July 6th to 10th

racerchaser

What are you expecting this week? Will you get slammed or will it be a light week? Lots of people on vacation and lots of shops closed on friday july 3rd. We had 3 trailers full of stuff needing to go out on the 3rd but the shops were closed.

jds4lunch

What the hell is YOUPS??
They've short staffed us because the projections say it's going to be a light week. Needless to say, we're all expecting to get slammed!

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
You would think Monday would be light since hardly anyone shipped anything on Friday but somehow you know you will be helping others get caught up.

outamyway

The only day the start time for preload in our building before 5am is Monday. Monday start time for me is 4:25.

On Tuesday it's 5:25, Wednesday 5:10, Thursday 5:20, Friday 5:20.

Considering where UPS gets it's projections, I could guess at the volume just as well as they could. In other words, who knows?

code5

When I was a cover driver and had my hours reduced because of projections I took a certain approach and it worked everytime. I would come in at my normal start time and not punch in - simply make myself available if the projections were not correct.

Every bloody time, the drivers were overdispatched and I was utilized right away and didn't lose any time. I was even thanked for my efforts of being available.

NHDRVR

We are cutting runs tomorrow (Tues.) and mine will be combined witht he run next to it. I end up getting the day off (my choice) since a cover driver knows both runs and I don't want my nose buried in a mapbook. Will be a light week and since I am off for the next 4 weeks, yeah baby, I have been in vacation mode for a few days now...

It is what it is:happy2:

whiskey

Our center is projecting light volume on Tuesday, splitting out several routes, they offered me the day off. :)
Lots of bulk today due to Friday's closings. Still managed to clean. And hit a SPORH of 23. Must be the full moon. I'm not that good.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I usually run 115-130 stops. Today I was sent out with 56 and instructed that I was going to be going to do the pickups on an area 8 miles away. My center manager told me when i punched out that they are projecting tomorrow to be lighter and the same type of thing would be happening. I asked to be passed over and I would take a sick day so a CD could come in and get some hours. I have to call in in the morning. I hoping he can leave me off so that i can go get a massage. My back has been really tight for over a month now.