Judge Miller

bbsam

Staff member
That would be a typical Fred "choice". It's his way, or out the door. Wonder if this was covered in their contract or if FedEx built-in an escape clause just for situations like this one.

Now you're being foolish. It's not an "escape clause", its the nature of a contract. It expires every year (or some other time period) and at the end of that year both parties have the right to reenter the agreement or not.

FedExer267

Now you're being foolish. It's not an "escape clause", its the nature of a contract. It expires every year (or some other time period) and at the end of that year both parties have the right to reenter the agreement or not.
Sounds like another lawsuit on the horizon. Id be pretyy ticked off if I had a vested business in FedEx and then told sorry were moving on without you. Meanwhile your left holding the bag of a truck payment which you try and sell sure but good luck getting what you owe on it.
This is just another way of proving the Ground Model is a scam. True business owners start off small then it is their choice to expand. How can you say run your own business when right away you get saddled with more than you can handle. God forbid you have no idea how this business works, just more proof you as a Independent Contractor are set up for failure. If you are a Independent Contractor the choice to have one or five or even ten routes should be up to you. Just more proof Independent Contractors pay the cost of doing FedEx business then when they out live their term they are thrown out.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is

Or you'll have to do what Fred and his legal buddies decide to come up with.

Better read the fine print in your contract.

bbsam

Staff member
Or you'll have to do what Fred and his legal buddies decide to come up with.

Better read the fine print in your contract.
That's the cool part about it. I get to negotiate the contract now. I can use just about any vehicle I want. I can hire whoever I want (after dot physical and drug screen). I don't have to put Fedex markings on the truck. Anything naysayers have been saying all along is now addressed. And of course it pays more. I'll probably hire one of the management staff from the terminal to run my day to day operations with the company, person called a key contact.

bbsam

Staff member
Oh. That part about negotiating the contract, that's where the lawyer and accountant come in. Last thing I want is to think I've negotiated a great contract for myself only to find out that I've just screwed myself. See, part of succeeding is knowing one's limitations.

DorkHead

Alot going on here. Has been for quite a while. The monies not being collected by the IRS are very substantial. Contractor or Express driver, either way you`re screwed. If more work is diverted to Express then those drivers will most likely become part timers and fedex will no longer be classified as a airline. If not now, you can be sure it will be brought up again in the future. If you`re a contractor, doesn`t matter if you own 2 or 10 routes. Eventually the money lost to the government will be the great decider. Fedex will still need the same amount of drivers, whether ground or express to operate the business. It`s all about the money, plain and simple. Our government loves to see private or public business thrive. However, they also want their piece of the pie.

MO FedEx Guy

With the ISP model the company is able to cut the number of contrators by about 3/4, yes by 75% and pay them very, very well.

I am curious to know if anyone here has already converted to the ISP Model! If so, how much were you able to negotiate for?

I am an Independent Contractor in Missouri and I own 9 routes, 2 Supplementals, and we are transitioning to ISP in November 2011. At this point I don't even know where to even begin. I keep hearing that I will make significantly more money, but "significantly more" to one person means something completely different to another person.

Any insite would be appreciated.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I am curious to know if anyone here has already converted to the ISP Model! If so, how much were you able to negotiate for?

I am an Independent Contractor in Missouri and I own 9 routes, 2 Supplementals, and we are transitioning to ISP in November 2011. At this point I don't even know where to even begin. I keep hearing that I will make significantly more money, but "significantly more" to one person means something completely different to another person.

Any insite would be appreciated.

Fred parting with a penny would mean "significantly more" money to him. Ever watched SpongeBob Squarepants? Eugene Krabs reminds me an awful lot of our dear Fearless Leader. Grease-up, and bend over.

quadro

Fred parting with a penny would mean "significantly more" money to him. Ever watched SpongeBob Squarepants? Eugene Krabs reminds me an awful lot of our dear Fearless Leader. Grease-up, and bend over.
Of course, that's just an opinion, right?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
OK......so much for Philosophy 101.

Now has history taught you anything? Fed Ex has a proven track record of throwing its' workers under the bus. This obviously has happened with IC's too. What makes you think that your comfy position is invunerable?
Think of FedEx like a crime family

IC are "in the family" so to speak. Fred does not want to screw the caporegime, that just means less profits from the very bottom associates/ help high in a risk-low reward. However Fred does want to make as much money legally as possible and push the envelope of what is legal and what is not.

The more squarely Fred deals with the IC the more flexible the IC can be in servicing more parcels for less money, dangling more money in front of someone is easy when it makes sense.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Think of FedEx like a crime family

IC are "in the family" so to speak. Fred does not want to screw the caporegime, that just means less profits from the very bottom associates/ help high in a risk-low reward. However Fred does want to make as much money legally as possible and push the envelope of what is legal and what is not.

The more squarely Fred deals with the IC the more flexible the IC can be in servicing more parcels for less money, dangling more money in front of someone is easy when it makes sense.

I suppose. Do you think Fred missed his true calling?

quadro

Ahhh. Yes, he's a consiglieri.
You give me way too much credit. Although it is sweet that you think about me. Quite ironic that you agree with the crime family theme. You know, given the history of unions and you wanting a union at FedEx.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I suppose. Do you think Fred missed his true calling?
I think Mark Groening got his persona to a T

56717.jpg

MrBurns.gif