Jordan carries out air strikes in Iraq, killing 55 IS militants

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Jordan carries out air strikes in Iraq, killing 55 IS militants - i24

Strike comes just hours after Amman vowed to step up role in US-led coalition against jihadists

The Jordanian air force carried out air strikes against Islamic State targets in Mosul, killing 55 including a top IS commander known as the "Prince of Nineveh," Iraqi media reported Wednesday.

The strikes came just hours after Jordan's King Abdullah II vowed a "severe" response to IS after it burned alive a Jordanian fighter pilot captured in Syria.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
It seems like icees has finally ticked off someone who will respond in the same fashion. Good for the Jordanians. Take the fight to these schmucks. Go kidnap and burn their family members alive, let's give them a taste of their own medicine.

Glad their leader has more stones than the dufus who lives on Pennsylvania Avenue

fishtm2001

Now if "we" could only stop Saudi Arabia from funding ISIL, then we might stand a chance of stopping them.

TOS.
While I'm no fan of the Saudis, ISIS has been very critical of the royal family and has been stirring up the disgruntled Sunni population there. They would not be interested in funding ISIS.
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/29/o...isis-militants-are-flush-with-funds.html?_r=0
Now if "we" could only stop Saudi Arabia from funding ISIL, then we might stand a chance of stopping them.

TOS.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Didnt that dufus on Penn ave already start 2 failed wars against terrorists?

Wars? What wars has he started? He somewhat bombs eye sees here and there, any leader who was SERIOUS about getting these SOB's would bomb the living hell out of them. We all know where they're hiding (in plain sight), so EITHER carpet bomb the whole town, OR send in trained killers, round up EVERYBODY (Men, Women, kids) and execute them all.

We should just cut their heads off, no need to waste bullets on these pukes.

Two Americans were beheaded by these MUSLIM terrorist cowards, and Obama "in response" releases gitmo detainees. They execute one Jordanian, and the king is already pummeling them after executing 2 criminals he had.

THAT'S what a leader does.

Hang the punks in Gitmo, and bomb the hell out of Raqqa (or however it's spelled), and they're done. Repeat with the next "cool terrorist group"

Sportello

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/02/05/us-mideast-crisis-jordan-qaeda-idUSKBN0L92GE20150205

(Reuters) - Jordanian authorities released an imprisoned spiritual leader linked to al Qaeda, Sheikh Abu Mohammad al-Maqdisi, on Thursday, a security source said.

There was no immediate announcement of the reason for his release two days after the al Qaeda offshoot Islamic State issued a video showing a captive Jordanian pilot being burned alive.

But another security source told Reuters Maqdisi was expected to denounce the immolation of the Jordanian pilot Mouath al-Kasaesbeh as against "faith values".

The self-taught intellectual was seen as the spiritual guide of al Qaeda's late leader in Iraq, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, but later disowned him for killing civilians indiscriminately.

Maqdisi, who was imprisoned for several years, was briefly released in October after criticising the leader of Islamic State Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.

The timing of his release then prompted some Jordanian officials to suggest that authorities, fearful of militancy spilling across their own borders, had wanted to let him speak out against the Islamic State.

He was released on Thursday on the orders of the state security prosecutor, the first security source told Reuters.

ImWaitingForTheDay

Annoy a conservative....Think for yourself
OH....You're referring to the guy who hasn't lived there for what....6 years, now?
Of course the new spin now will be that W achieved a glorious victory in Iraq after the surge but Obama squandered it all by his powers of projecting weak weakness all over the world with his weak "mom jeans" (whatever that means) causing the Iraqi army to fall apart and emboldening our enemies. Such is the advantage when your base has no memory of the past and will believe whatever lies your propaganda machine churns out.

What really amazes me is that the narrative of "feckless president projects weakness all over the world" combined with an occasional pining for a strongman like Putin is juxtaposed by the continuous narrative of "Obama is a scary, iron-fisted tyrant who will stop at nothing to pursue his radical agenda and won't someone have the guts to stand up to him?" He is Hitler and Chamberlain at the same time. I just don't understand how they get away with it.
original.jpg

BrownArmy

RB got it right...ISIS or ISIL or DASH screwed this one up by immolating the Jordanian pilot...

I'm not sure how much sympathy ISIL gets in Muslim nations (unfortunately, they do have sympathizers), but even the sincere 'Death to America' Muslims are backing away from these :censored2:s.

'Only God tortures by fire', straight out of the Koran. They're certainly not making friends.

I was in a Citibank today, waiting for some real sleepy employees to get their pickup together, so I had about five minutes to watch the news - they were discussing the Jordanian offensive.

I liked the part where the Jordanians were writing quotes from the Koran in chalk on the bombs about to be dropped from planes...

ch317273

When your bank says no, champion says YES
I think we should turn most of the Isis controlled territory into a landfill these people are the epitamy of evil in this world, is make a video of all the prisoner s of gitmo gettin BBQ'd then just blanket bomb the ever living Crap Outta these wet farts.... And Obummer is good for nothing, only good for making the bottomed half of my pay stub fatter with all the taxes I pay to support government assistance programs....sorry if ya disagree with me, I respect others opinions, but I sppent 2 years in Afghanistan and I know firsthand men, women, children there would have all easily blown my head off if they had opportunity to do so.....burn em all, no bullets, let em cook

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Wars? What wars has he started? He somewhat bombs eye sees here and there, any leader who was SERIOUS about getting these SOB's would bomb the living hell out of them. We all know where they're hiding (in plain sight), so EITHER carpet bomb the whole town, OR send in trained killers, round up EVERYBODY (Men, Women, kids) and execute them all.

We should just cut their heads off, no need to waste bullets on these pukes.

Two Americans were beheaded by these MUSLIM terrorist cowards, and Obama "in response" releases gitmo detainees. They execute one Jordanian, and the king is already pummeling them after executing 2 criminals he had.

THAT'S what a leader does.

Hang the punks in Gitmo, and bomb the hell out of Raqqa (or however it's spelled), and they're done. Repeat with the next "cool terrorist group"
Don't recall any other clown that started 2 wars recently.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Don't recall any other clown that started 2 wars recently.
You are so right. Only thing we have had recently is a lot of turn tail and run. Maybe some of sticking our heads in the sand and ignoring real threats to the US. You know what real threats are, right?
10959876_872914729419176_2583382784685627718_n.jpg
It's when a group threatens to decapitate the president in the Oval Office. I tend to believe hostile groups that have proven themselves violent and capable when they make threats. Too bad our president doesn't. Hope it works out for him.