Jump in union dues?

Brasswolf

Last thing I want to be doing right now is thinking about work, but its peak and I just checked my paycheck online and I'm scratching my head. Up until this month dues were $36, dues for this month are $56?

been here 7 years, full time package car driver for the last 9 months. I'm thinking they may go up if I make over XXX amount? or was it just because we got 2 days paid holiday? I know its prolly a question for our local guy but I wont remember to even ask him come Monday the ways our mornings have been.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Last thing I want to be doing right now is thinking about work, but its peak and I just checked my paycheck online and I'm scratching my head. Up until this month dues were $36, dues for this month are $56?

been here 7 years, full time package car driver for the last 9 months. I'm thinking they may go up if I make over XXX amount? or was it just because we got 2 days paid holiday? I know its prolly a question for our local guy but I wont remember to even ask him come Monday the ways our mornings have been.
You've been here 7 years and you don't know anything about union dues?

image.jpeg

Brasswolf

And you don't have to believe me, the first 6 years I spent outside of the building loading trucks for a special account so the only time I saw the building was during hazmat re-ups and through peaks until I transferred to a different part of the state. Never heard or saw anything union related in those 6 years but you knew that right? you wouldn't just jump to a conclusion that everybody has had the same experience as you have.

Thanks Johnnyfootball2014, most helpful.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
And you don't have to believe me, the first 6 years I spent outside of the building loading trucks for a special account so the only time I saw the building was during hazmat re-ups and through peaks until I transferred to a different part of the state. Never heard or saw anything union related in those 6 years but you knew that right? you wouldn't just jump to a conclusion that everybody has had the same experience as you have.

Thanks Johnnyfootball2014, most helpful.
Get a union book is most helpful advice you will ever receive rookie. Also , call your local union hall tomorrow , they will give you your answer immediately , and you can request your book as well. Your welcome.

Last edited:

Brasswolf

If you took vacation last month, you might have missed a dues payment. Do they take out weekly?

No vacation for our first year as a driver, even with 7 years in part time, though I did know that as it happened a few years back when I was out for 6 weeks from major surgery and they took it out twice the following month.

they only take out once a month to answer your question.