Jury duty; the ultimate get-out-of-jail-free card!!

feederdriver06

former monkey slave
When I was a package car driver I prayed for jury duty and enjoyed it. Was a million times better to be in the courthouse than to be in that lame-o package car. Now as a feeder driver if I get it its cool but it has lost some of its luster. I think I like the tractor better than the courthouse. I don't have to see and/or deal with people in my tractor. My job is beyond gravy.

Jim Kemp

I was called for a Grand Jury once. I returned the paper work the next day. And I never heard another word. I was so disappointed. I was supposed to report 2 or 3 days a week for 6 months.

herbigharo32

Every time I went on jury duty, I would show up and they would just say they don't need me after all. Last time I treated myself to a movie at the Fort Worth Museum Omni Theater ! Nice 65 deg temp at a museum beats the hell outta tha Texas heat. Jury duty in the DFW area is basically a joke at best. They just send mass mailings out and all you have to do is show up. Most of the time, you get sent on your merry way.

JohnnyPension

Went on jury duty once and met a fellow UPS driver from another center. After 8 days they told us (there were about 300 people all told) they would not need us the last two days. We went up to the lady in charge when most of the other people left and asked her if we could stay the extra two days (our civic duty). She looked at us like we were nuts but said they do hold over a few people and if we wanted to stay we could. TWO GUYS WITH BIG SMILES!

Never hurts to ask.

rod

Retired 22 years
Being called up for 2 different winter sessions (served on 6-7 cases--was jury forman once) I have came to the conclusion that school teachers are the biggest crybabies when it comes to trying to get out of jury duty. Whats with that? I loved every minute of it. Especially the days when we would decide a case by 10:00 -- I would be out fishing by 11:00.