Joe Nameth sued.....

ups1990

Say it ain't so Joe. The other day while making a delivery to a house. The people there had the family dog loose and began bite me on my achilles heel and they did nothing to stop the animal. Although it was a small dog, nevertheless it was annoying. Are people stupid and waiting for a criminal and or civil suit?

well, now, we may be jumping to conclusions without all the facts. I think if anyone enters a closed yard with signs warning " Beware of Dog" and they are bitten, it's on them not the dog or owner.

I don't know any details of this incident, but I am sure it is well documented. If this is just a case of the dogs being loose, then I agree the injured man should get bunches and bunches of moola.

moreluck

golden ticket member
It's usually 99 and 99/100 % dog owners at fault!!...signs or no signs! The owner is always responsible for controlling their animals.

rod

Retired 22 years
It's usually 99 and 99/100 % dog owners at fault!!...signs or no signs! The owner is always responsible for controlling their animals.

There seems to be a past history of mean dogs at this place. I wonder if they were wearing pantyhose

moreluck

golden ticket member
I muzzle my 9 lb. dog to trim her nails.....otherwise she'll bite me. The "hose" material is soft and doesn't hurt them as long as it's not tied too tight. She hates to have her paws touched.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
bottom line; you order stuff to be delivered, that action on your part gives us the right to enter your property to fufill our duty. it is encumbent on the owners part not to allow hazzards on their property to the delivery man.

joe is in trouble.

d

Johney

Tequesta is delivered out of our building and the funny thing is no one has ever heard of this guy "David Gunter" he may have been a helper I guess but there is no way he was a full time driver.

I GOT ONE MORE

bottom line; you order stuff to be delivered, that action on your part gives us the right to enter your property to fufill our duty. it is encumbent on the owners part not to allow hazzards on their property to the delivery man.

joe is in trouble.

d

The term is ......

"privileged trespasser".

Like a fireman, postman, policeman, Santa Claus, etc......

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
15 grand? is that all?

i would figure that the lawyer would cost more than that.

joe, settle out of court, other wise it will cost a ton more, and your dogs will have a second strike against them.

i figure if the guy has had that many surgeries, and has not worked in two years because of the injuries, it would be more like 150 grand or more.

d

joe is in trouble.

d
That may be true, however God gave me enough common sense to NOT go into a enclosed yard sporting signs of, "Beware of Dogs" regardless if they ordered something to be delivered.