Juicing Cannabis

wkmac

(NaturalNews) At 16, Kristen Peskuski was suffering from joint inflammation and an array of autoimmune conditions which made her organs and other tissues swell, including interstitial cystitis and lupus. She was prescribed over 40 different anti-inflammatory, antibiotic and painkilling medications to combat the symptoms. Still struggling to bring the symptoms under control, Kristen developed steroid toxicity. She was told that the most she could hope for was reduced discomfort, and with luck, she might make it to her 30th birthday. Seeking alternative treatments, she began juicing raw cannabis leaves every day, and within two months, Kristen's back pain had been eliminated, and she had stopped using any other painkillers.

Meet Amber

At two years old, she was diagnosed with terminal brain tumours. Her mother was told that with treatment, Amber had a 10 percentchance of survival. After surgery, radiation, and chemotherapy, the tumours were still spreading. Her parents were advised to take their child home, make her comfortable, and prepare for the inevitable. A month later, her parents reported a startling change. The tumours had decreased in size and number. The family had been juicing cannabis leaves and feeding their baby a few ounces of the juice each day.

Not a clinical trial by any means but is thought provoking none the less.

wkmac

Miracles are also thought provoking, there are countless stories where nothing but prayer was used and people had conditions reversed.
just sayin'

And then there have been scientific studies done that show intercessory prayer has no effect whatsoever. See here and here

Uh......just sayin!

And then there have been scientific studies done that show intercessory prayer has no effect whatsoever. See here and here

Uh......just sayin!

That's OK...scientist sometimes have a tendency to denounce anything they can't explain and/or prove. Quite used to that argument.
If I remember correctly, there have been studies that show the actual effects of cannabis are nil and only serve to keep people high.
Don't get me wrong, I am not saying I put more or less credibility to the purported positive effects of cannabis, just that there are differing opinions even in the medical community.

wkmac

I first read of this little guy in High Times. I also have read his cancer returned in Oct 2011. But for the open minded it is thought provoking.Cash Hyde, 2, prescribed medical cannabis in brain tumour battle | Mail Online

Tooner,

Here is an update on Cash from about a week ago. I understood the ability of marijuana to relieve symptoms of chemo treatment but it wasn't until I saw a program on TV where medical researchers explained the properties of cannabinoids found in cannabis and how they work did I begin to question that cannabis may indeed have a place in the treatment process. Before that, I thought the healing claims coming from the legalization community as pure over reach but the more I read there may really be something to this. And I said may because the research is on going.

In the original article I posted starting this thread, it mentions a 2004' article in Scientific American that the human brain can create it's own type cannabinoid and what that might mean in the way of treatment research.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I just read the update.
I originally read the cashy hyde thing online, got the magazine for my supervisor to read as his beautiful daughter has had brain cancer recur 3xs, and shes now 20. I rolled it up,(no pun intended) wrapped it in a rubber band and discreetly handed it to him. All I know, if the doctors give up and its my kid, I would go to the ends of the earth to do SOMETHING.
My return of appreciation is he gave me back the magazine, a few weeks later, with no warning, unhidden, flopped in my face while I was talking to the center manager about a cod discrepancy. I tried to stuff it in my pants, shirt, or up my arse, as I did not want bad thoughts of me. But I realize I just didnt care. They can check my hair, my urine and my blood, anywhere anytime and Im clean. I can read whatever I want, they can think what they will.
I thought if it was my kid and the docs said give it up. The babies skin is peeling like a horrific sunburn, he cant eat, hes minutes from dying, I would do the same thing. I can only pray I would have had the knowledge to try it.
The cost of buying this on the street had to be astronomical as he needed pounds, and last I "heard" , its like 200$ per oz. if it were legal everywhere, it would be openly growing everywhere, and the cost would not have been so much, or dangerous to hunt down, or illegal to buy. Or impossible for this father to try to save his childs life.
Its definitely something to consider.
consider, as we know the harm opiates do to the liver and the kidneys, and the addiction factor. Pray you never need any of them, also pray , you can be prescribed med marijuana in your state soon.

As I go back and re-read this thread, I realized I was coming off as being anti-cannabis for medical treatment. The fact is, I am not. If it does indeed help, I see no reason not to try it. What I resist is the use of marijuana for recreational use for one major reason. That is because MJ has caused so many problems in the past, I see no reason to encourage the use, just for fun. From what I have read MJ, when burned, creates harmful carcinogens so why add another unhealthy source, just for fun. IMO, before we release MJ/cannabis for medical treatment more, in depth study, needs to be done before we OK it to be used for self medication.

bbsam

Staff member

Uh......just sayin!
I'm afraid science missed it's target. Why not test the intecessory prayer's effect on those doing the praying? The tests show an almost medieval misunderstanding of prayer in likening it almost to magic or sorcery.

moreluck

golden ticket member
One of the things that's great about prayer is that you can do it and nobody knows!! It's your little secret from the world if you want it to be.

No TSA agent will discover you praying and forbid you to board the plane.

You won't be taxed by the gov't for your prayers.

I believe like the Jewish mothers say, "It couldn't hurt."

My high school class has a website where we all tell what's happening, share recipes, jokes and make requests for prayers for diffrent problems we all have at times. I believe in the power of prayer.......and the power of many praying for one.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
As I go back and re-read this thread, I realized I was coming off as being anti-cannabis for medical treatment. The fact is, I am not. If it does indeed help, I see no reason not to try it. What I resist is the use of marijuana for recreational use for one major reason. That is because MJ has caused so many problems in the past, I see no reason to encourage the use, just for fun. From what I have read MJ, when burned, creates harmful carcinogens so why add another unhealthy source, just for fun. IMO, before we release MJ/cannabis for medical treatment more, in depth study, needs to be done before we OK it to be used for self medication.
Why not add another source of medicine? Every med you take has serious side effects. Point is when you need them you weigh the benefits against the side effects. Morphine , vicodin, oxycontin are addictive, but if the pain is bad enough you would rather die, who cares if you are addicted if you are out of pain? marijuana in any form in my opinion is not physically addictive. it may well be psychologically addictive, because when you take it you are not in pain, and thats a nice place to be.
I think the studies are done, it needs to be legalized everywhere. At least for med patients. What good is it when 13/14 states allow it, but if you live on the border of one, you cannot get the relief?
Im not even talking of the ramifications of working while high. You probably arent working if on any of them. Or driving.
I will take my risks, put me in traffic with people on alcohol, or eating or texting, or people who take pain crap. Ill go in the pain crap lane.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
As I go back and re-read this thread, I realized I was coming off as being anti-cannabis for medical treatment. The fact is, I am not. If it does indeed help, I see no reason not to try it. What I resist is the use of marijuana for recreational use for one major reason. That is because MJ has caused so many problems in the past, I see no reason to encourage the use, just for fun. From what I have read MJ, when burned, creates
harmful carcinogens so why add another unhealthy source, just for fun. IMO, before we release MJ/cannabis for medical treatment more, in depth study, needs to be done before we OK it to be used for self medication.

I agree with some of your points, and the bottom line is that it is uncharted waters, scientifically, the effects of cannabis ingestion. Even more important than the " harmful carcinogens" ( which are also not-so scientifically clad in detail) are the psychological effects, especially long-term.

I think it is a bit hysterical to say one way or the other the specifics of positive or even negative effects.

Why not add another source of medicine? Every med you take has serious side effects. Point is when you need them you weigh the benefits against the side effects. Morphine , vicodin, oxycontin are addictive, but if the pain is bad enough you would rather die, who cares if you are addicted if you are out of pain? marijuana in any form in my opinion is not physically addictive. it may well be psychologically addictive, because when you take it you are not in pain, and thats a nice place to be.
I think the studies are done, it needs to be legalized everywhere. At least for med patients. What good is it when 13/14 states allow it, but if you live on the border of one, you cannot get the relief?
Im not even talking of the ramifications of working while high. You probably arent working if on any of them. Or driving.
I will take my risks, put me in traffic with people on alcohol, or eating or texting, or people who take pain crap. Ill go in the pain crap lane.
T2, I think you may want to re-read my post that you quoted here.

Point:
I realized I was coming off as being anti-cannabis for medical treatment. The fact is, I am not.

Point:
What I resist is the use of marijuana for recreational use for one major reason.

I agree with some of your points, and the bottom line is that it is uncharted waters, scientifically, the effects of cannabis ingestion. Even more important than the " harmful carcinogens" ( which are also not-so scientifically clad in detail) are the psychological effects, especially long-term.

I think it is a bit hysterical to say one way or the other the specifics of positive or even negative effects.

Not exactly uncharted waters, although I agree more study needs to be done specially considering there is such a rise in interest of medical usage and deregulation.
According to the NIDA, MJ does contain carcinogens and nicotine which can lead to ill-effects on the lungs. Marijuana smoke contains three times the amount of tar found in tobacco smoke and 50 percent more carcinogens. I would think this can be a concern.

Just guessing by "hysterical" you mean "extremely funny" I would say, "whatever turns over your tickle box". I believe that anything we are going to use as a medicine we should question what it is, how does it effect us (both long and short term) and what are the possible negative effects before we ingest whatever it is. In my mind hsyterical is not the word I would use, but prudent might be.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Take a pill and your body flushes out the left overs.
Now our water supplies , rivers, and ocean are full of these leftovers.
So why not use only natural products ?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Take a pill and your body flushes out the left overs.
Now our water supplies , rivers, and ocean are full of these leftovers.
So why not use only natural products ?
Mushrooms are natural........some are poisonous. Just because it's natural doesn't mean it's good for you.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
T2, I think you may want to re-read my post that you quoted here.

Point:

Point:

I know what you meant and I was agreeing. I just think it is silly that it isnt legal for any medical patient. There are many drugs for pain etc, that we do not know the long term effects of. The recreational user doesnt care, he/she will get it anyway.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Not exactly uncharted waters, although I agree more study needs to be done specially considering there is such a rise in interest of medical usage and deregulation.
According to the NIDA, MJ does contain carcinogens and nicotine which can lead to ill-effects on the lungs. Marijuana smoke contains three times the amount of tar found in tobacco smoke and 50 percent more carcinogens. I would think this can be a concern.

Just guessing by "hysterical" you mean "extremely funny" I would say, "whatever turns over your tickle box". I believe that anything we are going to use as a medicine we should question what it is, how does it effect us (both long and short term) and what are the possible negative effects before we ingest whatever it is. In my mind hsyterical is not the word I would use, but prudent might be.
The specifics are invariably unknown. There are certainly negative effects from smoking it. However, there are many safe methods of ingestion.

I meant hysterical, as in, drawing unnecessary attention to ones viewpoint or argument without any real knowledge of the subject. What I really meant was histrionic ;)