July 6th to 10th

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by racerchaser, Jul 4, 2009.

1. racerchaser

racerchaser New Member

What are you expecting this week? Will you get slammed or will it be a light week? Lots of people on vacation and lots of shops closed on friday july 3rd. We had 3 trailers full of stuff needing to go out on the 3rd but the shops were closed.
  2. jds4lunch

jds4lunch What the hell is YOUPS??

They've short staffed us because the projections say it's going to be a light week. Needless to say, we're all expecting to get slammed!
  3. labels_up

labels_up Box slinger

Or, as some of us prefer to call it, "shooting oneself in the foot" LOL.
  4. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

commercial heavy on Monday and back to normal the rest of the week. July 4th isn't as famous as it used to be.
  5. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

6. bigpackusmc

bigpackusmc New Member

I expect Monday to be real heavy and hopefully normal the rest of the week.I know we start a little earlier onMonday than most mondays

BLACKBOX Life is a Highway...

You would think Monday would be light since hardly anyone shipped anything on Friday but somehow you know you will be helping others get caught up.
  8. browndude

browndude New Member

monday is avon day so it will be heavy when you figure in all the closed stuff too
  9. outamyway

outamyway New Member

The only day the start time for preload in our building before 5am is Monday. Monday start time for me is 4:25.

On Tuesday it's 5:25, Wednesday 5:10, Thursday 5:20, Friday 5:20.

Considering where UPS gets it's projections, I could guess at the volume just as well as they could. In other words, who knows?
  10. MonavieLeaker

MonavieLeaker Bringin Teh_Lulz

Tuesday were only running 50,000
  11. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Wow, that is a lot of drivers!:wink2:
  12. code5

code5 Member

When I was a cover driver and had my hours reduced because of projections I took a certain approach and it worked everytime. I would come in at my normal start time and not punch in - simply make myself available if the projections were not correct.

Every bloody time, the drivers were overdispatched and I was utilized right away and didn't lose any time. I was even thanked for my efforts of being available.
  13. tieguy

tieguy Banned

our avon was closed friday.
  14. MonavieLeaker

15. Dustyroads

Dustyroads New Member

Our center is projecting light volume on Tuesday, splitting out several routes, they offered me the day off. :)
  16. racerchaser

racerchaser New Member

Well we did get hit hard today but it was fun as heck.
  17. MonavieLeaker

120 loads today down by 2:15...Only 70 loads tommorrow
  18. NHDRVR

NHDRVR New Member

We are cutting runs tomorrow (Tues.) and mine will be combined witht he run next to it. I end up getting the day off (my choice) since a cover driver knows both runs and I don't want my nose buried in a mapbook. Will be a light week and since I am off for the next 4 weeks, yeah baby, I have been in vacation mode for a few days now...

It is what it is:happy2:
  19. whiskey

whiskey New Member

Lots of bulk today due to Friday's closings. Still managed to clean. And hit a SPORH of 23. Must be the full moon. I'm not that good.
  20. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

I usually run 115-130 stops. Today I was sent out with 56 and instructed that I was going to be going to do the pickups on an area 8 miles away. My center manager told me when i punched out that they are projecting tomorrow to be lighter and the same type of thing would be happening. I asked to be passed over and I would take a sick day so a CD could come in and get some hours. I have to call in in the morning. I hoping he can leave me off so that i can go get a massage. My back has been really tight for over a month now.