Junky pkg. cars

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Penny (Big Bang Theory) drives with her check engine light on all the time. Drives Sheldon crazy.

The check engine light on my P1000 comes on and goes off at least once a day. I don't worry about it unless it is still on when I get back to the bldg.

We used to have a problem with the DPF and having to run a regen. It has been a while since I have had to ask the shop to do that.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Can it get worse? Spent a couple thousand this year chasing a check engine light on my 2010 sprinter. Something to do with the DEF system. Still haven't figured it out... Gassers for me from now on.

Good move. You won't regret it for the business we are in.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

No. Only if you count all the diesels that get gasoline put in them.

Funny you mentioned that----the gas station that I regularly fuel at was in the process of swapping out their tanks and getting rid of diesel. The office was closed but the pump was still marked diesel so I filled up. When I got back to the bldg I immediately went to the shop and told him what had happened. He went to my pkg car, pulled off the cap and assured me that it was diesel. Whew!

L

Lizzzow

My route is a metro route. Old 1,000. High step, no power steering, lap belt, no key fob with automatic door open, low back of seat so I can crush my skull in an accident. It does have telematics in it though. That's logistics for you.

JL 0513

My route is a metro route. Old 1,000. High step, no power steering, lap belt, no key fob with automatic door open, low back of seat so I can crush my skull in an accident. It does have telematics in it though. That's logistics for you.

Just like I drive.

Gotta love UPS because all they talk about is safety but they keep these dangerous old trucks going. They are going on 30 years old. Give'em up.

No power steering = destroyed shoulders and slow steering response that could cause an accident that would be avoided with power steering.
High step = screwed up knees, more likely trip and fall hazard.
Manuals = more wear and tear on knees (clutch) and shoulders (stick)

Also a feature often forgotten is that the newer trucks have much wider floors up front allowing for much easier unloading. When you place a package down for unloading through front door, you can actually step around it without tripping and squeezing by.

I can't wait until they finally get rid of them all. The hardest part of the job is steering a non power steering PC. Compounded throughout the day, it is more work than unloading the 300 packages off my car. That's sad.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Damm son :censored2: whoopin everyday and getting bodyslammed and pile drived in that old :censored2: piece of shiznitt. SUCKS TO BE YOU lol. Im just playin dude those trucks suck bad. Been there done that. I feel your pain bro for real.