Junky pkg. cars

OptimusPrime

The lap belt deal really bothers me. Seeing as how shoulder belts have been considered a very safe thing going on at least 30? years.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I try to have that attitude some days, FilingBluesFL, but this time of year, I'd prefer to get done at a somewhat normal hour. I try to do replies on the threads, but it doesn't work from my iPhone & I only use the mobile version. Is this an issue w/ everyone using mobile versions Android or iPhone?

Im on an iPhone also. Don't use the mobile site. Go to the full site and you should have no problems. Or download tapatalk

Marne Vet

Old package cars? A 700 with round pedals and a wooden bulkhead door. That was the oldest POS I drove. You almost had to be Superman to use the clutch, and it had a lot of play in the steering. So happy to have a new 1000 now. It's the only thing that's saving my knees from blowing completely out.

J

Jerry Gallo

I was using tapatalk when this site was down for awhile. Guess I'll try using it all the time. Don't like using full sites when you constantly hafta expand then w/ your fingers. Thanks, Brownslave688.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
We had a couple of high step no power steering 1000's at the end of the summer seasonal period. They've since disappeared. They were only 4 speeds. The shifting was so loose & the clutch so stiff. Went out on route once w/ 1 & did EAMs another time. Didn't have fobs either, hadta use actual keys, & not sure they had telematics. Keep forgetting to ask the mechanic what happened to them.
The stiff clutch comes from being worn out. Hard to keep them nice and light with the hammering they get. Lots of them go rock hard in a matter of weeks.

rod

Retired 22 years
The stiff clutch comes from being worn out. Hard to keep them nice and light with the hammering they get. Lots of them go rock hard in a matter of weeks.

I found that if you disconnected one of the two stiff springs under the dash that help pull the clutch pedal back up that it helped. If still bad - disconnect them both. I had a P-800 that you almost had to use both feet on the clutch to push it down. I did alot of no-clutch shifting with that POS. I've still have a half a dozen clutch return springs in my "spring" drawer in my shop.

FilingBluesFL

They are too skinny, and have a wider turning radius. Not a fan of them .THE only features I liked was the LED lights and the side marker light....makes it easier to see the :censored2: end in the dark.

I'm not talking about one of these new euro-style ones. .

The older shoebox on wheels type have got dem LS's, yo. The newer gassers, with a slightly different front end type

newpackagecar.jpg
newpackagecar.jpg

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I got an older 700 automatic and that sumbitch will roll DADDY O lol. Id rather be jammed up like a mother everyday in that smurf truck than get a bigger truck that is junk, anyday of the week lol. Good acceleration and good top end. The older senior driver who runs the air shuttle now in the am, used to be his truck and he loved that baby lol.

STFXG

Yeah, has a crappy underpowered Isuzu 4 Cylinder Diesel in it. Haven't driven it yet, but I haven't heard anything nice about it.

Isuzu reach is the van. 150 hp and something like 260 ft lbs of torque. Also supposed to get 20 mpg... That isuzu motor is one of the most reliable motors in the world. Rated to get over 300k miles.

bbsam

Staff member
I'd stay away for a while until they get emissions systems solved but that goes for all diesels now. I guess it gets worse in 2014.

bbsam

Staff member
Isuzu reach is the van. 150 hp and something like 260 ft lbs of torque. Also supposed to get 20 mpg... That isuzu motor is one of the most reliable motors in the world. Rated to get over 300k miles.

Lool at those numbers. Those were Ford 300-6 numbers 20 years ago.

STFXG

I'd stay away for a while until they get emissions systems solved but that goes for all diesels now. I guess it gets worse in 2014.

Can it get worse? Spent a couple thousand this year chasing a check engine light on my 2010 sprinter. Something to do with the DEF system. Still haven't figured it out... Gassers for me from now on.