Jury Duty

I turn my jury slip,into UPS. They dock that amount from my check.

I did get picked for jury duty,in the middle of December one year. Was on it for 7 days,boss wasn't too happy.

What'dyabringmetoday???

I love jury duty. Getting paid for 8 hours while sitting in a comfortable chair in an air conditioned room.

That being said, I would not feel right about being asked to serve on jury duty during Peak. To me it would be kind of like taking FMLA to play Daddy with my 5 month old baby.
"Play Daddy"? You really are a piece of work. I am almost certain you post crap like this to get responses and draw more attention to yourself. Of course, if The Great UpstateNYUPSer chose to use FMLA to spend time with his child it would be a much different story. I can hardly believe that you are single.

rod

Retired 22 years
The first session of jury duty I had I got to keep everything--jury pay--mileage check-- and daily pay from UPS. The second time I had to give UPS my jury pay but got to keep the mileage check and a daily UPS pay. Being a juror came with a free pass card for parking around town and the courthouse. You could park anywhere (including the reserved spaces for the cop cars) and not get a ticket as long as you had your free pass card hanging from your rearview mirror. If you ever really want to get out of serving on a jury when they are picking jurors out of the jury pool just say you are against the evils of alcohol. It seems like every defendant, when losing a case, pleaded insanity or under the influence of drugs and or alcohol) and saying you were against it got you dismissed from being a juror. My observation was that school teachers were the worst ones when it came to crying about why they couldn't do jury duty. Apparently they didn't get a days pay from the school district. The judges were for the most part unsympathetic.

Bad Gas!

I've been on three juries in 4 tries..The last 2 times I went to jury duty, ups didn't ask for my ck..I figured it was my OT for the day because ups never works us a straight 8..

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Did I mention I love jury duty?
images-13.jpeg

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Sometimes UPS asks for the check, sometimes they don't. Seems like last time I had jury duty they deducted the amount of my check for that week.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I've got a good jury duty story. The last time I served, it ended up being for a full week, mon-fri. An older gentleman was in the jury pool. He was 70+ years old. The judge made a big deal out of it, asking him why, since he could have gotten out of serving because of his age, did he want to serve? The old guy basically said, hell he didn't have anything better to do, so he came. The judge goes on and on "Look at this man, coming all the way downtown to do his civic duty when he could have begged off...blah blah." Well, the old timer got picked, and so did I. Only problem is, he couldn't stay awake. We sure as hell didn't want to sit thru a week of testimony and have it thrown out because one of the jurors took naps. I sat right behind sleeping beauty, and my fellow jurors elected me to keep an eye on him. When I saw his head nod, I kicked the back of his chair or poked him in the side to wake him up. We made it through the whole week, and sent a child molester to prison for life to boot.