employ probably 125 people.
They’d be paid wages from $50,000 to $150,000 a year.
We would consume probably $50 million to $60 million in consumables a year, putting more men to work.
And my only idea today is to go home.
What’s the use? I don’t know.
I mean, I see these guys — I see them with tears in their eyes — looking for work.
And if there’s so much opposition to these guys making a living, I feel like there’s no need in me putting out the effort to provide work for them.
So as I stood against the wall here today, basically what I’ve decided is not to open the mine.
I’m just quitting
Thank you.”

klein

Für Meno :)
Well, MOreluck, you can kiss all job creation good-bye until this debt ceiling crises has been solved permantly, and not just for 6 mths as YOUR party wants it to go.

moreluck

golden ticket member
In case you haven't noticed, we've been kissing job creation goodbye since Obama took office. He hasn't a clue. Although he hasn't called you yet, so there's still hope for some change.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
bhos' buddy at GE is moving jobs to China, along with Boston Scientific ,both while shutting down USA operations.
These are well paying medical equipment jobs. And bhos says nothing.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Also since Congress hasn't passed a budget for the FAA since 2007, they too have shutdown all construction projects and can not collect $200 million in airline ticket fees, and still bhos says nothing.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Also since Congress hasn't passed a budget for the FAA since 2007, they too have shutdown all construction projects and can not collect $200 million in airline ticket fees, and still bhos says nothing.

Yes, but I was able to tune in to C-SPAN and I saw Obama & Reid hard at work discussing the different options to making the very best bill possible taking in to account exactly what the American people want...............oh wait, that was a dream I had this afternoon....nevermind!

The only thing transparent I see everyday is my leftovers in Glad Wrap!!

JustTired

free at last.......
Well.....I see that the nations problems are being solved here in the same fashion that they are on the hill.

two words....again.......

ONE TERM! (for any politically held office) Someone got a better idea?