Jumping Ship for Amazon

UPSProbs

I know of more than one manager that left ups for Amazon. As part of the offer Amazon reportedly offered a comparable salary, reimbursed lost un-vested MIP awards, and matched vacation weeks. Would this be enough incentive for you to jump ship?

Dragon

Package Center Manager
I know of more than one manager that left ups for Amazon. As part of the offer Amazon reportedly offered a comparable salary, reimbursed lost un-vested MIP awards, and matched vacation weeks. Would this be enough incentive for you to jump ship?

Nope....

Dragon

Package Center Manager

I guess I should ask.

Manager or a Supervisor left for Amazon?

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
My old center manger left for Amazon. They did him wrong, he was in line for a DM spot or something. Been with the company for 25 years. He got sick of all the BS games and shadyness he had to deal with every day( cool dude). They started him off at 110k a year with like a 50k signing bonus if he stayed on for a year and about 150k a year after that with all kinds of incentives. Hes a smart dude, he wouldnt jump ship if it wasnt a good opportunity. Im happy for him. Will he have to deal with alot of BS there? Most likely but thats with every big company, too much MICRO MANAGING going on nowadays. Youll start seeing more UPS management jumping ship to Amazon in the next few years, just watch and see on that 1. Amazon is a huge company, innovative and say what you want on their profit margin or what have ya, THEM BITCHES MAKE MONEY lol. Their going to jump ship eventually from UPS and FEDEX and theyll make lots of money with alot of different things.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
My old center manger left for Amazon. They did him wrong, he was in line for a DM spot or something. Been with the company for 25 years. He got sick of all the BS games and shadyness he had to deal with every day( cool dude). They started him off at 110k a year with like a 50k signing bonus if he stayed on for a year and about 150k a year after that with all kinds of incentives. Hes a smart dude, he wouldnt jump ship if it wasnt a good opportunity. Im happy for him. Will he have to deal with alot of BS there? Most likely but thats with every big company, too much MICRO MANAGING going on nowadays. Youll start seeing more UPS management jumping ship to Amazon in the next few years, just watch and see on that 1. Amazon is a huge company, innovative and say what you want on their profit margin or what have ya, THEM BITCHES MAKE MONEY lol. Their going to jump ship eventually from UPS and FEDEX and theyll make lots of money with alot of different things.

They are building one here...gonna be interesting. I like the figures you posted I am sure my family would like them too.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
They are building one here...gonna be interesting. I like the figures you posted I am sure my family would like them too.
Come on dude you know the real deal, no need to come on hear n play MR. HARDASCZZ like you do sometimes, its a mess n you know it. And honestly i feel bad for what you and your supervisor co workers go through on a daily basis. We may work alot harder than you guys but the truth is you guys have way more stress involved than we do. Thats not me kissing your butt thats the blatantly obvious truth, any smart person can see that. If your a center manager, that means your not stupid and have to be intelligent to an extent, might be a good idea to think about it dude. I dont wish any hateful stuff on any center managers or supes, does get old the micro managing but we know you get it from above. If you jump ship i wouldnt blame ya and would wish you luck in that endeavor. CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG- MERRY XMAS TOO DUDE lol.

They did that to an On-car sup here ( told him it was orion... but he had let it be known he had been looking)
They usually do that to management who have a lot of experience but can't quite cut the mustard. At the same time they don't want to lose them to the competition.

Kind of like a porter job for management.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
First time I have ever heard that.
My New Years resolution for you Dragon is to not be so serious all the time and lighten up dude. We all drink out of that same dirty brown cup, so have fun n bulljive a lil bit when your on here lol. We all throw joking shots at each other on here its the norm man lol.

No never heard anyone being placed on special assignment because some one is afraid they will jump ship.

Usually its a reward or they don't know what to do with them and some times they are on special assignment because they are burned out.
IMHO they do it to the second string players . No room on the roster but don't want to cut them.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Wow, impressive numbers. BUT a TON more stress .
I doubt that, maybe the same or less. These supes nowadays are under so much stress and scrutiny from their bosses its ridiculous i know first hand from my boy whos a driver supe. You wouldnt believe some of the stuff ive heard from him about their dishonesty and shadyness lol.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
I doubt that, maybe the same or less. These supes nowadays are under so much stress and scrutiny from their bosses its ridiculous i know first hand from my boy whos a driver supe. You wouldnt believe some of the stuff ive heard from him about their dishonesty and shadyness lol.

Please elaborate on "dishonesty and shadyness" post some examples. You are using a broad brush to label everyone, your boy may be the dishonest one (not unheard of) and he is trying to drag everyone down with him once he is caught.