Joining the Union now or wait after the year?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Bull:censored2: dave, .1 you were never a PT'r and have no idea of what goes on between insiders and management before your start time. .2 if you plan to make a career of this why would you hold off until your FT?

'Cuz you are wasting money as a PTer by joining the Union, especially if you are an employee who shows up to work every day, on time, does a good job and keeps your mouth shut.

The Union doesn't give a :censored2: about the PTers. You know it....I know it....everyone on this forum knows it.

HardknocksUPSer

'Cuz you are wasting money as a PTer by joining the Union, especially if you are an employee who shows up to work every day, on time, does a good job and keeps your mouth shut.

The Union doesn't give a :censored2: about the PTers. You know it....I know it....everyone on this forum knows it.
Why would I not contribute to my future as a Ft employee?

HardknocksUPSer

How many PT employees are there as opposed to FT employees? I suppose the union just doesn't give a :censored2: if every single PT employees quit paying their dues right? Wrong. Pennies make dimes and dimes makes dollars.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

How many PT employees are there as opposed to FT employees? I suppose the union just doesn't give a :censored2: if every single PT employees quit paying their dues right? Wrong. Pennies make dimes and dimes makes dollars.

You said it yourself----the only time they care about the PTers is when they collect their dues.

Caring about their members is much more than collecting their dues.

HardknocksUPSer

What if something happens that derails those plans? Do you think the Union will refund any of the dues that you have paid each and every month?

The Union serves the FTers and thanks the PTers for their contributions.
Like what? I have a promising job every single day as long as I don't steal anything, fail a drug test, or lie. You know why? Because a union. I have no problem with giving the union $5.50 of my money a week for benefits, raises, and fair representation. I talk to my BA fairly often due to the fact I'm in a RTW state it's a honor to have a union, contract, and a organization that allows me to tell my employer how I really feel instead of being a suck ass so he doesn't fire me. PT or FT either way it doesn't matter a union is important. Do you honestly believe the company would have as many full time jobs without a union? It's the job of part timers to vote and organize to ensure we will receive a full time job. I don't buy what your saying for a second dave. You were never a PT employee and shouldn't have an opinion on the matter of a PT employee being a union member. I encourage every new employee that walks in the door of my center to join.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Don't throw that "you were never a PTer" :censored2: in my face. I have more paid time in the restroom than you have on the job so I'm pretty sure I know what the hell I am talking about.

If given the choice (RTW), it is a waste of money for a PTer to join the union.

J

jibbs

So, I read pages 1 and 2 before I got fed up with the attitude a lot of you FTers have towards PTers. So we're leeches, apparently.

I sure hope none of the fools that've aired their opinions in this thread are one of the drivers I load for on Monday.... Doubtful but, you know... it's always nice to put pissy drivers in their place with backwards, crisscrossing, irregs-on-the-top-shelf-while-the-entire-top-shelf's-mixed-with-F1-through-RDL kinds of loads for a week or two until they quit they're bitchin'.

barnyard

KTM rider
it's always nice to put pissy drivers in their place with backwards, crisscrossing, irregs on the top shelf while the entire top shelf's on the floor kinds of loads for a week or two until they quit they're bitchin'.

So normal load.

Gotcha.

HardknocksUPSer

Don't throw that "you were never a PTer" :censored2: in my face. I have more paid time in the restroom than you have on the job so I'm pretty sure I know what the hell I am talking about.

If given the choice (RTW), it is a waste of money for a PTer to join the union.
Maybe so, however Is your supervisor breathing down your back pushing production on you while your in the bathroom taking a :censored2:? Didn't think so. Being a teamster gives me the option to tell my sups to leave my work area when their talking production :censored2:. Guess what would happen if I did that at any other job? Bye dave.

HardknocksUPSer

So, I read pages 1 and 2 before I got fed up with the attitude a lot of you FTers have towards PTers. So we're leeches, apparently.

I sure hope none of the fools that've aired their opinions in this thread are one of the drivers I load for on Monday.... Doubtful but, you know... it's always nice to put pissy drivers in their place with backwards, crisscrossing, irregs-on-the-top-shelf-while-the-entire-top-shelf's-mixed-with-F1-through-RDL kinds of loads for a week or two until they quit they're bitchin'.
I throw the hand trucks on the top shelf against the wall, and bury it when their bitching about something I cannot control.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
If that's what you want to think.

I used to pity the things you drivers across the country go through, but now that I see how you feel about the people that work inside..... :censored2:, man, you guys kind of deserve the :censored2:.
image.jpg